Republicans set to just say no to jobs bill

I love how all these lovely illogical ideas and mudslinging is just the main focus of this thread by people. :eusa_whistle:

Ame®icano;2041362 said:
True.

But if we don't insist on cuts, they are encouraged to spend the same if not more.

:lol: What? I can see if you want to stop spending, that's one thing. But trying to stop waste by cutting spending is like burning down your neighborhood to warm your house.

Ame®icano;2041362 said:
True.

But if we don't insist on cuts, they are encouraged to spend the same if not more.

:lol: What? I can see if you want to stop spending, that's one thing. But trying to stop waste by cutting spending is like burning down your neighborhood to warm your house.
Explain how you make such a conclusion?

I know when financial times were tight in my life, I sure as heck cut out waste.

Ame®icano;2041362 said:
True.

Government is burning everyone's house.

I didn't mentioned waste. Why there is a waste anyway?

Government has to cut spending and stop spending money they don't have.

I know when financial times were tight in my life, I sure as heck cut out waste.

Not quite the exact comparison I'm making. There is a difference. One side of the coin is knowing where the waste is, and cutting it out. The other side (the other side I saw being proposed) is simply cutting 20% of all these budgets, aiming wildly so to speak and hoping to hit some waste.

Ame®icano;2041403 said:
Government is burning everyone's house.

I didn't mentioned waste. Why there is a waste anyway?

Government has to cut spending and stop spending money they don't have.

So you're against deficit spending I assume then?

Not quite the exact comparison I'm making. There is a difference. One side of the coin is knowing where the waste is, and cutting it out. The other side (the other side I saw being proposed) is simply cutting 20% of all these budgets, aiming wildly so to speak and hoping to hit some waste.
Well, if my income is cut 20%, I will sit down and prioritize my spending. Waste goes first.

"Stimulus Bill" => government spending on low-return ideas.

"Jobs Bill" => " "

What is the next Newspeak term we can expect to see from the left?

By God, now didn't we get one hell of a return on going to war with Iraq on the basis of Conservative lies?

Wasn't it wonderful how, after making tens of billions on the Iraq war, Cheney's Haliburton moved their headquarters to Dubai?

Cutting taxes on the very wealthy while doing to wars was such a hell of a real Conservative idea.

And then there is the little matter of ol' Enron Gramm's deregulations, and the near global depression.

Yessireee, you Conservatives are so innocent of 'newspeak'. Ol' George oWell Bush taught you well.

Ame®icano;2041338 said:
Fair enough. Let's cut the military budget by 20%.

Non sequitur much? :confused:

We can and should cut 20% from every government program; Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Education, Defense, etc. - straight on down the line. There is fraud, waste, and abuse in every program, every dept.

With cutting only 20% we would still run the deficit.

Yep--but 20% would be a great beginning--of taking this big--spending government down to size---:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

How many government workers have been laid off? None--the government is the only one hiring right now--because our grandchildren are paying for it.

Ame®icano;2041348 said:

"Jobs Bill" => " "

More speeches how we just don't get it.

Hard to guess what they'll say it's for. For several months they have been referring to unemployment checks as a "stimulus"---LOL.

Well, if my income is cut 20%, I will sit down and prioritize my spending. Waste goes first.

Let me try and make a better comparison. If you don't know where the waste is without taking a close look, are you going to simply start cutting your food budget while leaving your entertainment budget out-of-control?

Of course not.

Simply proposing across the board 20% cuts without rhyme or reason is not only illogical but would have a effect on many programs that could effect our national security. (Such as defense which was proposed.)

"Jobs Bill" => " "

By God, now didn't we get one hell of a return on going to war with Iraq on the basis of Conservative lies?

Wasn't it wonderful how, after making tens of billions on the Iraq war, Cheney's Haliburton moved their headquarters to Dubai?

Cutting taxes on the very wealthy while doing to wars was such a hell of a real Conservative idea.

And then there is the little matter of ol' Enron Gramm's deregulations, and the near global depression.

Yessireee, you Conservatives are so innocent of 'newspeak'. Ol' George oWell Bush taught you well.
LMAO. Booosh did it, so it's a good thing.

I've seen everything now.

You just used another fallacy (tu quoque) to make MY point. Bravo.

Ame®icano;2041462 said:
What, you're not?

Better question is who isn't against deficit spending in theory?

In reality, how do you propose we pay for the War in Afghanistan and Iraq? Give the troops monopoly dollars?

Let me try and make a better comparison. If you don't know where the waste is without taking a close look, are you going to simply start cutting your food budget while leaving your entertainment budget out-of-control? ....
When the income is cut, I actually have a motivation TO look.

Funny how that works, huh?

Simply proposing across the board 20% cuts without rhyme or reason is not only illogical but would have a effect on many programs that could effect our national security. (Such as defense which was proposed.)
And what makes you think there is no rhyme or reason? I feel confident stating that there IS waste in ALL government agencies. 20% may only cut some of the waste in some and cause others to cut all their waste and even move onto cutting some of their programs. Oh, the horror! Smaller and limited government in that latter case.

Last edited:

Look Dogbert, we do know where the waste is, or at least part of it.

We don't need private jets for Congress members. We don't need pet projects, not at this time. We don't need Pelosi's makeup and flowers budget. We don't need pay raise for government employees when they run deficit. Congress can cut on staff members. We know there is waste in Medicare, why don't they cut it right now with or without HC overhaul.

Yes, cut the budget not 20%, but 50%. Let them learn how to preserve and live on less. That's what we all do in our homes.

Forum List

Back