Republicans set to just say no to jobs bill

And what makes you think there is no rhyme or reason? I feel confident stating that there IS waste in ALL government agencies. 20% may only cut some of the waste in some and cause others to cut all their waste and even move onto cutting some of their programs. Oh, the horror! Smaller and limited government in that case.

I'm sure there is. The less money the government needs to spend, the better. However, you seem to not get that what you're arguing and what someone argued earlier was completely different. I'm not arguing against your points.

"Stimulus Bill" => government spending on low-return ideas.

"Jobs Bill" => " "

What is the next Newspeak term we can expect to see from the left?

You mean like "Islamofascist"? or "No Child Left Behind"?

"Newspeak" isn't a "left" thing. This is a "people" thing. Don't be naive.
Encore, tu quoque. LMAO!

This is just too easy.

Perhaps you don't understand what tu quoque means.

Translated, it means "You, too". Otherwise known as the "But mom! He did it first" argument. It's a logical fallacy meant to discredit a statement by excusing it by comparison - your side did it first.

Whereas my statement made NO comment on your thesis - I do not attempt to contradict you, I agree with your statement. "Newspeak" is used by liberals. My post was aimed at you being disingenuous by implying that only the "left" do it.

Ame®icano;2041481 said:
Look Dogbert, we do know where the waste is, or at least part of it.

We don't need private jets for Congress members. We don't need pet projects, not at this time. We don't need Pelosi's makeup and flowers budget. We don't need pay raise for government employees when they run deficit. Congress can cut on staff members. We know there is waste in Medicare, why don't they cut it right now with or without HC overhaul.

Yes, cut the budget not 20%, but 50%. Let them learn how to preserve and live on less. That's what we all do in our homes.

I agree, they don't need private jets or pet projects. And cutting Medicare in general but not cutting waste? :eusa_eh:

And to what I bolded: You're right. They'll be able to preserve and live on "less" thanks to that new campaign financing law that was upheld by the SCOTUS. :eusa_eh:

Ame®icano;2041481 said:
Explain how you make such a conclusion?

I know when financial times were tight in my life, I sure as heck cut out waste.

Not quite the exact comparison I'm making. There is a difference. One side of the coin is knowing where the waste is, and cutting it out. The other side (the other side I saw being proposed) is simply cutting 20% of all these budgets, aiming wildly so to speak and hoping to hit some waste.

We don't need private jets for Congress members. We don't need pet projects, not at this time. We don't need Pelosi's makeup and flowers budget. We don't need pay raise for government employees when they run deficit. Congress can cut on staff members. We know there is waste in Medicare, why don't they cut it right now with or without HC overhaul.

Yes, cut the budget not 20%, but 50%. Let them learn how to preserve and live on less. That's what we all do in our homes.

You do understand the difference between macro- and micro-economics, right? They don't work the same way.

Ame®icano;2041462 said:
What, you're not?

Better question is who isn't against deficit spending in theory?

In reality, how do you propose we pay for the War in Afghanistan and Iraq? Give the troops monopoly dollars?

How?

War tax. As long we got troops there, we pay war tax. When we bring troops home, we eliminate tax. Longer we have troops over, longer we pay those taxes. There is another good thing about it, those who oppose taxes will not vote for wars. True?

But we all know how it works. Once government imposes any tax, it never goes away. Why? It’s because they're lying SOB's.

Ame®icano;2041494 said:
How?

War tax. As long we got troops there, we pay war tax. When we bring troops home, we eliminate tax. Longer we have troops over, longer we pay those taxes. There is another good thing about it, those who oppose taxes will not vote for wars. True?

But we all know how it works. Once government imposes any tax, it never goes away. Why? It’s because they're lying SOB's.

Well if we never stop fighting wars, the tax would stand. And if you think the War on Terrorism is going to be ending anytime soon, got news for you.

Just be lucky that Palin or Cheney aren't in office. Wanting to bomb Iran and Russia? Can you imagine how our military would look fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and or Russia?

Assuming we're not all dead from nuclear weapons from Russia of course.

Ame®icano;2041481 said:
Not quite the exact comparison I'm making. There is a difference. One side of the coin is knowing where the waste is, and cutting it out. The other side (the other side I saw being proposed) is simply cutting 20% of all these budgets, aiming wildly so to speak and hoping to hit some waste.

You do understand the difference between macro- and micro-economics, right? They don't work the same way.

Do you understand that if you spend more then you have, you are in red and someone will pay for it.

Ame®icano;2041494 said:
How?

Well if we never stop fighting wars, the tax would stand. And if you think the War on Terrorism is going to be ending anytime soon, got news for you.

Just be lucky that Palin or Cheney aren't in office. Wanting to bomb Iran and Russia? Can you imagine how our military would look fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and or Russia?

And we've been at war consistently since right after WWII.

Eisenhower was right, in his farewell address.

Ame®icano;2041504 said:
Ame®icano;2041481 said:

Do you understand that if you spend more then you have, you are in red and someone will pay for it.

And if you think that anything related to macroeconomics is that simple, in a world where 90% of trading is speculative, you've never taken an econ class.

Looking back, Eisenhower was right about most things. Too bad we as a country have failed to listen to him and especially his own party. He truly was the Greatest President Post-WWII.

Ame®icano;2041494 said:
How?

@ bold: That's where you exercise your right to vote.

Ame®icano;2041513 said:

Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship. ...voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

Extra credit if you can guess who said this.

Ame®icano;2041513 said:
Ame®icano;2041494 said:
How?

Do you realize that drastically cutting back the defense budget right now would turn this recession into a second Great Depression? The military-industrial complex is too large a part of our economy now. Peace = lost jobs.

You mean like "Islamofascist"? or "No Child Left Behind"?

"Newspeak" isn't a "left" thing. This is a "people" thing. Don't be naive.
Encore, tu quoque. LMAO!

This is just too easy.

Perhaps you don't understand what tu quoque means.

Translated, it means "You, too". Otherwise known as the "But mom! He did it first" argument. It's a logical fallacy meant to discredit a statement by excusing it by comparison - your side did it first.

Whereas my statement made NO comment on your thesis - I do not attempt to contradict you, I agree with your statement. "Newspeak" is used by liberals. My post was aimed at you being disingenuous by implying that only the "left" do it.
Tu quoque is your reply to my comment.

Idiot.

And, I implied nothing. You inferred. Incorrectly. But, if you wish to invoke a tu quoque 'point' on the Newspeak front, I'll thank you for amusing me again.

And what makes you think there is no rhyme or reason? I feel confident stating that there IS waste in ALL government agencies. 20% may only cut some of the waste in some and cause others to cut all their waste and even move onto cutting some of their programs. Oh, the horror! Smaller and limited government in that case.

I'm sure there is. The less money the government needs to spend, the better. However, you seem to not get that what you're arguing and what someone argued earlier was completely different. I'm not arguing against your points.
Then what are you doing in your responses to me, huh?

Looking back, Eisenhower was right about most things. Too bad we as a country have failed to listen to him and especially his own party. He truly was the Greatest President Post-WWII.
That's an awfully weak field of "competitors".

Of course, it rings pretty hollow to have someone preach to us about the military-industrial complex, from a guy who just spent eight years enabling it.

Ame®icano;2041513 said:

Do you realize that drastically cutting back the defense budget right now would turn this recession into a second Great Depression? The military-industrial complex is too large a part of our economy now. Peace = lost jobs.

You should read all posts.

Edit. I already explained how to cover defense cuts in war time.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;2041513 said:

Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship. ...voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

Extra credit if you can guess who said this.

I'm a pretty big fan of that quote, even if it was made by the second-most evil person in history (more accurately the most evil's second-in-command).

At least (at his trial) he was honest.

Absolute nonsense.

Money not squandered on empire is available for productive and useful, not to mention peaceful, economic activity.

Forum List

Back