Republicans Seek To Cut 1.3 Million Vets

Republican’s War on Veterans Benefits Continues

by Ben Krause

Remember Michele Bachmanns’s attempted $4 billion cut from disabled veterans compensation? Well, “they’re ba-ack…” Except this time they are looking to cut away at our VA healthcare.
Republican Paul Ryan and the House of Representatives are looking to end VA healthcare for over 1.3 million veterans who are Priority 7 & 8. These veterans are the least disabled veterans using the system, usually with disability ratings of 0 percent or no service-connected disability. According to the Congressional Budget Office “Option 35,” the cuts would leave 130,000 veterans with no healthcare alternative. This means veterans with conditions not recognized by the VA, like certain diseases from Agent Orange exposure, would have to pay for healthcare out of pocket if they had not other service connected disability.
Currently, the VA spends over $4 billion yearly to treat these vets, despite co-pays intended to offset the expense. Ryan’s cuts are intended to save $6 billion off the VA’s tab and $62 billion over the next 10 years. Instead of merely increasing the co-pay or taxing Wall Street, Congress wants to just cut your benefits out, all together.
Disabled American Veterans (DAV) is fighting the across the board cut because many of the veterans in question have come to rely on VA healthcare over the years. In times when healthcare costs are astronomical, these veterans will go without the care they were promised, if the proposal becomes law. DAV voiced additional concerns that this attempt is just the start of a gradual and specifically focused erosion of veterans’ benefits.

Update: the cuts discussed above did not make the “markup.” Once the topic was run up the flagpole, public outcry caused the House to go back to the drawing board. Instead, the House cut spending for the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims by half of the requested funds from the White House. This court is one of the last resorts for veterans’ disability appeals. Meanwhile, they did allow funding for the VA to police the hand washing of its employees using RFID technology. So while veterans may not get the care they need or the disability rating they deserve, VA employees will not have pee on their hands. At least the government contractor responsible for implementing the system will get paid.

A. You didn't cry a fucking tear when obie doodle stole 960 Billion dollars from medicare. Did ya?

When did that happen? And what does it have anything to do with Veterans benefits?

As someone that has been around the military my entire life....I call bullshit whenever some lib claims to support the Vets and current military more than conservatives. This article is probably half-truths and spin to make up bullshit over the issue.

When it gets down to it, Democrats have been cutting up the DoD budget the past few years even now threatening to cut our DoD budget to around 2% of GDP when our enemies like China are growing their military.

The libs here telling their side of the story are full of shit, they are the old pervert trying to lure the kid into their apartment with a toy.....

As someone that has been around the military my entire life....I call bullshit whenever some lib claims to support the Vets and current military more than conservatives. This article is probably half-truths and spin to make up bullshit over the issue.

When it gets down to it, Democrats have been cutting up the DoD budget the past few years even now threatening to cut our DoD budget to around 2% of GDP when our enemies like China are growing their military.

The libs here telling their side of the story are full of shit, they are the old pervert trying to lure the kid into their apartment with a toy.....

Veteran's benefits are not scored as part of the DoD budget. But as someone who's been around the military your entire life..you probably knew that..

Right?

its like you dont bother reading ever.

and you're inability top grasp simple logic is , well frightening...again-

This means veterans with conditions not recognized by the VA, like certain diseases from Agent Orange exposure,

so, their argument is with who?

would have to pay for healthcare out of pocket if they had not other service connected disability.

amazing you take it out of context to try to make a point.

Aren;t you one of those guys screaming to cut the defense budget. Here ya go.

Dipshit, I'm talking about overall treatment of current military and Vets.

Democrats have floated the idea of no military retirement after 20 years or forcing them to wait till they're 65 to get something. Now that is really support the Vets, eh?

Nevermind Obama trying to make military pay for healthcare costs in Tricare, now that is supporting the troops.

The thing is the DoD budget should trim the fat, but attacking the actual troops' benefits and pay to make up for the trillons thrown away by Obama is bullshit.

I saw the military under Carter, Clinton and Obama first-hand....it sucks compared to Reagan and Bush x 2.

Veteran's benefits are not scored as part of the DoD budget. But as someone who's been around the military your entire life..you probably knew that..

Right?

Yada yada yada George Soros propaganda again. You could find a post that claims republicans want to kill seniors or poison the envirement without looking too hard. Never forget that democrats tried to undermine the Military in Iraq. It was democrat congressman Murtha who called Marines "murderers" and it was democrat senator Kerry who called Soldiers "terrorists". Democrats purchased a full page ad in the NY Times calling the commander of US Troops "betray-us" and the democrat senate majority leader tried to undermine the morale of the Troops by saying "the war in Iraq is lost" just as the troop surge was working. What happened to Cindy Sheehan's bunch of anti-war activists? They only work during republican administrations? What are left wing radicals so afraid of? You would think that republicans control the entire government if you listen to their whining. Don't believe the Soros generated crap you are going to hear for the next year and a half. Look at what is happening to America under Obaminism.

Believe me, if there were any legs/validity to this late-breaking "story" (first published by Congress in 2008, ahem....under whose watch, ahem) - it would be plastered all over MSNBCPMS, Keith Blubberman, CNN, etc. They'd be calling for this Congressman's head.

My VA benefits are just fine. I'll stick to the reports/news the FACTS I receive from the credible veteran's associations/organizations I belong to, vs. the OP's yank from an un-credible website.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

its like you dont bother reading ever.

and you're inability top grasp simple logic is , well frightening...again-

This means veterans with conditions not recognized by the VA, like certain diseases from Agent Orange exposure,

so, their argument is with who?

would have to pay for healthcare out of pocket if they had not other service connected disability.

listen very closely becasue I am only going to make this point one more time; they didn't have a claim on benefits becasue they didn't have a service related injury, get it?

Aren;t you one of those guys screaming to cut the defense budget. Here ya go.

indeed, along with every other program and agency in government.
Unlike you i dont have a sacred cow. You can cut defense by stopping new programs, Removing us from bases abroad, and not even having to touch VA funding period.

uh oh i just made you look like an ignorant fuckwad again.

No, you made yourself look like a raging hypocrite ignoramus. Again.

Democrats are the neighbor that reports you to the HOA for your lawn while he's selling crack out his own backdoor.

Libs have found out it is easy to dupe dumbfucks with left-wing websites spreading lies, if it's on the internet...well then it's true.

The crazy thing is sometimes they believe their own shit and Democrats go on TV and report it like facts.

Yada yada yada George Soros propaganda again. You could find a post that claims republicans want to kill seniors or poison the envirement without looking too hard. Never forget that democrats tried to undermine the Military in Iraq. It was democrat congressman Murtha who called Marines "murderers" and it was democrat senator Kerry who called Soldiers "terrorists". Democrats purchased a full page ad in the NY Times calling the commander of US Troops "betray-us" and the democrat senate majority leader tried to undermine the morale of the Troops by saying "the war in Iraq is lost" just as the troop surge was working. What happened to Cindy Sheehan's bunch of anti-war activists? They only work during republican administrations? What are left wing radicals so afraid of? You would think that republicans control the entire government if you listen to their whining. Don't believe the Soros generated crap you are going to hear for the next year and a half. Look at what is happening to America under Obaminism.

The people "standing up" for vets now (on the left), last I remember they were spitting on vets returning home from war, protesting "illegal" wars, calling us babykillers, telling us and dogs to keep off the grass, etc.

Now they love/care for our well being based on this stupid OP?

What happened?

It's convenience for them, when they feel they can win some votes...they jump on a cause.

Libs will wave a US flag on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day and the 4th of July in between cutting the DoD budget to fund their left-wing pet projects like studying shrimp running on a treadmill.

Reid and Obama said from the Senata floor we lost in Iraq, but then Gibbs a year ago tried to claim Iraq was Obama's best achievement to date.

Kerry said we were terrorizing women and children in Iraq when going house to house looking for terrorist actually killing those women and children in market attacks.

Murtha trashed Marines over lies by some Iraqi making up stuff.

The DoD budget is going to be cut to pieces by Obama and his yes-man SecDef so we can make up for losing trillions from the Porkulus failure.

It goes on and on and on how they are anti-military but try to fool us a few times a year.

The people "standing up" for vets now (on the left), last I remember they were spitting on vets returning home from war, protesting "illegal" wars, calling us babykillers, telling us and dogs to keep off the grass, etc.

What happened?

Remember Michele Bachmanns’s attempted $4 billion cut from disabled veterans compensation? Well, “they’re ba-ack…” Except this time they are looking to cut away at our VA healthcare.
Republican Paul Ryan and the House of Representatives are looking to end VA healthcare for over 1.3 million veterans who are Priority 7 & 8.

As far as spending cuts go, these are pretty benign. Better this than something else.

I've got a brilliant idea..... How about we put all that money back in the VA budget by taking it out of places it REALLY shouldn't be.....

HUD, Education, Welfare, Social Security, Foreign Aid, Domestic Disaster Aid, etc....

Yea, get rid of education. That's a really good idea. Very Republican.

I've got a brilliant idea..... How about we put all that money back in the VA budget by taking it out of places it REALLY shouldn't be.....

HUD, Education, Welfare, Social Security, Foreign Aid, Domestic Disaster Aid, etc....

Better yet, how about we just cut oil subsidies. That should just about do it eh?

How about cutting the contractors? The GI's do it for less.

What happened?
They don't care about veterans. They're just using us as a weapon to score political points.

Better yet, how about we just cut oil subsidies. That should just about do it eh?

My friend - works for DOJ - just came back from A-Stan. There are indeed, many contractors over there.

But then we'd have to increase the number of GIs, and the left would bitch about that.

baghdadbobliberalscopycs6.jpg

What happened?
They don't care about veterans. They're just using us as a weapon to score political points.

The first thing Democrats do - historically - is cut Dept. of Defense.

It's a fact that can't be disputed.

See Carter, Clinton for starters.

Forum List

Back