Republicans - Rich vs. Rubes

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
The thing I've noticed in my 12 step recovery from being a Republican is that the GOP, since 1980 at least, has divided itself into Rich Issues vs. Rube Issues.

And it's really easy to tell them apart.

A Rich Issue is one where only the 1% really benefits, the rest of us are left holding the bag, but the GOP will act on these things like they are top priorities and their mouthpieces on Hate Radio and Faux News will spend a lot of time convincing you that you have a stake at the table.

Examples- Tax Cuts for Rich People. Free Trade. Right to Work. At Will Employment.

A Rube issue is one that people get emotionally invested in, but the GOP isn't really the least bit interested in changing things on them. Instead, these are issues that are meant to keep you truly upset about something and voting against your own economic issues, and they are never mentioned again until the next election-

Examples - Abortion. Gay Marriage. Creationism. Prayer in Schools. The needle hasn't moved one inch on most of these issues, or if it has moved (as in the case of gay marriage) its been in the opposite of the desired direction.

There are some cavaets, of course. Guns might seem on the surface to be a "Rube" issue, but it's really a "rich" issue. It's about the gun companies being able to sell to someone like Nancy Lanza, and screw the consequences. There wouldn't be as big a market for the rich to make money off the guns if the rubes weren't kept really scared all the time, so you have to make it easy for crooks to get guns.

Immigration is another one. ON the surface, you keep the rubes angry about "those people" wanting to take their jobs, but the Rich are the ones offering the jobs to "those people". Not just the 20 or so illegals who are already here, but the 1.25 million "legal" immigrants who get entry visas from employers because they claim up and down they can't find a qualified American. No, really.

When I stopped being a Republican is when I realized I had nothing in common with the "rich" and refused to be a "Rube".

Hint: you're a rube if you think the "welfare state" can survive. Obamacare is a "train wreck". When interest rates start to go up, and they will the Budget will become unmanageable. Its a simply matter of time.
As for your rube issues:
abortion: kill all the little dems you want
gay marriage: call it civil unions, whats in a name?
creationism: no worse than the leftist indoctrination bullshit in all school levels
prayer in schools: not an issue as much as the state violating religious rights

you forgot these:
gun control: get the crazies and violent video games off the streets first
immigration: stop importing terrorists
save SS & Medicare: these will be bankrupt if not managed properly
sequester: start cutting the Budget or we are in deep trouble

The thing I've noticed in my 12 step recovery from being a Republican is that the GOP, since 1980 at least, has divided itself into Rich Issues vs. Rube Issues.

A Rich Issue is one where only the 1% really benefits, the rest of us are left holding the bag, but the GOP will act on these things like they are top priorities and their mouthpieces on Hate Radio and Faux News will spend a lot of time convincing you that you have a stake at the table.

Examples- Tax Cuts for Rich People. Free Trade. Right to Work. At Will Employment.

A Rube issue is one that people get emotionally invested in, but the GOP isn't really the least bit interested in changing things on them. Instead, these are issues that are meant to keep you truly upset about something and voting against your own economic issues, and they are never mentioned again until the next election-

Examples - Abortion. Gay Marriage. Creationism. Prayer in Schools. The needle hasn't moved one inch on most of these issues, or if it has moved (as in the case of gay marriage) its been in the opposite of the desired direction.

There are some cavaets, of course. Guns might seem on the surface to be a "Rube" issue, but it's really a "rich" issue. It's about the gun companies being able to sell to someone like Nancy Lanza, and screw the consequences. There wouldn't be as big a market for the rich to make money off the guns if the rubes weren't kept really scared all the time, so you have to make it easy for crooks to get guns.

Immigration is another one. ON the surface, you keep the rubes angry about "those people" wanting to take their jobs, but the Rich are the ones offering the jobs to "those people". Not just the 20 or so illegals who are already here, but the 1.25 million "legal" immigrants who get entry visas from employers because they claim up and down they can't find a qualified American. No, really.

When I stopped being a Republican is when I realized I had nothing in common with the "rich" and refused to be a "Rube".

The GOP base is now the yahoo hayseeds, bible thumpers backward southern slow witted slackjawed uneducated yokels who support and defend the few rich at the top who are pulling their strings:eusa_whistle:

the republican party cant even cheat enough to win elections anymore with this rube base taking over the thinking processes of the party.

The stupid party has stupified itself

th

the fact that the republican party has been cheating to win elections is a fact.

I know you hate facties and they twist your knickers

Ironically that same sentiment is what caused me to abandon the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, mate.

the fact that the republican party has been cheating to win elections is a fact.

th

I placed Truthmatters on "IGNORE", but I still had to suffer his idiotic nonsense when people were foolish enough to respond to and quote him.

So, I decided to remove him from "IGNORE" in order to learn proper English, grammar and punctuation from him. And as bonus, a few chuckles.

Or her? Or IT?

th

I placed Truthmatters on "IGNORE", but I still had to suffer his idiotic nonsense when people were foolish enough to respond to and quote him.

So, I decided to remove him from "IGNORE" in order to learn proper English, grammar and punctuation from him. And as bonus, a few chuckles.

Or her? Or IT?

It's a her. And she's been a her for many many years.

Or her? Or IT?

It's a her. And she's been a her for many many years.

Obviously she never had a visit from Dorothy, with a bucket of water.

The GOP base is now the yahoo hayseeds, bible thumpers backward southern slow witted slackjawed uneducated yokels who support and defend the few rich at the top who are pulling their strings:eusa_whistle:

I have not yet learned how to articulate the anti-American Democrats yet, but your definition of the GOP base is the best goddamned definition I've read in a long time. It is amazing how some people vote for and endorse the very people who fuck them sideways from now until Rapture.

I have not yet learned how to articulate the anti-American Democrats yet, but your definition of the GOP base is the best goddamned definition I've read in a long time. It is amazing how some people vote for and endorse the very people who fuck them sideways from now until Rapture.
You mean the same way the Democrats do with those who do that to them? Obama was elected in 2008 in no small part by how put off people were with Bush and his policies especially his spending yet during his first term Obama and the Democrats not only continue the Bush spending ways but expand them what happens in 2012 the Democratic base rally's behind endorse's and reelects the very people who continued the polices they were so opposed to in 2008 seems rather telling about the Democrat base.

It wasnt the Bush spending they hated as much as wht he spent on.

Wars entered into by lying to the American people.

Then he crashed the world economy with his fiscal policy.

how do you fix any of it without spending?

It wasnt the Bush spending they hated as much as wht he spent on.

Wars entered into by lying to the American people.

Then he crashed the world economy with his fiscal policy.

how do you fix any of it without spending?

I love how liberals think spending=gauranteed success

you can fix it with good law and let the economy do its thing....we dont need bullshit like Obamacare

Hey I got an idea, how about we make tuition and books affordable for college studends to they dont need thousands of dollars of debt to graduate???? Funny how the left never takes on big education????

Your comments indicate that you are not only a rube, but you are a super rube, a dupe. You have not just bought the big lie, you have bought into the bad logic behind the big lie. Your argument is vague generalities, based on vague terms that are necessarily redefined to fit your claims.

Who are the rich? What is the dollar amount, in either income or wealth, that makes one a defined member of that evil cabol? Are Obama and Soros part of that evil 1%, or are they exceptions to it.

The Democrat party leadership seems to think that anyone who makes over $250,000 are rich. A large percentage of the Democrat party faithful seem to think that anyone who makes a decent living, or owns a business is rich. The term "rich" seems to change to fit whatever segment of society that your politicians are after at the moment.

You claim that the Republican party uses wedge issues such as abortion, gay marriage, gun control, etc., to keep the Republican masses preoccupied while they rip them off. However, it has probably never dawned on you that wedge issues necessarily require two sides to even be an issue. Consequently, there must be rubes on the Democrat side to keep those issues alive. Either that or you are just a misinformed stooge or a useful idiot.

It is obvious that you have little in common with the rich, and your lack of common sense is a chief difference.

Your comments indicate that you are not only a rube, but you are a super rube, a dupe. You have not just bought the big lie, you have bought into the bad logic behind the big lie. Your argument is vague generalities, based on vague terms that are necessarily redefined to fit your claims.

Who are the rich? What is the dollar amount, in either income or wealth, that makes one a defined member of that evil cabol? Are Obama and Soros part of that evil 1%, or are they exceptions to it.

The Democrat party leadership seems to think that anyone who makes over $250,000 are rich. A large percentage of the Democrat party faithful seem to think that anyone who makes a decent living, or owns a business is rich. The term "rich" seems to change to fit whatever segment of society that your politicians are after at the moment.

You claim that the Republican party uses wedge issues such as abortion, gay marriage, gun control, etc., to keep the Republican masses preoccupied while they rip them off. However, it has probably never dawned on you that wedge issues necessarily require two sides to even be an issue. Consequently, there must be rubes on the Democrat side to keep those issues alive. Either that or you are just a misinformed stooge or a useful idiot.

It is obvious that you have little in common with the rich, and your lack of common sense is a chief difference.

anyone who makes 250,000 dollars a year is wealthy.

anyone who doesnt think they are is a fucking idiot

Forum List

Back