Republicans’ narrative about Covid was always flawed

The stupid moron you voted for said the virus would disappear on its own so you’re a fucking moron as well.
Trump didn't want people to panic. He knew if he talked too much about Covid it would cause investors to panic and then the market would crash.

Well.....there's also all of the virus that's all over your hair, skin, and clothes.....you basically have to dump your clothes in Clorox or burn them to get rid of it.

Didn't they get away from COVID being surface transmissable?

Answer me this question directly: would it have been better if scientists did not try to study and make predictions about this brand new virus that we knew nothing about? Should we have been defeatist pussies and just let this virus reek havoc?
I would have bettter if Fauxi came clean and admitted averything he knows, and saved thousands of lives.

Didn't they get away from COVID being surface transmissable?
I don't think they wanted to tell us how it was being transmitted.
But if you're in the room with someone you can get it.
If you touch a keyboard somebody who is infected used...you can get it.
If you use a public restroom you can get it.
If you touch a doorknob you can get it.
That's how the flu spreads.

You can't catch it if you're by yourself in your car or out on the beach.

I don't think they wanted to tell us how it was being transmitted.
But if you're in the room with someone you can get it.
If you touch a keyboard somebody who is infected used...you can get it.
If you use a public restroom you can get it.
If you touch a doorknob you can get it.
That's how the flu spreads.

You can't catch it if you're by yourself in your car or out on the beach.

That depends on its longevity out of the human system. For surface transmission it has to get on the surface, stay on the surface, transfer to you, and then you have to transfer it to one of your mucous membranes before the virus particles become non-viable, AND you have to get enough of the buggers to overwhelm your immune system first. No disease is virulent enough that 1 particle gets you sick, even a novel virus (well at least the first few versions) like COVID. This isn't Solanum from World War Z.

Aerosol transmission is shorter in duration, AND the virus stays in a nice wet environment in the booger droplets (scientific, I know).

That depends on its longevity out of the human system. For surface transmission it has to get on the surface, stay on the surface, transfer to you, and then you have to transfer it to one of your mucous membranes before the virus particles become non-viable, AND you have to get enough of the buggers to overwhelm your immune system first. No disease is virulent enough that 1 particle gets you sick, even a novel virus (well at least the first few versions) like COVID. This isn't Solanum from World War Z.

Aerosol transmission is shorter in duration, AND the virus stays in a nice wet environment in the booger droplets (scientific, I know).
You're not telling me anything I don't already know.

The last couple of years I was working for the government we weren't allowed to have more than a set number of people in the room...and every day we had to wipe the keyboards and all tables and door handle surfaces with cleanser.

What it did was keep me from catching a flu or cold that seemed to be pretty common every Winter.
Up till 2020 I was always catching something.
Usually when I went overseas I would catch something.
Last time I went to Florida I caught a virus.
I took my wife to my old stomping grounds in Hawaii a few years back and she caught a flu bug.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know.

The last couple of years I was working for the government we weren't allowed to have more than a set number of people in the room...and every day we had to wipe the keyboards and all tables and door handle surfaces with cleanser.

What it did was keep me from catching a flu or cold that seemed to be pretty common every Winter.
Up till 2020 I was always catching something.
Usually when I went overseas I would catch something.
Last time I went to Florida I caught a virus.
I took my wife to my old stomping grounds in Hawaii a few years back and she caught a flu bug.

The thing is I got a cold last week and it was worse than any cold I've gotten in the past 5 years.

Maybe we were meant to get colds, and get the flu (if immunized).

Your immune system is a stimulus response system, when I worked directly with Wastewater I was sick the first 2-3 months then I didn't get sick at all. I lost that level of immune response over time as I worked more and more away from the poop, but the same principle applies.

The thing is I got a cold last week and it was worse than any cold I've gotten in the past 5 years.

Maybe we were meant to get colds, and get the flu (if immunized).

Your immune system is a stimulus response system, when I worked directly with Wastewater I was sick the first 2-3 months then I didn't get sick at all. I lost that level of immune response over time as I worked more and more away from the poop, but the same principle applies.
I used to work on air-handlers...and came down with colds a bit too often.
So I switched back to what I did in the Navy....structural steel and sheet metal...damage control.
I stopped getting sick.

They were right, what, 10% of the time?
They were wrong about masks. They were wrong about the jab. They politicized other remedies to combat the virus.
It was a load of bullshit.
Fauci had emails leaked showing he was a LIAR, not just wrong. How he ignored other peoples theories etc
Fauci should be hung in the middle of DC.
They were RIGHT about masks, and retards like you refused to wear them because Trump told you they didn't work based on nothing but BS.

The vaccine WOULD have worked if enough people had gotten it, but again, retards like you refused because you believed Trump's BS.

There were no other remedies to the virus. There were a couple drugs that scientists though had some potential but not that were effective enough overall to do much good. The only other "remedies" were the BS that Trump spouted like drinking bleach. It won't stop the virus, but if you wanna go drink some bleach no one is gonna stop you.

They were RIGHT about masks, and retards like you refused to wear them because Trump told you they didn't work based on nothing but BS.

The vaccine WOULD have worked if enough people had gotten it, but again, retards like you refused because you believed Trump's BS.

There were no other remedies to the virus. There were a couple drugs that scientists though had some potential but not that were effective enough overall to do much good. The only other "remedies" were the BS that Trump spouted like drinking bleach. It won't stop the virus, but if you wanna go drink some bleach no one is gonna stop you.
FV0v0usXsAEJop2.jpg

I used to work on air-handlers...and came down with colds a bit too often.
So I switched back to what I did in the Navy....structural steel and sheet metal...damage control.
I stopped getting sick.

Luck you just got colds. Air handlers and HVAC are the main sources of Legionnaire's Disease.

Good lord. There are so many mistakes in that post, it should be moved to the rubber room!

This BRAND NEW virus pops up in late 2019. Scientists know nothing about it and of course research on it is brand new. Scientists trying to help the public try to make sense of it and come up with theories and predictions.

Whenever any of those theories turned out to be wrong, republicans jumped all over it in typical armchair critic fashion calling such officials hacks and calling their expertise useless. This of course ignores the many things these scientists were correct about. Republicans of course only want to cherry pick what they were wrong about and decide they don’t want to listen to the experts over, again, a BRAND NEW virus.

Because of that, the virus was made political. Republicans like to tout the low death rate and compare it to the flu. The problem with this, of course, is that if a virus is contagious enough, the low death rate becomes significant. It’s not like the normal flu kills 1 million people in the course of two years every two years. Good luck explaining that logic.
Ummmmmmmmmmm, Democrats made the virus political to beat Trump. Did you forget that already?

Forum List

Back