Republicans Incentivized Shipping Jobs And Profits Overseas. Democrats Aim To Undo The Damage

Yeah, that fucking republican Bill Clinton signing off on China's most favored nation status has been a total dumpster fire!

Fucking liberoidal dopes.

In the 1990s, continued "most favored nation" status for the People's Republic of China by the United States created controversy in the USA because of its sales of sensitive military technology and China's serious and continuous persecution of human rights.
China's MFN status was made permanent on December 27, 2001.

THAT was BUSH.
Then who was it that signed a trade agreement with China INCREASING trade with the US by $2 billion?

Fucking moron, teabaggers.

In the 1990s, continued "most favored nation" status for the People's Republic of China by the United States created controversy in the USA because of its sales of sensitive military technology and China's serious and continuous persecution of human rights.

THAT was BUSH.
Then who was it that signed a trade agreement with China INCREASING trade with the US by $2 billion?

Progs are for that, and many Republicans are involved also. Republican elites and politicians insult their own voters. That is how many are traitors or owe some allegiance to others.

If Democrats were serious, they would have pushed for this the last two years. I take nothing like this seriously out of either party after having majorities and losing them.

Pushing eighty, I've noticed the economy better under Democrat rule. What's more is that Democrats have programs to help the poor and working class. Republicans work strictly for the very wealthy and corporations. I never hear about a republican pushing bills to help the workers and those in need. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
Democrats have been in control for more than two years. I look at our inflation, job layoffs, and energy prices and compare them to four years ago and it was much better under Republicans. You are pushing eighty as is my father. As a small business owner, he will tell you that Democrats over the last 50 years don’t care about small businesses choosing to treat small business like a large corporation with high taxes and egregious regulations. Democrats also know they can depend on large corporations themselves to be corporate cronies and get exemptions from the taxes and regulations that Democrats push whereas small businesses cannot.

Ok....
Taxes outside the US are lower....so is labor.
BUT

Graft is higher. And when products are made outside the US products need shipping. All those local police forces and shipping officials want to get paid. So they create fines for any number of imaginary things....then when the products hit the border they are taxed again. That is if they get to the border....because often you have pirates come along and steal 10-20% of your finished goods.

And depending upon the products....the costs equal out or may be higher.

And it's a fine line that the gubbermint plays to keep jobs in the US with tax rates.

Labor costs are slightly higher but are easily offset because american workers are unrivaled in productivity in work ethic. Companies actually come out far ahead labor wise.

THAT was BUSH.

Clinton signed off on it, and that is a fact, moonbat fuckchop.

Harley-Davidson shut down a Missouri plant, leaving 800 employees out of work, and an Oklahoma energy company laid off 400 employees due to tax law changes.
What nonsense

We are being asked to believe that Harley and other companies shut down production BECAUSE THEY WERE PAYING LESS TAXES?

Where do libs dream up such nonsense?

"Involved"?
You don't say?
It's THEIR signature, on the fucking documents.
Politicians lie to us. Convince us of good things. Things may start good many times. Decades later, not so good. However, many politicians are gone. We can however execute those who are still around like Joe and others. We won't.

What nonsense

We are being asked to believe that Harley and other companies shut down production BECAUSE THEY WERE PAYING LESS TAXES?

Where do libs dream up such nonsense?
I posted the reason…
When Harley-Davidson first made the announcement, they blamed the need to close the plant on President Trump’s trade policies and soft sales. A tariff increase on motorcycles that Harley-Davidson sold in the European Union meant that Harley’s motorcycles would cost over $2,000 more per motorcycle in Europe, on every motorcycle made in America and sold in the Europe. This created a need to move production overseas

Democrats have been in control for more than two years. I look at our inflation, job layoffs, and energy prices and compare them to four years ago and it was much better under Republicans. You are pushing eighty as is my father. As a small business owner, he will tell you that Democrats over the last 50 years don’t care about small businesses choosing to treat small business like a large corporation with high taxes and egregious regulations. Democrats also know they can depend on large corporations themselves to be corporate cronies and get exemptions from the taxes and regulations that Democrats push whereas small businesses cannot.
I see the economy doing much better under Biden. I look for valid links also. Where's yours?

It's been a few years and we've been through one crisis after another, so I wouldn't be surprised if many folks—not Daily Kos readers of course, I mean other folks—have long forgotten the nonsense that was the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, colloquially referred to as the 2017 GOP (or Trump) tax scam.

The process of writing and passing that bill was a disaster from beginning to end because Republicans are bad at governing, even when they have all the power. People who actually care about this country were able to stall it for months—an incredible achievement considering we were living in a Republican hellscape at the time—but then, after adding some handwritten notes in the margin of a bill most of Congress hadn't even read, it was hastily passed in December 2017. And boy, have we been paying for it ever since.

Rather than jolting the economy as former House Speaker Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell/the Trump administration promised, the tax scam hurt American jobs. Harley-Davidson shut down a Missouri plant, leaving 800 employees out of work, and an Oklahoma energy company laid off 400 employees due to tax law changes. Declining tax revenues from the legislation precipitated a brutal 35-day government shutdown as Democrats attempted to negotiate with Republicans. From conception to implementation, the GOP tax scam was an absolute disaster for the United States.

Paul Ryan promised a tax cut for everybody, at all income levels, while also paying down the debt. I'm no economist, but I did survive Reaganomics (so far, anyway) and the math wasn't mathing. Don't take my very astute analysis for it: The Washington Post wrote the claim was "worthy of Four Pinocchios." And the Congressional Budget Office, the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Tax Policy Center, and many other actual economists agreed.

The 2017 GOP tax scam was a 10-year, $1.5 trillion windfall for the wealthy that, among other things, created huge incentives for corporations to export jobs and profits overseas. That’s a problem that Democrats now aim to fix with the No Tax Breaks for Outsourcing Act.

The American people want their jobs, and their money back. And we're going to take it back.

If you had any other idea than tax tax tax tax tax tax tax, someone may listen to you for 30 seconds. Otherwise, you're just liberal hacking away. Dems solution to everything is to raise taxes. Period. They have no logical thought whatsoever.

I posted the reason…
Trump approached the trade issue with a shotgun that treated trade with our friends such as the Euro’s the same as our enemy china

But thats no longer the case that was trade not taxes

It's been a few years and we've been through one crisis after another, so I wouldn't be surprised if many folks—not Daily Kos readers of course, I mean other folks—have long forgotten the nonsense that was the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, colloquially referred to as the 2017 GOP (or Trump) tax scam.

The process of writing and passing that bill was a disaster from beginning to end because Republicans are bad at governing, even when they have all the power. People who actually care about this country were able to stall it for months—an incredible achievement considering we were living in a Republican hellscape at the time—but then, after adding some handwritten notes in the margin of a bill most of Congress hadn't even read, it was hastily passed in December 2017. And boy, have we been paying for it ever since.

Rather than jolting the economy as former House Speaker Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell/the Trump administration promised, the tax scam hurt American jobs. Harley-Davidson shut down a Missouri plant, leaving 800 employees out of work, and an Oklahoma energy company laid off 400 employees due to tax law changes. Declining tax revenues from the legislation precipitated a brutal 35-day government shutdown as Democrats attempted to negotiate with Republicans. From conception to implementation, the GOP tax scam was an absolute disaster for the United States.

Paul Ryan promised a tax cut for everybody, at all income levels, while also paying down the debt. I'm no economist, but I did survive Reaganomics (so far, anyway) and the math wasn't mathing. Don't take my very astute analysis for it: The Washington Post wrote the claim was "worthy of Four Pinocchios." And the Congressional Budget Office, the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Tax Policy Center, and many other actual economists agreed.

The 2017 GOP tax scam was a 10-year, $1.5 trillion windfall for the wealthy that, among other things, created huge incentives for corporations to export jobs and profits overseas. That’s a problem that Democrats now aim to fix with the No Tax Breaks for Outsourcing Act.

The American people want their jobs, and their money back. And we're going to take it back.
This is all propaganda, all spin and all nonsense, the artica
is so superficial that if you did any looking into the article you would can see the tripe being floated as fact. Dangerous to let people read such utter BS.

Forum List

Back