Republicans in full retreat on immigration, iran, obamacare

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
They have already rolled over on executive amnesty. I knew when Corker was in charge of the Iran bill it would be a meaningless show vote, and sure enough corkie created a bill that allows the iran deal to be passed with 34 votes, and now we hear that reps are already going to fix the subsidies for obamacare if the court strikes them down.

gutless pieces of crap? you decide.

They have already rolled over on executive amnesty. I knew when Corker was in charge of the Iran bill it would be a meaningless show vote, and sure enough corkie created a bill that allows the iran deal to be passed with 34 votes, and now we hear that reps are already going to fix the subsidies for obamacare if the court strikes them down.

In their defense, it's hard to do their job in an intelligent manner and still keep their base happy.

Politics as usual, nothing more. This has been the routine for many decades now, nothing new.

how so? dems seem to keep their base happy

The dems didn't bow down to the extreme left. Their base is more centrist.

who is a centrist in the dem party?

That question really shows how far the party has gone to appease the far right. Anything in the center is seen as far left. I'm not expecting you to agree but Reid, Pelosi and Obama are all centrists. Most of the democrats are. In truth, most of the republicans are as well, they just have to pretend they aren't. Which is why they will continuously vote for anti-ACA bills they know won't succeed, make noises about Iran but not do anything effective, and all of the other antics needed to maintain a balancing act between doing their job and keeping their job.

Goldwater told us what would happen if we started courting the far right, and he was correct.

oddly, even though reps won a great victory, they are still in full retreat.
Of course. They're the party of no. The do nothing party. The full retreat party. The party in chaos. The party divided. The party driving us over the cliff.

yawn.
reps know only one direction to drive in, backwards
That's so they can see the dims playing in the driveway when they need to go do something.

Barry Hussein authorized a U.S. warship to possibly destroy Iran ships that are allegedly transporting illegal weapons to Yemen and at the same time he is back at the table trying to make a deal about nuclear weapons. It's insanity times ten. Thank God the Administration doesn't have Crazy Harry and idiot Nancy in the majority anymore.

Forum List

Back