Republicans don't want to stop election interference from foreign countries.

Democrats in the Senate offered a bill that would require political campaigns to report to the FBI if a foreign country offered to help them in their elections. Republicans claim they want free fair elections, but they blocked that bill. Sounds like they aren't that interested in protecting the integrity of our elections after all.
Republicans block Democrats’ election security legislation
Republicans are more concerned with blocking poor people from voting in elections

Actually Bully I agree all foriegn interference should be eliminated when it come to our Elections, so when will we tell Israel and Mexico to go to hell?

I got some free time in the morning.

Well you do know they influence our Elections and have been for decades just like Canada, France and England have in the past and all of a sudden Russia is something new to you...

Also let remember the former Soviet Union was busted in it day for trying to influence our elections but all of sudden Democrats care because it is not the type of influence they benefit from!

Russian interference has been shown to be much more effective, and at a much higher level than we have experienced before. If water is coming into your boat, you patch the biggest leaks first.
imageedit_2945_6952144805.jpg

Democrats in the Senate offered a bill that would require political campaigns to report to the FBI if a foreign country offered to help them in their elections. Republicans claim they want free fair elections, but they blocked that bill. Sounds like they aren't that interested in protecting the integrity of our elections after all.
Republicans are more concerned with blocking poor people from voting in elections

And how exactly do you stop a poor person from voting if they want to?

I am dirt poor, sub poverty. But if I want to vote, I am registered, I know where my polling place is, and I can vote. I don't really know how a person of either party could stop me.

Tell me how they would do that.

That was a really dumb ass comment.

Actually Bully I agree all foriegn interference should be eliminated when it come to our Elections, so when will we tell Israel and Mexico to go to hell?
Just as soon as we dissolve the Council on Foreign Relations and place sanctions on Great Britain for all their meddling. . . :71:

Hey, this is serious stuff so take this seriously or else, well you think of something for else because ya know me I truly do not care...
It's like. . if they passed this law. . .

It is just. . . for show anyway.

There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm, or be sure that oligarchs from other nations are not funneling money through non-profits via dark money organizations. The Clinton foundation was a sneaky way to do that. Foreigners would donate cash to do good works through out the planet, while oligarchs in this nation, who would otherwise donate to charity, would have their cash go to her campaign. All cash is fungible. Of course a note would be made as to who, in the end, donated to the cause. And everyone would either get access or a tax-break. . . . assuming of course, they won. :71: Sure would be A LOT of pissed off people if they didn't? Maybe they would want someone to pay? Perhaps some folks in prison or impeached? Perhaps some laws passed? :dunno:

:badgrin:

Ever since the Citizen's United decision? Nothing short of a Constitutional Amendment will keep the cash of international oligarchs from influencing our elections, so it is just a political exercise to keep folks that don't really understand how the system works, like Bulldog, fuming and hating partisans, while the global political oligarchs use it to score cheap points. . . when it never would have achieved shit to begin with.

. . . and it matters not which party you are from, they are all the same. No simple law will stop it either.

This was just a cheap photo op.

I'm not sure why that should prevent the requirement for campaigns to report offers of help from foreign countries. To stop all the things you mention would require a much more complex bill, even if it could be done. I'm not opposed to working on something like that, but this just isn't the same thing.

Just as soon as we dissolve the Council on Foreign Relations and place sanctions on Great Britain for all their meddling. . . :71:

Hey, this is serious stuff so take this seriously or else, well you think of something for else because ya know me I truly do not care...

There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm, or be sure that oligarchs from other nations are not funneling money through non-profits via dark money organizations. The Clinton foundation was a sneaky way to do that. Foreigners would donate cash to do good works through out the planet, while oligarchs in this nation, who would otherwise donate to charity, would have their cash go to her campaign. All cash is fungible. Of course a note would be made as to who, in the end, donated to the cause. And everyone would either get access or a tax-break. . . . assuming of course, they won. :71: Sure would be A LOT of pissed off people if they didn't? Maybe they would want someone to pay? Perhaps some folks in prison or impeached? Perhaps some laws passed? :dunno:

Ever since the Citizen's United decision? Nothing short of a Constitutional Amendment will keep the cash of international oligarchs from influencing our elections, so it is just a political exercise to keep folks that don't really understand how the system works, like Bulldog, fuming and hating partisans, while the global political oligarchs use it to score cheap points. . . when it never would have achieved shit to begin with.

. . . and it matters not which party you are from, they are all the same. No simple law will stop it either.

I'm not sure why that should prevent the requirement for campaigns to report offers of help from foreign countries. To stop all the things you mention would require a much more complex bill, even if it could be done. I'm not opposed to working on something like that, but this just isn't the same thing.

Why?

Why would a campaign report that they are being helped by foreigners?

. . .and at what point do you decline the help of a foreigner?

Hell, it is practically the platform of the DNC to welcome into the nation the foreigner, so how can you expect the GOP to take you seriously? I would bet half the DNC Senators have Sanctuary cities in their districts, and you want the GOP to consider a Bill that makes getting help from foreigners against the law?!?

Why would they trust them? :dunno:

Does this mean we could add a provision that any representative or Senator found to have hired or an intern that is an illegal alien can be impeached? As they are under the influence of a foreign nation? :dunno:

FYI
the GOP gets a lot of help from illegal foreign money, that's what Parnas and Fruman have been charged with, illegal campaign funds, money laundered through them, to the President's PACS and other Republicans, from Russian Ukrainians.

Maybe they don't want more laws against it, because they rely on it?

FYI
the GOP gets a lot of help from illegal foreign money, that's what Parnas and Fruman have been charged with, illegal campaign funds, money laundered through them, to the President's PACS and other Republicans, from Russian Ukrainians.

Maybe they don't want more laws against it, because they rely on it?
Politicians on both sides rely on it, and none of them would be voluntarily reporting it.

Even if someone caught wind of it, PROVING IT, with the arcane laws of campaign fiance? That would be difficult with out an admission from the primary persons involved.

Wow!
Another Thread Demonstrating BULLSHIT’s mental illness.

Wow!

Which part of the OP or the link do you question?

How Secret Foreign Money Could Infiltrate US Elections

https://prwatch.org/files/Elections_Confidential.pdf

Foreign Dark Money Is Threatening American Democracy

The Latest Bombshell: How Dark Money From Hostile States Has Entered Our Elections

Following Citizens United, foreign-owned corporations funnel millions into US elections

Three Paths Citizens United Created for Foreign Money to Pour Into U.S. Elections

So its a problem now but wasn't before ?
Obama Campaign Rakes In Millions In Illegal Foreign Cash | Investor's Business Daily

Obama Campaign Rakes In Millions In Illegal Foreign Cash | Investor's Business Daily

It's a problem, but according to your link, it's not the same problem you imply. They don't have to disclose the source of donations of less than $200 or even record less than $50. No reason to believe Obama was more likely to use that to hide illegal contributions than anyone else. I'm all for closing that loophole, but as long as it's legal, they will all use it. Can you name times when Democrats voted to prevent safeguarding campaign finance laws?

It's a problem, but according to your link, it's not the same problem you imply. They don't have to disclose the source of donations of less than $200 or even record less than $50. No reason to believe Obama was more likely to use that to hide illegal contributions than anyone else. I'm all for closing that loophole, but as long as it's legal, they will all use it. Can you name times when Democrats voted to prevent safeguarding campaign finance laws?
Peter Schweitzer wrote the editorial.... Bannon admitted he uses Schweitzer to spread made up bull crap..they are a team, With Briebart to spread bullcrud, then Schweitzer writes a book, they get the NY Times to do an article on Schweiters book, then run around and use the NYTimes as a source on boards like this to claim it's true to us liberals to spread their propaganda...... saw an interview with Bannon, explaining what he does. Schweitzer wrote Clinton Cash, created the Uranium One scandal etc etc. So ya gotta be careful and aware of him, use a second or third source not related to the right wing media....

This legislation should have passed unanimously and with bipartisan support. It just shows how fucked up the Republican or rather the Trumplican Party is. Power before patriotism; Party before country.

It is the most disgraceful action by the Senate which has violated its Constitutional role over and over again. The Senate is nothing more than a Russian style Duma that rubber stamps whatever the fraud in chief wants.

Last edited:
Wow!

As an analyst who deals with databases and transactions, I’d like to know how to enforce this moronic notion.
You are talking about controlling financial transactions at the moment but weren’t concerned when Obama was bribing Israel not to re-elect Netanyahu.

And how exactly do you stop a poor person from voting if they want to?

I am dirt poor, sub poverty. But if I want to vote, I am registered, I know where my polling place is, and I can vote. I don't really know how a person of either party could stop me.

Tell me how they would do that.

That was a really dumb ass comment.
Let’s see, how do Republicans block the poor from voting?

Institute voter ID which some poor people do not have
Close polling places in poor districts
Reduce polling hours and days
Reduce the number of polling booths

Doesn’t stop all poor people from voting, but it stops enough

Wow!

As an analyst who deals with databases and transactions, I’d like to know how to enforce this moronic notion.
You are talking about controlling financial transactions at the moment but weren’t concerned when Obama was bribing Israel not to re-elect Netanyahu.

I don't remember any concern from you when congress invited Netanyahu to appear in their chambers to oppose support for Obama either.

I agree.

We need photo ID, a vetted Federal voter database crosschecked against citizenship and death certificate, secure Blockchain voting.

No more Putin hacking our democracy

Forum List

Back