Republicans don't want to stop election interference from foreign countries.

You mean like paying millions for a RUSSIAN dossier against your political opponent?
We can argue about who did what, and what might have happened, but the bill was to prevent it from happening in the future. Why wouldn't you want to prevent anything like that happening in the future?

Democrats in the Senate offered a bill that would require political campaigns to report to the FBI if a foreign country offered to help them in their elections. Republicans claim they want free fair elections, but they blocked that bill. Sounds like they aren't that interested in protecting the integrity of our elections after all.
Republicans block Democrats’ election security legislation

I am so happy that you agree that a foreign citizen should not vote in US Elections. Agreed?

Actually Bully I agree all foriegn interference should be eliminated when it come to our Elections, so when will we tell Israel and Mexico to go to hell?

Democrats in the Senate offered a bill that would require political campaigns to report to the FBI if a foreign country offered to help them in their elections. Republicans claim they want free fair elections, but they blocked that bill. Sounds like they aren't that interested in protecting the integrity of our elections after all.

I am so happy that you agree that a foreign citizen should not vote in US Elections. Agreed?
agreed, but what does that have to do with the thread?

since the Ukraine interference, it is all A OK now to have foreign governments to interfere, per the Senate republicans and their vote in the impeachment trial and on this bill, the Democrats need to get off their butts and get with all foreign allies and have their govt's give us whatever dirt their intelligence agencies have on Trump and Republicans.....

Yippee!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually Bully I agree all foriegn interference should be eliminated when it come to our Elections, so when will we tell Israel and Mexico to go to hell?
Just as soon as we dissolve the Council on Foreign Relations and place sanctions on Great Britain for all their meddling. . . :71:

I got some free time in the morning.

Well you do know they influence our Elections and have been for decades just like Canada, France and England have in the past and all of a sudden Russia is something new to you...

Also let remember the former Soviet Union was busted in it day for trying to influence our elections but all of sudden Democrats care because it is not the type of influence they benefit from!

since the Ukraine interference, it is all A OK now to have foreign governments to interfere, per the Senate republicans and their vote in the impeachment trial and on this bill, the Democrats need to get off their butts and get with all foreign allies and have their govt's give us whatever dirt their intelligence agencies have on Trump and Republicans.....

Yippee!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
or better yet, have those foreign ally govt's make a formal announcement on CNN of the President's and Republican's crimes... :rolleyes:

Just as soon as we dissolve the Council on Foreign Relations and place sanctions on Great Britain for all their meddling. . . :71:

Hey, this is serious stuff so take this seriously or else, well you think of something for else because ya know me I truly do not care...

Russians have always been trying to interfere with our elections. Obama administration had 8 years to do something and did nothing. And honestly, there are already laws on the books I'm sure. If it was rejected it's probably because there is something disingenuous about it.

You mean like paying millions for a RUSSIAN dossier against your political opponent?
Christopher Steele was paid $165,000 for his investigation work... that ain't millions!?!
From what I hear about his political proclivities. . . not much was required in the way of compensations, he was chomping at the bit to do the work. :71:

I got some free time in the morning.

Well you do know they influence our Elections and have been for decades just like Canada, France and England have in the past and all of a sudden Russia is something new to you...

Also let remember the former Soviet Union was busted in it day for trying to influence our elections but all of sudden Democrats care because it is not the type of influence they benefit from!

Russian interference has been shown to be much more effective, and at a much higher level than we have experienced before. If water is coming into your boat, you patch the biggest leaks first.

Where was all this concern about foreign interference from the left in 2016? All this Russian interference the left shows such outrage over went on during the Obama administration an administration that either had no idea it was going on or did and turned a blind eye to it perhaps because they really didn't care because they were confident Hillary was going to win and no one would ever know. There has been no serious questioning to those in the administration who's job it was to know such things and prevent them and have them explain how they failed it seems all that has happened with them is they have gotten jobs as contributors on cable news networks.

We can argue about who did what, and what might have happened, but the bill was to prevent it from happening in the future. Why wouldn't you want to prevent anything like that happening in the future?

I told you over & over...WE are going to do EVERYTHING to the filth that the filth has done to us!

Paybacks are a BITCH!

Hey, this is serious stuff so take this seriously or else, well you think of something for else because ya know me I truly do not care...
It's like. . if they passed this law. . .

It is just. . . for show anyway.

There is absolutely NO WAY to confirm, or be sure that oligarchs from other nations are not funneling money through non-profits via dark money organizations. The Clinton foundation was a sneaky way to do that. Foreigners would donate cash to do good works through out the planet, while oligarchs in this nation, who would otherwise donate to charity, would have their cash go to her campaign. All cash is fungible. Of course a note would be made as to who, in the end, donated to the cause. And everyone would either get access or a tax-break. . . . assuming of course, they won. :71: Sure would be A LOT of pissed off people if they didn't? Maybe they would want someone to pay? Perhaps some folks in prison or impeached? Perhaps some laws passed? :dunno:

:badgrin:

Ever since the Citizen's United decision? Nothing short of a Constitutional Amendment will keep the cash of international oligarchs from influencing our elections, so it is just a political exercise to keep folks that don't really understand how the system works, like Bulldog, fuming and hating partisans, while the global political oligarchs use it to score cheap points. . . when it never would have achieved shit to begin with.

. . . and it matters not which party you are from, they are all the same. No simple law will stop it either.

This was just a cheap photo op.

Forum List

Back