Republicans- Do You Really Think A Midterm Victory Is Going To Change Anything?

That's because you're a tool.

Are you sure? Maybe instead of the insult you can add a little reasoning? Cuz if you can't then the question of who is the tool becomes questionable. To wit: tell me about the grandiose republican spending. When did the GOP ever offer a spending plan that the democrats wouldn't pass cuz it was too much? Okay, defense spending, do you want to call that grandiose? Got anything else?

Look at the relief spending over the past couple of years, in every case was it not the democrats who wanted to spend more than the GOP did?

This post right here is proof positive that the right wing in this country wants a totalitarian dictatorship with a strongman leading it. Dear God and Jesus Christ, what the fuck HAPPENED to you people? Are you that badly out of ideas? What is it that you think needs to happen?

Every county, every society, every economy and its populace, EVOLVES...or it stagnates and dies! Stop pining for your strongman utopia and start offering solutions that move EVERYONE ahead! You want the country taken out of the hands of the "elite"?....Stop going into the voting booth and checking the same box, election after election, after election.
The GOP needs to win the House to slow spending down. The best budgets and best deficit reductions come from this combo.

Have to finnish destroying the media...force people to reassess the propoganda they are being fed by douchbags at corporate media in New York City, Washington D.C. and downtown Atlanta.

Oh, I don't think so. The GOP almost always has to spend more money than they want to when they are in charge because the democrats won't vote for it when in their eyes their priorities are not adequately addressed. For example, the GOP (when in charge) propose a trillion dollars in spending for something but the democrats want it to be $3 trillion. So they settle for $2 trillion, which is obviously more than the GOP wanted and we can bitch about that if we want to. But here's the catch: which is better: no spending at all (gov't shutdown or no necessary spending), or more than they wanted but not as much as the democrats wanted? In the gov't, it's about compromise, no? You gotta give something to get something IMHO, and usually that means more spending. BUT - when it comes the grandiose big spending, the democrats are by far the worst offenders. They always want to spend more money, usually a great deal more and generally for stuff that isn't really needed at the time.
This is how we end up with a $31,000,000,000,000 debt.
Cloward/Piven would approve of your strategy wholeheartedly.

I would go with $0 in spending rather than forcefully confiscate the fruits of the citizens labors for giant slush funds & green energy hoax boondoggles that require even more waste to fix the problems they create.

Except the GOP has never been able to do that. They offer massive tax cuts...and then still spend like a drunken sailor.

Except without the Presidents approval the GOP can't cut taxes, that is why we as a country do better with a Democrat president and Republican congress.

For starters, if the democrats lose the House then they can forget about their grandiose big spending plans for the Green New Deal, etc. Plus, the GOP will begin impeachment hearings on Biden and start investigations over Hunter and others.

And if the democrats lose the Senate then they can forget about replacing any of the Supreme Court justices with a progressive liberal, and that is a very big deal. The repubs will go through all the motions for confirmation but end up voting down the democrat nominee, especially if it's a replacement for Clarence Thomas or one of the other conservative justices. And of course it also means the democrats can no longer pass anything through reconciliation.

And finally if the democrats lose the Senate I would not be surprised to see Biden resign for health concerns, which probably would be true. He don't look good right now, and I can't imagine him lasting for 2 and a half more years, especially if he can't get anything done in Congress. If however, the democrats do manage to keep the Senate then Biden won't be going anywhere if he can help it, cuz they do NOT want to lose that tiebreaker that the VP has in the Senate.

So - the mid-terms do have a lot riding on them IMHO.
To late to stop the massive spending.

At this point we can only hope for a slow down of their destruction of the country. 2024 can't come soon enough.

Except without the Presidents approval the GOP can't cut taxes, that is why we as a country do better with a Democrat president and Republican congress.
Are we, as a country, better off today than we were four years ago? Heck no, not even in the same ballpark. We're in deep trouble.

I would go with $0 in spending

Would you really? Do you think you can get re-elected in states and districts that are not red if you refuse to compromise at all on spending? There's a reason why the repubs agree to spend more money than they'd like to, and it's not because they are a buncha pussies. It's because they'll lose their majority in either the House or the Senate. And in some cases, the senators and representatives are voting the way their constituents want them to, and I've got a hard time complaining about that.

Look bro, I'm with ya on overspending. I don't like it either, but that is the nature of the gov't we have and the country we live in. If it was up to me we'd require a balanced budget and any overspending would get carried over into next year's budget, BUT let's be honest - that just ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Would you really? Do you think you can get re-elected in states and districts that are not red if you refuse to compromise at all on spending? There's a reason why the repubs agree to spend more money than they'd like to, and it's not because they are a buncha pussies. It's because they'll lose their majority in either the House or the Senate. And in some cases, the senators and representatives are voting the way their constituents want them to, and I've got a hard time complaining about that.

Look bro, I'm with ya on overspending. I don't like it either, but that is the nature of the gov't we have and the country we live in. If it was up to me we'd require a balanced budget and any overspending would get carried over into next year's budget, BUT let's be honest - that just ain't going to happen anytime soon.
See, getting re-elected would be the last thing on my mind. IDGAF about DC or any chamber of "distinguished gentlemen/ladies" & wouldn't spend 1 more minute there than I had to.
This is why nothing will change even if Repubs have a landslide.
They mostly all care more about re-election than about doing the right thing & the ones that just DGAF (like me) are targeted & ousted ASAP.

We need term limits across the board & outlaw the political class that exists to enrich themselves.
They are public servants but act like the Lords & Ladies of a feudalistic system. They treat us like their personal idiot peasants.
Make sure none can make a career out of politics & things could improve.
Until then, good luck

And I don't doubt they'll try. But, it will just re-enforce the fact that Republicans have no new ideas.
Don't count those chickens yet buttercup. My guess right now is that Republicans take back the House...barely, but the Democrats hold on to the Senate and maybe pick up a seat or two. Republicans right now are offering NOTHING but fealty to Trump, bile, and hatred. Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory. :)
Yeah, we have all seen how well those ideas of the far-left are working.

We don't need new ideas, the ones we were using were working great. Of course with Democrats, if there isn't a problem, FIX IT!

Yeah too, we see the hatred of President Trump.

As of yesterday.

2022%2008%2015%20Several-S.jpg

2022%2008%2016%20Melting%20Pot-M.jpg

Except the GOP has never been able to do that. They offer massive tax cuts...and then still spend like a drunken sailor.
The Democrats create massive tax increases and then spends the money like a drunken sailor.

If the politicians of both parties are going to be drunken sailors with our money then we are better off with the tax cuts. At last we get a little more spendable income that way.

We need to get the RINOs out of Washington. Along with that, we need tax overall so that EVERYONE pays something in income taxes. There is no reason that everyone does not contribute.

Largess-L.jpg

Let me start by saying I hope I'm wrong. I really do.
I didn't think like this before the rona dempanic started 2.5 years ago but I say it a lot now.

I said the lockdowns would lead to a growing food shortage & hunger problem, especially in the 3rd world.
I said extra payments to not work would both hurt the economy & make some sheeple reluctant to go back to work.
I said shutting down the small businesses but allowing the large ones to continue to operate would decimate the middle class & transfer greater wealth & power to the elites.
I said they were lying about the plandemic numbers, from deaths, to infections, to treatments & all the way through the clot shots.
I said it looked like they were using a flu like illness & lies to usher in the reset they talk about.
I said the election was stolen & it appeared the Repubs & allies (FOX) finally revealed themselves as sold out & corrupted RINO traitors that will do everything they can to take out anyone that refuses to bend the knee.
I said we are now under the control of a UNiparty where the Dems & Repubs are flip sides of the same coin, all compromised & controlled by globalist elites.

I wish I wasn't right about all these things.

I don't think the midterms will do jack shit to change the real course of the country because the Repub leadership will never allow true reform to happen. They are never going to allow the people to have any real control & if it looks like that's a possibility, they will enable as much fraud as necessary to keep the status quo, even if it means electing more Dems.
There aren't enough real America First candidates to make a real difference even if they all win.
They will be attacked & neutralized from the moment they get to DC.
They will be targeted for blackmail opportunities & snowglobed if they show a single weakness of character that can be exploited.

We would need an army of wise & incorruptible saints to make a real difference. That won't happen & it will be business as usual.
Just more drama & distractions while the real plan is rolled out behind the scenes.

Enjoy now because in todays world of Idiocracy, every day is better than the next

Democrat or republican politicians "in-charge" makes no difference. The American people are on a 90 degree waterslide to the collapse of civilization and nothing can stop it.

Forum List

Back