Republicans block "unemployment extension"

GOP Senator: We May Block Jobless Benefits Even If We Get Amendments

GOP blocks restoration of jobless benefits, Reed to try again | Breaking News | The Providence Journal

Dems Shouldn't Let GOP Block Extension Of Jobless Benefits - Investors.com

Well, there they go again. Unemployment benefits were extended under Bush 5 times. And that was when USMB Republicans said the economy was doing so well. All those great deficit creating tax cuts for the rich.

if the obstructionist democrats would pass some of the republicans jobs bills they are holding up we wouldn't need the extension

please post links to those bills.

Republican Jobs Bills Passed By The House of Representatives | Congressman Jon Runyan

yeah sure...Reid wouldn't let them vote on it folks, don't let them lie to you ANYMORE

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/334892-harry-reid-s-obstructionism.html#post8454003

Here's a funny thing...Oregon unemployment benefit recipients who were in extension mode all received big scary letters telling them their unemployment was ending 12/31/13.

And then they were quietly re-upped effective 01/01/14, with nice new balances and weekly benefit amounts.

1. Simple solution is to substitute loans for welfare handouts. Set up a work-study program similar to student loans and grants, and keep the money flowing on a rotating basis. instead of hiring lobbyists or lawyers to fight for one side or another on these contested laws, or spending 130 million on PR for the contested health care reform half the nation opposes, why not spend that money creating jobs in collections and payment plans to finance education and health care AGAINST debts owed to govt that taxes already paid for?
if the money owed isn't paid back yet, then credits can be lent against that amount owed as long as there is a plan or agreement for paying it back from the previous recipients. turn welfare into a rolling work study loan program, lending money out as it is paid back.

2. One major thing I learned from watching both the Greens and then the Occupy "consensus process" get blocked by obstructionists
is that people who block should be REQUIRED to provide an alternative. And they should have an open floor or process to hear citizens who have alternatives.

there should be 2-3 groups of representative roles.
a. people who provide input or objections or both
b. people who facilitate between the input and objections
and where they acknowledge a block/objection they substitute a correction or option
c. people who approve the final decision as accommodating all the input
and objections successfully where no one is excluded from representation
but all grievances are redressed

so the people doing this blocking without correcting should be in group a
and not in charge of either b or c

and people in charge of b should have a system or hierarchy through the different parties, districts or states, where the constituents who DO have alternative ideas can feed their input through to correct the points of conflict, from any level, all the way to the top

I know a lot of people who have ideas that could solve these conflicts
and they aren't being heard by their own parties much less by Congress

so until that gets "unblocked" then we keep seeing this process get deadlocked at the top

GOP blocks restoration of jobless benefits, Reed to try again | Breaking News | The Providence Journal

Well, there they go again. Unemployment benefits were extended under Bush 5 times. And that was when USMB Republicans said the economy was doing so well. All those great deficit creating tax cuts for the rich.

yeah sure...Reid wouldn't let them vote on it folks, don't let them lie to you ANYMORE

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/334892-harry-reid-s-obstructionism.html#post8454003

From the very link you made to your own post:
"Democrats such as Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who wants to repeal Obamacare’s medical-device tax — and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York — who has waged a highly publicized campaign to reform the way the military handles sexual-assault cases — have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills. Gillibrand had hoped to attach her sexual-assault amendment to the defense-appropriations bill that passed in December, but no amendments were allowed. Klobuchar has called for “a more open amendment process” because she’d like a vote on repealing the medical-device tax."

Now if you could be tell me what these have to do with unemployment benefits. I will tell you what they do have to do with, obstruction.

Good, EVERY amendment should be denied on the face of it.In fact NO amendments should be allowed. If you want to get a bill passed, introduce it on its OWN merits.

please post links to those bills.

How's the weather under that rock you call home?

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Jobs Legislation Tracker

House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Trying to defund Obamacare is not a jobs bill.

It is when people are getting let go because of the added regulations of Obamacare in the market place

If Obama says the economy has recovered, the economy has recovered. They need to go out and get all those jobs he created.

From the very link you made to your own post:
"Democrats such as Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who wants to repeal Obamacare’s medical-device tax — and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York — who has waged a highly publicized campaign to reform the way the military handles sexual-assault cases — have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills. Gillibrand had hoped to attach her sexual-assault amendment to the defense-appropriations bill that passed in December, but no amendments were allowed. Klobuchar has called for “a more open amendment process” because she’d like a vote on repealing the medical-device tax."

Now if you could be tell me what these have to do with unemployment benefits. I will tell you what they do have to do with, obstruction.

Good, EVERY amendment should be denied on the face of it.In fact NO amendments should be allowed. If you want to get a bill passed, introduce it on its OWN merits.

If you can tell me how many amendments were allowed to be presented on 1845 before the Republicans voted it down I will continue to converse this with you. Otherwise go back to your regularly scheduled radio program.

if the obstructionist democrats would pass some of the republicans jobs bills they are holding up we wouldn't need the extension

GOP blocks jobs bill

I'm curious. Which jobs bill are you talking about?

Well your place on this board is now cemented. Welcome, we were one troll short anyhow.

I am quite competitive. I will not stop until I am the #1 TROLL. :lol:

If you're so competitive then explain to me how the rich can hold you down as you claim they can. I have done very well for myself despite the fuckups of my youth and without interference from any outside group including the rich.

Grampa Murked U - Where, if anywhere, does personal responsibility fit into that? I made shit wages when I started out in life. In fact my first two bosses only hired me because of the tax incentives they got for hiring an ex con.

But you need to be applauded that you admit you did get help from the government. That's what it's there for.

... Well, there they go again. Unemployment benefits were extended under Bush 5 times. And that was when USMB Republicans said the economy was doing so well. All those great deficit creating tax cuts for the rich.

The Republicans already are in trouble. The Party is dying. If they let the Democrats create benefits the American People actually can use to improve their lives, the Republicans won't have a chance. They've got to everything they can to obstruct the Democrats. It's the only chance of survival the Republicans have.

UE Benes do not improve your like. Are y'all really that delusional or ignorant of economics? Its scary.
With out federal benefit extensions, unemployment in most states ends after 6 months. The chance of finding a job during the first few weeks is about 3 in 10. Over the first 6 months, most people that are unemployed will find jobs. The chances of finding a job after 6 months continues to drop. After 1 year, the chances are 1 in 10.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/14/news/economy/long-term-unemployment/

Extending unemployment benefits indefinitely is not the answer nor is cutting all support to the long term unemployed. What we need is a better program for dealing with long term unemployment.

Most employers are very reluctant to hire someone who has been out of work for an expended period of time. Many employers do not even look at the long term unemployed. I think one plan that was been suggested has some merit. Pay the extended unemployment benefits, either part or all to the employer who is willing to take a chance on hiring a person who has been out of work for an extended period, gradually decreasing payments. Even it the job doesn't workout, the employee has some recent experience to carry forward in a job search.

Last edited:
The important thing is we pay them to sit on their asses.

That's what's important here. People should only work for enjoyment. They should never HAVE to work.

How's the weather under that rock you call home?

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Jobs Legislation Tracker

House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Trying to defund Obamacare is not a jobs bill.

It is when people are getting let go because of the added regulations of Obamacare in the market place

It isn't when you're doing it to be a douche bag.

Last edited:

If Obama says the economy has recovered, the economy has recovered. They need to go out and get all those jobs he created.
That's right! I forgot! All those fucking Green jobs he was going to create. Can anyone tell me where the next mass production plant is opening by Solyindra?
Maybe he was planning to employee those psychopaths at GitMo he promised to move some where else. Or maybe the 'stimulus money' will pay off.
Are all those thousands of Soylindra employees driving Chey Volts?
Hope they aren't buying any Chrysler products. Not since fucking Fiat bought them out!
What a bunch of LIB losers! Literally everything they touch fucks the country.

The Republicans already are in trouble. The Party is dying. If they let the Democrats create benefits the American People actually can use to improve their lives, the Republicans won't have a chance. They've got to everything they can to obstruct the Democrats. It's the only chance of survival the Republicans have.

UE Benes do not improve your like. Are y'all really that delusional or ignorant of economics? Its scary.
With out federal benefit extensions, unemployment in most states ends after 6 months. The chance of finding a job during the first few weeks is about 3 in 10. Over the first 6 months, most people that are unemployed will find jobs. The chances of finding a job after 6 months continues to drop. After 1 year, the chances are 1 in 10.

Only 1 in 10 find jobs after long-term unemployment - Jun. 14, 2012

Extending unemployment benefits indefinitely is not the answer nor is cutting all support to the long term unemployed. What we need is a better program for dealing with long term unemployment.

Most employers are very reluctant to hire someone who has been out of work for an expended period of time. Many employers do not even look at the long term unemployed. I think one plan that was been suggested has some merit. Pay the extended unemployment benefits, either part or all to the employer who is willing to take a chance on hiring a person who has been out of work for an extended period, gradually decreasing payments. Even it the job doesn't workout, the employee has some recent experience to carry forward in a job search.

watch for a flurry of job applications going out all of a sudden

You know all we hear from you dems is Obama created so many jobs. If we have so many jobs created why do we need to extend unemployment???

You know all we hear from you dems is Obama created so many jobs. If we have so many jobs created why do we need to extend unemployment???

How many were we down when he started?

I am quite competitive. I will not stop until I am the #1 TROLL. :lol:

If you're so competitive then explain to me how the rich can hold you down as you claim they can. I have done very well for myself despite the fuckups of my youth and without interference from any outside group including the rich.

Grampa Murked U - Where, if anywhere, does personal responsibility fit into that? I made shit wages when I started out in life. In fact my first two bosses only hired me because of the tax incentives they got for hiring an ex con.

But you need to be applauded that you admit you did get help from the government. That's what it's there for.

Derp derp derp

Oh these minimum wage Republicans. Insisting they have it made.

Forum List

Back