Republicans: Biden control gas prices only when price goes up

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
This is how Republicans think the economy works:
When gas prices go up the reason is that the president sucks and somehow made them go up. And this reflects bad on him.
But when gas prices go down, we hear nothing whatsoever from Republicans. If they were consistent, they were praising Joe Biden for lowering gas prices, at least in the last 2 months.
And don't get me wrong. If gas prices go down as low as $2 a gallon, they will STILL not give Joe Biden credit.
So the excuse that $4 a gallon is still too expensive doesn't fly.
In short, Republicans either a) don't know how the economy works or b) are playing dumb about it.
I'll go with b.

You use every tool in the chest to beat your opponent about the head and shoulders with.

6oha7r.jpg

Dow futures rip higher by nearly 400 points after lighter-than-expected inflation report

U.S. stock futures rose on Wednesday morning after a key inflation reading showed a better-than-expected slowdown for rising prices.

Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 400 points, or 1.2%. S&P 500 futures gained 1.7%, while Nasdaq 100 futures jumped 2.4%.

The headline consumer price index for July rose 8.5% year over year, and was flat compared to June. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones were expecting increases of 8.7% and 0.2%, respectively.

Core inflation, which strips out volatile food and energy prices, also saw a smaller-than-expected increase.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sto...vestors-brace-for-july-inflation-report-.html

More bad news for Repubs.

When gas prices go up the reason is that the president sucks and somehow made them go up. And this reflects bad on him.
But when gas prices go down, we hear nothing whatsoever from Republicans. If they were consistent, they were praising Joe Biden for lowering gas prices, at least in the last 2 months.
And don't get me wrong. If gas prices go down as low as $2 a gallon, they will STILL not give Joe Biden credit.
In short, Republicans either a) don't know how the economy works or b) are playing dumb about it.
I'll go with b.

Sounds to me like you fit both A and B.

I'm perfectly willing to give credit just like blame if you can show me what they did that resulted in X. I can list several anti-energy policies of Dementia but not one pro-energy policy, and no, those few barrels from the strategic reserve didn't do all that much, perhaps five or ten cents a gallon at most.

You can say that Dementia was somewhat responsible for prices dropping when the market reacted to the looming recession. That's when prices went down, and if it wasn't for Biden, we wouldn't be having a recession.

Dow futures rip higher by nearly 400 points after lighter-than-expected inflation report

U.S. stock futures rose on Wednesday morning after a key inflation reading showed a better-than-expected slowdown for rising prices.

Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 400 points, or 1.2%. S&P 500 futures gained 1.7%, while Nasdaq 100 futures jumped 2.4%.

The headline consumer price index for July rose 8.5% year over year, and was flat compared to June. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones were expecting increases of 8.7% and 0.2%, respectively.

Core inflation, which strips out volatile food and energy prices, also saw a smaller-than-expected increase.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sto...vestors-brace-for-july-inflation-report-.html

What bad news? Prices will not go much higher? :auiqs.jpg:

We are still paying almost twice for fuel as we did under Trump. Do you think voters will forget that come November?

Whoopi fuckin' Doo. The inflation rate was only 1.8% under Trump. :fu:

It's "only" 8%!!

Rents, groceries, cars, are all more expensive.

Sap.

I'll go with b.
All you are doing is taking the other side of the same dumbass stance.

Where are you bitching about him being responsible for it going up?

Tool

I'll go with b.

It's not just the price of gasoline.

Gasoline that rose to twice the price it was during 2018, an inflation rate that rose to 9.1%, which was almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, a recession, the average middle-class family coming up about $6,000 short of disposable income, hefty taxes coming for the middle class, and retirement accounts losing $3 trillion dollars just over the last year. The price of oil jumping up to $130 per barrel, having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil while draining our own strategic reserves, sporadic shortages on the store shelves, supply line disruptions, a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, an spiraling epidemic of violent crime and drugs, 4 million more illegals within the last two years, more COVID deaths than in 2020, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost 13 American soldiers their lives, a weakened, pussified military, Iran's nuclear program having enough nuclear material to build a bomb, a revitalized Russian oil industry, China being energy and militarily dominant, a war in Europe that could even go nuclear, and China and North Korea threatening the US.

If you want to define the word "failure", just look at this administration.

I'll go with b.
Diesel -the fuel that drives industry and gets your food to the store- is still over $5.00/gal, stooge.

Democrats: demonize the oil business, and business in general

Republicans: incentivize the oil business, and business in general

I'll go with b.
The damage has been done. It is fun going to the stores. Enjoyable. And just like that the government has increased taxes through inflation. And they have raised taxes the old fashion way also. The working class is screwed.

I'll go with b.

Biden says he can lower gas prices. Which means he can change gas prices, so that means when they go up it's fault.

But people who defend Biden say he has no control over gas prices when they go, but thank him when he says he made them go down.

But I get it, all you care about is hating Republicans so much you'll invent anything you want just to be able to say negative stuff about them, even when it's a lie. And even in situations like this where you claim facts but can't back it up with more than just immature remarks and personal rhetoric.

Diesel -the fuel that drives industry and gets your food to the store- is still over $5.00/gal, stooge.

At the most expensive place to buy fuel here in Newberry SC (Love's Travel stop), diesel is 4.90/gal. At the Pilot truck stop, it's 4.80/gal, and at the Shell Gas station in town (most expensive gas station in Newberry), it's 4.45/gal. The truck stops are the most expensive because they are right on the highway. And, those are prices as of today, 12 Aug 2020.

At the most expensive place to buy fuel here in Newberry SC (Love's Travel stop), diesel is 4.90/gal. At the Pilot truck stop, it's 4.80/gal, and at the Shell Gas station in town (most expensive gas station in Newberry), it's 4.45/gal. The truck stops are the most expensive because they are right on the highway. And, those are prices as of today, 12 Aug 2020.
Oh, so I missed it by a few pennies in north Texas.....What's the price in Illinois, California, New York?

Oh, so I missed it by a few pennies in north Texas.....What's the price in Illinois, California, New York?

Here's a link for the average prices of gas and diesel by state right now. Read the link if you're interested.

But, since you asked, here are the average prices for diesel in the states you listed....................

Illinois - 5.18, California - 6.24, New York - 5.54. I find it interesting that you asked for the prices in 3 states that have always been the most expensive for fuel (most notably California and New York).

I'll go with b.
Funny the left only gives credit to Biden when the prices drop and then the left credits him when the price drops.

Me, never blamed him nor will I credit him, he did nothing to raise or bring down prices.

Today Billy, a lefty is praising Biden for the decrease in gas prices.

Seems that the left is just as inconsistent as the Republicans.

Seem to me both sides are hypocrites. I have no use for Republicans or Democrats.

So Democrats either are a) don't know how the economy works or b) are playing dumb about it.

Forum List

Back