Republicans Are Outraged Donald Trump Isn't Above The Law

The other day I said Trump's crimes are having babies remember? Because first Trump had classified documents but now he got caught lying about turning over all the top secret documents he had. He lied.

Here is another example. First there's the illegal hush money to Stormey from campaign funds.

Now Trump is going to get charged with with threatening the prosecutor

As many legal experts pointed out over the weekend, threatening a prosecutor is a crime in New York.

On Thursday, Trump posted a photo of himself wielding a baseball bat beside a photo of Bragg with his hands up. The post was later removed. Other menacing posts were not taken down, including one in which he suggested a potential indictment against him by Bragg would result in “death & destruction.”

Threatening a prosecutor? Wow!

And Trump cried about Kathy Griffin?
/----/ OH you got him this time #9,864 and best of all it only took 7 years of failure after failure after failure.

/----/ OH you got him this time #9,864 and best of all it only took 7 years of failure after failure after failure.
If we didn't have him Trump wouldn't be acting the way he is. Seems to us that he knew an arrest is coming and he tried to intimidate the prosecutor by announcing it ahead of his arrest and calling for violence.

Now you see why BLM riots. It gets results. Trump knows that. If he and his followers remain peaceful, he will be arrested.

If we didn't have him Trump wouldn't be acting the way he is. Seems to us that he knew an arrest is coming and he tried to intimidate the prosecutor by announcing it ahead of his arrest and calling for violence.

Now you see why BLM riots. It gets results. Trump knows that. If he and his followers remain peaceful, he will be arrested.
/----/ " Trump knows that."
You're just pulling crap out of your azzhole and posting it as fact. You don't know anything about President Trump.

“I'm taken aback at the idea of indicting a former president of the United States at a—at a time when there's a crime wave in New York City,” Pence told Jonathan Karl on ABC’s This Week, “that fact that the Manhattan D.A. thinks that indicting President Trump is his top priority I think it—just tells you everything you need to know about the radical left in this country. It just feels like a politically charged prosecution here. And I—for my part, I just feel like it's just not what the American people want to see.”

Let’s take this one point at a time, because Pence is so perfectly encapsulating the Republican position on prosecuting Trump.

First: There is no crime wave in New York City. And former presidents should not be protected from prosecution just because of their elevated status.

Second: The Manhattan district attorney obviously does not think that indicting Trump is his top priority. He already set aside a plan by his predecessor to indict Trump for his financial dealings, and Bragg has now been in office for more than a year. Something one does more than a year after getting the ability to do it is, by definition, not a top priority.

Third: Alvin Bragg is in no way the “radical left,” although he is, to translate what Pence really meant, Black.

Fourth: This may feel politically charged because Republicans are politicizing it through their insistence that Trump should be immune from prosecution. But not charging Trump with crimes he committed would be a political move in itself. Power shouldn’t put people above the law.

And finally: It doesn’t—or shouldn’t—matter what the American people want to see when it comes to prosecuting crimes. As a side issue, it’s no surprise that the people Pence talks to don’t want Trump indicted, but plenty of people will be breaking out the party hats and streamers if and when it happens. But again, prosecution for crimes should not be a popularity contest and being famous and rich and powerful should not insulate you.

But that is the official Trump/Republican position: Charges against Trump can only ever be a politically motivated abuse of power, no matter how many crimes he commits. In reality, of course, while Trump’s prominence has drawn the attention of prosecutors, there’s been an obvious reluctance to charge him with anything because Trump is a political figure and he and his allies will harass the prosecutors and use the charges to whip up their base.

The talking points have spread far and wide in the Republican Party.

He could be arrested on 5th Ave., and not lose any support. :badgrin:
/----/ Let's see your libtard DAs go after the Bidens with the same energy as they do Trump.

/----/ " Trump knows that."
You're just pulling crap out of your azzhole and posting it as fact. You don't know anything about President Trump.
You know him?

I often wonder if he's dumb enough to believe the election was rigged. He can't. Rudy can't. Sidney Powell can't believe it. If they do believe then they are crazy.

I just think they are liars. Not even good ones. Because the shit the believe, they couldn't possibly believe.

But Trump's followers already saw the message. And Trump hasn't toned down the message since he took that down. At his first campaign rally he kept it up.

Threatening a prosecutor is a misdeamenor?

...calling him an "animal" and calling for his supporters to "protest" his widely anticipated arrest. The former president early Friday morning warned of "potential death & destruction" if he is charged in the case, and pushed back on calls for his supporters to remain "peaceful."

“It sure looks like Donald Trump is calling for violence if he gets indicted,” watchdog group warns​

Trump on Truth Social lashed out at Bragg in an all-caps tweet, calling the prosecutor an "animal."

Racist

"EVERYBODY KNOWS I'M 100% INNOCENT, INCLUDING BRAGG, BUT HE DOESN'T CARE. HE IS JUST CARRYING OUT THE PLANS OF THE RADICAL LEFT LUNATICS. OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!" he wrote.

Trump's comment appears to be a rebuke of allies who called for his supporters to remain peaceful in the wake of the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, including from former attorney Rudy Giuliani, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and even conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

"Trump is now explicitly rejecting the idea that his supporters should be 'peaceful' as he prepares to be indicted," Democratic strategist Sawyer Hackett tweeted, tagging the Justice Department's account. "Another incitement of violence."
I hear ya, it's atrocious and should be a felony, but threatening a prosecutor per NY state law is a misdemeanor.

Trump's threats violate New York State law section 195.05 - threatening a government official in an attempt to interfere with official duties.

McKinney's Penal Law § 195.05
§ 195.05 Obstructing governmental administration in the second degree
A person is guilty of obstructing governmental administration when he intentionally obstructs, impairs or perverts the administration of law or other governmental function or prevents or attempts to prevent a public servant from performing an official function, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference, or by means of any independently unlawful act, or by means of interfering, whether or not physical force is involved, with radio, telephone, television or other telecommunications systems owned or operated by the state, or a county, city, town, village, fire district or emergency medical service or by means of releasing a dangerous animal under circumstances evincing the actor's intent that the animal obstruct governmental administration.
Obstructing governmental administration is a class A misdemeanor.

/----/ Let's see your libtard DAs go after the Bidens with the same energy as they do Trump.

And where is the evidence that Joe Biden received any funds? Hmmmm? None was mentioned on your link.

Last edited:
You know him?

I often wonder if he's dumb enough to believe the election was rigged. He can't. Rudy can't. Sidney Powell can't believe it. If they do believe then they are crazy.

I just think they are liars. Not even good ones. Because the shit the believe, they couldn't possibly believe.
so then you agree that mail in ballots are NO LONGER NEEDED

so then you agree that mail in ballots are NO LONGER NEEDED
We all have busy lives. No need to make anyone jump through any unnecessary hoops.

We should make election day a national holiday day off. And even still, you may be traveling so if people want they should be able to mail in vote.

Check the signature. And let us know if you find more than a couple situations of attempted voter fraud via vote in mailing.

Why you afraid to have everyone vote? Do you want only smart people who think like you to be able to vote? LOL

“I'm taken aback at the idea of indicting a former president of the United States at a—at a time when there's a crime wave in New York City,” Pence told Jonathan Karl on ABC’s This Week, “that fact that the Manhattan D.A. thinks that indicting President Trump is his top priority I think it—just tells you everything you need to know about the radical left in this country. It just feels like a politically charged prosecution here. And I—for my part, I just feel like it's just not what the American people want to see.”

Let’s take this one point at a time, because Pence is so perfectly encapsulating the Republican position on prosecuting Trump.

First: There is no crime wave in New York City. And former presidents should not be protected from prosecution just because of their elevated status.

Second: The Manhattan district attorney obviously does not think that indicting Trump is his top priority. He already set aside a plan by his predecessor to indict Trump for his financial dealings, and Bragg has now been in office for more than a year. Something one does more than a year after getting the ability to do it is, by definition, not a top priority.

Third: Alvin Bragg is in no way the “radical left,” although he is, to translate what Pence really meant, Black.

Fourth: This may feel politically charged because Republicans are politicizing it through their insistence that Trump should be immune from prosecution. But not charging Trump with crimes he committed would be a political move in itself. Power shouldn’t put people above the law.

And finally: It doesn’t—or shouldn’t—matter what the American people want to see when it comes to prosecuting crimes. As a side issue, it’s no surprise that the people Pence talks to don’t want Trump indicted, but plenty of people will be breaking out the party hats and streamers if and when it happens. But again, prosecution for crimes should not be a popularity contest and being famous and rich and powerful should not insulate you.

But that is the official Trump/Republican position: Charges against Trump can only ever be a politically motivated abuse of power, no matter how many crimes he commits. In reality, of course, while Trump’s prominence has drawn the attention of prosecutors, there’s been an obvious reluctance to charge him with anything because Trump is a political figure and he and his allies will harass the prosecutors and use the charges to whip up their base.

They used to say, not so long ago, that a person should be responsible for their crimes....

I think everyone who can legally vote should be encouraged to do so. If there are any fraudulent vote prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Of course, everything the Republicans do is to try to limit who can vote.

I saw this Donald Trump quote and thought in retrospect of everything he's done wrong and what's happening to him, it's pretty fucking ironic.

2008, he suggested it would have been “a wonderful thing” had the speaker pursued impeachment against then-President George W. Bush over the Iraq War.

In an October 2008 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Trump, then a real estate mogul and TV reality star, also called former President Bill Clinton’s impeachment “nonsense.” Trump on Wednesday became the third president in US history to be impeached by the House.

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.

Forum List

Back