Republican states rank at the bottom in nearly everything

The reason why they are moving is cost of living or economic conditions.
The two things democrats cause anywhere they get in power? Fucking shocker.
hmmm....people are fleeing my very red state. Republicans are now in power. Fucking shocker.
Really? What red state would that be?
WV.

We lost a representative.
Well when you vote against your number one employer that kind of tends to happen.

I live in a red state. One with very few large cities - in fact our largest city wouldn't even compare to most in other states.

We are almost always at the bottom: health, longevity, uninsured, income, welfare, education...our problems are systemic, not a few cities.

Thanks for the input ... Sorry to hear your State sucks.

Unlike your State, the Red Areas in my State don't suffer all the systemic failures and problems the Blue Areas do to the same degree.
I am sure we could make up a lot of excuses why that might be the case, but it doesn't change the demographics or who is in charge.

If you would like to suggest that schools, cities or areas that perform the best, aren't the result of who is running them ...
Then it isn't hard to understand why the politics you support continues to systemically fail at achieving the same goal.

On the bright side ... It's going to be easier for you to fix that at the State level, and don't even need me to agree with you ... :thup:

In this case, it's not the politics I support that are causing the problems. For example the schools in the blue areas of my state are significantly better that the red areas.

What would suggest (though I am not sure you are open to it) is that political ideologies alone are not the problem - they are just a simplistic attempt at pigeonholing more complex problems.

Your state and my state, despite being "red" have very different challenges. You want to blame it on "blue"? Yet, in my state the problem is "red".
How is it not your vote that is causing this? It’s what you voted for.

In this case, it's not the politics I support that are causing the problems. For example the schools in the blue areas of my state are significantly better that the red areas.

What would suggest (though I am not sure you are open to it) is that political ideologies alone are not the problem - they are just a simplistic attempt at pigeonholing more complex problems.

Your state and my state, despite being "red" have very different challenges. You want to blame it on "blue"? Yet, in my state the problem is "red".

That's terrible, sorry to hear that ... The exact opposite here.
The schools in the Red Areas here, even in the same Parish, score way higher than the schools in the Blue Area (and it is the Parish Seat).

In fact ... The Blue Area is so messed up, they called the Justice Department in to oversee their operations as far back as the 60's.
They have been there and in charge ever since ... They almost crawled out from under that scrutiny at the end of year before last, but then someone filed another complaint.

What fails them, is strictly the inability to make decent management decisions.
They run off businesses, create terrible living conditions, and then try to blame the Red Areas for their poverty and unemployment.

They're just stuck on systemic failure, and certainly not looking in the right place for the answer.
Meh ... There's nothing you can do about it ... I'm not complaining, and they get what they ask for.

What magical red state is this?

I don't believe you

Louisiana ... And you don't even have to stop at the State, Parish or City level.
You can break it down by precinct and individual school complex if necessary.

The more Red it gets, the better the numbers.

Louisiana is an interesting state. But is it really a red/blue problem? Or are there other factors? For example school districts local property taxes for revenue, right? In poor urban areas, most people rent, property taxes are low - schools are often worse than wealthier suburbs.

I live in a red state. One with very few large cities - in fact our largest city wouldn't even compare to most in other states.

We are almost always at the bottom: health, longevity, uninsured, income, welfare, education...our problems are systemic, not a few cities.

Unlike your State, the Red Areas in my State don't suffer all the systemic failures and problems the Blue Areas do to the same degree.
I am sure we could make up a lot of excuses why that might be the case, but it doesn't change the demographics or who is in charge.

If you would like to suggest that schools, cities or areas that perform the best, aren't the result of who is running them ...
Then it isn't hard to understand why the politics you support continues to systemically fail at achieving the same goal.

On the bright side ... It's going to be easier for you to fix that at the State level, and don't even need me to agree with you ... :thup:

How is it my vote that is causing this? Be specific please.

West Virginia (don't get me wrong though, I love my state).

Cool ... The more people care about their State and Communities, the easier it is to accomplish things.

Agree and most especially from a community level on up. People make fun of community organizers, but there is value there - in the strength of people banding together to try to improve things in their communities, and it is not a red/blue thing.

When Republicans talk about poorly run governments they are projecting.

• 8 of 10 worst education states are red (NV/AZ other two)
  • 9 of 10 poorest states are red (NM other one)
  • 8 of 10 most federally dependent states are red (NM/AZ other two)
  • 9 of 10 worst states for teen pregnancy are red (NM is the other)
  • 10 of 10 lowest life expectancy states are red
  • 8 of 10 highest divorce states are red (NV/AZ the other two)
  • 9 of 10 states with the highest gun death rates are red (NM is other)
  • 7 of 10 most violent crime states are red
  • 7 of 10 worst suicide rates are red states
  • 8 of 10 most bankruptcy states are red (IL/NV other 2)
I live in tennessee...people from new york california and chicago are moving here at the rate of one thousand a day
Tennessee is a beautiful state. Dirt cheap. Run poorly. Nature top notch.
tennessee is run poorly ...that explains why libs move here in vast numbers...dailey

Maybe it's time we part ways?
Like to see you fund a military with red states. Haha

HaHa.......Texas has the 10th largest economy in the world.
And repubs want to overspend on military and not pay for it.

Link.
See trump. Huge military spending and huge deficits.

Aand how much did Xiden just spend?
Fixing the Trump mess. Had trump handed over lower deficits you’d have a point. But instead they went up every year even with a good economy. Repub policy isn’t sustainable.
they went up by ten trillion under Godbama

How is it my vote that is causing this? Be specific please.
You voted to end coal, you voted for higher minimum wage. How the fuck are you confused by this?

Your state have hill billies they are way more dumber than rednecks so its no comparison.

Louisiana is an interesting state. But is it really a red/blue problem? Or are there other factors? For example school districts local property taxes for revenue, right? In poor urban areas, most people rent, property taxes are low - schools are often worse than wealthier suburbs.

I understand the apprehension some people have towards actually understanding Louisiana ... We are different.

You make a valid point and far as schools in the suburbs versus low tax areas ...
With one except in the case of Louisiana, (at least locally and a few other areas around the State).

I mentioned that Justice Department is involved in oversight of the School Board and they have tried everything to eliminate the discrepancy in scores.

They go as far as having what is called Minority to Majority policy ...
Which means if you are a Minority, you can go to any damn school in the Parish that you want to.

When they bus the minorities from the Blue Area to the Red Area schools ... The Red Area schools don't start failing.
If a Blue area school is getting less community funding through localized taxation, the School Board is required to make up the difference from the general fund.

If the boosters at the Red Area High school raise the money for astro-turf and improved athletics facilities.
The School Board will pay for the same facilities in the Blue Schools.

The School Board is required to have a certain number of African-American Board Members.
The Schools are required to have a certain number of African-American teachers and staff members.
It has nothing to do with the qualifications of either, and they will recruit as far away as New York, and include signing bonuses.

It's a mess.

However ... You can walk through the door of the Upper Elementary School in one Red Area ... And know immediately what the difference is.
They aren't playing around ... They make the children, their education, and their desire to strive for excellence in every way, the only excuse that is acceptable.

when-youriqis-15-but-you-think-its-220-you-might-7297354.png

Then why is everyone moving to them?
If everyone was moving to the red states that would mean that the blue states are empty, yet that is not the case. West Virginia has the highest population decline of all states and it is red.
Can't bring yourself to admit how many people are fleeing Democratically controlled States...can you, Moonie?

I understand the apprehension some people have towards actually understanding Louisiana ... We are different.

You make a valid point and far as schools in the suburbs versus low tax areas ...
With one except in the case of Louisiana, (at least locally and a few other areas around the State).

I mentioned that Justice Department is involved in oversight of the School Board and they have tried everything to eliminate the discrepancy in scores.

They go as far as having what is called Minority to Majority policy ...
Which means if you are a Minority, you can go to any damn school in the Parish that you want to.

When they bus the minorities from the Blue Area to the Red Area schools ... The Red Area schools don't start failing.
If a Blue area school is getting less community funding through localized taxation, the School Board is required to make up the difference from the general fund.

If the boosters at the Red Area High school raise the money for astro-turf and improved athletics facilities.
The School Board will pay for the same facilities in the Blue Schools.

The School Board is required to have a certain number of African-American Board Members.
The Schools are required to have a certain number of African-American teachers and staff members.
It has nothing to do with the qualifications of either, and they will recruit as far away as New York, and include signing bonuses.

It's a mess.

However ... You can walk through the door of the Upper Elementary School in one Red Area ... And know immediately what the difference is.
They aren't playing around ... They make the children, their education, and their desire to strive for excellence in every way, the only excuse that is acceptable.

Louisiana is a shit hole

Forum List

Back