Republican Senators Are Bailing On Convention

Coronavirus concerns are why many Republican Senators choose not to attend the convention.

.Who wants to go to Florida at this time with the virus plagued state. Especially when you are an old in age Senator.

"Senators are using the dangers of the coronavirus to distance themselves from the president. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), at 86, the oldest Republican senator, said he would not go. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN) is staying home because, his spokesperson says, “he believes the delegate spots should be reserved” for people who have not attended before. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is not going; neither is Susan Collins (R-ME). Mitt Romney (R-UT) won’t be showing up either. The coronavirus gives them an excellent excuse to socially distance themselves from the president."

"Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is not going; neither is Susan Collins (R-ME). Mitt Romney (R-UT) won’t be showing up either. "

Shrug. No one wants them there.
Their Florida venue canceled on the RNC after they had spent all their money. Now they don't have a venue, and no money for one if they could find one.
I dunno about that..but they are looking at outside venues:

The Republican convention in Jacksonville, Fla., next month could be moved to an outdoor stadium as cases of the novel coronavirus in the state increase, according to several officials with knowledge of the plans.

While no decision has been made, Republican officials are studying two outdoor professional sports stadiums near the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena where the convention is currently slated to be held. They are also looking more broadly into the logistics of pulling off an outdoor convention, according to two Republicans involved in the planning.
This marks the latest uncertainty over planning the convention, which President Trump is determined to hold even as cases surge in Florida and other states. Officials have engaged in weeks of intensive planning for the convention, which was moved from North Carolina after a sharp disagreement with state leaders there over health measures.

Trump was recently briefed on the options of moving the convention away from the indoor arena, officials said, and is expected to make a final decision in upcoming days.
Republicans involved in the planning believe there could be less risk of transmission and spreading for attendees in a larger outdoor arena than in the stadium, and attendees may be less concerned about taking part in such an event.
Several Republican senators have said they will not attend the convention.
After the president’s rally last month in Tulsa, some of his advisers are also concerned about the potential fallout from indoor events where attendees do not wear masks.
An outdoor convention could pose its own set of problems, however. Florida is particularly hot in the summer, with temperatures often climbing to 100 degrees, and rain is also a threat.

Republican officials have looked at the 121 Financial Ballpark, which hosts minor league games and seats about 11,000, and the TIAA Bank Field, which hosts the Jacksonville Jaguars and can seat more than 65,000. Both arenas are within a short walking distance of the VyStar Arena, an indoor facility that seats about 15,000. Republican officials recently toured both sites during a series of meetings in Jacksonville, officials say.
A spokesman for the Republican Party declined to comment.

Coronavirus concerns are why many Republican Senators choose not to attend the convention.

.Who wants to go to Florida at this time with the virus plagued state. Especially when you are an old in age Senator.

"Senators are using the dangers of the coronavirus to distance themselves from the president. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), at 86, the oldest Republican senator, said he would not go. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN) is staying home because, his spokesperson says, “he believes the delegate spots should be reserved” for people who have not attended before. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is not going; neither is Susan Collins (R-ME). Mitt Romney (R-UT) won’t be showing up either. The coronavirus gives them an excellent excuse to socially distance themselves from the president."

A lot of these are older Republicans and some are retiring at the end of the year after many years of service. This president is a jerk, as is well known. You would be a fool to take a chances on dying for him, especially to uselessly try to get him elected. He is toast. Do not kill yourself trying.

These people have the most accurate numbers regarding what's going on with the Trump Virus in the country.
Positive results are going up but the death count is not

many cases of the sniffles or no symptoms at all but few deaths
That is mostly because the fastest growing groups passing the infection is the 21-45 active young people who just are not smart enough, stable enough or disciplined enough to avoid health hazards. Most of the people my age are now taking precautions. The kids pass it around like a social disease with little care if they occasionally pass it on to older relatives or associates. I was posting on here with one of the younger crowd, planning on heading for Atlantic City for the holiday and advised he avoid his parents and grand parents for a week or two after returning. He said he loved his mom and was planning to stop and see her the day he gets back. They are FKN clueless. :auiqs.jpg:

The kids pass it around like a social disease with little care if they occasionally pass it on to older relatives or associates.
The kids are living life the way its supposed to be lived

I am not the all-seeing, all-knowing Dr Fauchi, so I really should not have an independent thought

but I do

and my unapproved thought is that I dont think the chinese disease will ever go away

And we cant stay in hiding for years waiting for it to disappear

These people have the most accurate numbers regarding what's going on with the Trump Virus in the country. No matter what they portray to their base, they know the real deal. That's why they are keeping far from that germfest of a convention.

Only the rabid Kool Aid drinkers will be there. And they will reap the rewards for attending as well. Don't believe me? Just watch...

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
GOP conventions do not attract a lot of blacks. The stores will be safe unless the come to protest (loot). It'll be fine.

Four RINO's are staying home and the left's version is "republican senators keeping social distance from the President". Is it any wonder that nobody believes left wing propaganda any more?

The kids pass it around like a social disease with little care if they occasionally pass it on to older relatives or associates.
The kids are living life the way its supposed to be lived

I am not the all-seeing, all-knowing Dr Fauchi, so I really should not have an independent thought

but I do

and my unapproved thought is that I dont think the chinese disease will ever go away

And we cant stay in hiding for years waiting for it to disappear
I am not either, but if I go in public I go masked and take the other precautions such as distancing, hand sanitizing and other enhanced hygene, wear proper clothing based on the temp and conditions, not for fashion and looking cool. When I have worked in hazardous conditions or doing hazardous activities, I always have taken the appropriate precautions, worn the appropriate clothing and personal protection gear, whether the hazard was chemical, fire fighting, military combat arms duty, rock climbing, white water canoing/kayaking or sleeping with questionable women. It is conservative, but if you have had my lifestyle over the years of my life, you are probably conservative and self disciplined by nature or you are probably not my age and in relatively normal configuration, quite possibly already assumed a much lower state of entropy and are missed my all that knew you. Yes, a lot of my rowdy friends have rowdied on down under and a bunch more are pretty $hitty shape at my age, but I get to keep on keeping on. It doesn't have to be that way. Some people just make bad choices.

Romney would not be safe there.

sleeping with questionable women
Why is it we men often go for the most questionable women?
Alcohol sometimes did it for me! I never really liked big women and that is certainly not what this next sentence is about, but there is a corollary to something I think Mark Twain said, " I have been to the circus and seen an elephant, still I never pass up an opportunity to see and another elephant, as it is truly a strange and mystical beast." When I think back, it is to the "elephants" in my life, be they women, wild rivers, mountains or rock sides, or slopes to come down, and I drink to them all. :beer: Always use protection.

Romney would not be safe there.
73 is no spring chicken, true, but in his case, I just don't think he cares for trump and everything he stands for. I cannot really blame him. It is not like established republicans owe trump anything, is it?

Forum List

Back