Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer’s son charged with manslaughter in car chase that killed sheriff’s deputy

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
The 42-year-old son of U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer was charged Thursday with manslaughter and fleeing an officer after a police pursuit ended in a crash that killed a North Dakota sheriff’s deputy who had just laid a tire deflation device on the road and was taking cover behind his squad car, according to court documents.

Ian Cramer, of Bismarck, was traveling over 100 mph and already had two flat tires when he slammed head-on into Deputy Paul Martin’s squad car on Wednesday, pushing it “directly into Martin’s person and launching him for about 100 feet,” according to charging documents. Martin, 53, was killed.

Ian Cramer’s father, a first-term Republican senator, wrote that his son “suffers from serious mental disorders which manifest in severe paranoia and hallucinations.”

The 42-year-old son of U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer was charged Thursday with manslaughter and fleeing an officer after a police pursuit ended in a crash that killed a North Dakota sheriff’s deputy who had just laid a tire deflation device on the road and was taking cover behind his squad car, according to court documents.

Ian Cramer, of Bismarck, was traveling over 100 mph and already had two flat tires when he slammed head-on into Deputy Paul Martin’s squad car on Wednesday, pushing it “directly into Martin’s person and launching him for about 100 feet,” according to charging documents. Martin, 53, was killed.

Ian Cramer’s father, a first-term Republican senator, wrote that his son “suffers from serious mental disorders which manifest in severe paranoia and hallucinations.”

Why did his Dad allow him to drive if he knew he was a danger behind the wheel?

42 years old is a grown man. Long past old enough to make his own decisions. Not sure at that point what his father is supposed to do about it? Again, the bar to get someone committed for mental disorders is HIGH!.
He'll stand trial for his crime and be sentenced for it. And I'm sure his father will support him. No, I don't want to see the Senator resign. He shouldn't have to.

I wonder how many people Hunter Biden has killed by selling them opiates..... I bet its more than one....

Forum List

Back