Republican plan to fix labor shortage.

Labor shortage causes inflation. Less labor means higher wages, and fewer items manufactured. Both cause an increase in prices we have to pay.
Wrong. Government creating money out of thin air creates inflation. Demand for labor only increases the portion of GDP that goes to labor. Wages increased all through the 19th century with no inflation. In fact, the dollar was worth more in 1914 than it was worth in 1800.

Wrong. Government creating money out of thin air creates inflation. Demand for labor only increases the portion of GDP that goes to labor. Wages increased all through the 19th century with no inflation. In fact, the dollar was worth more in 1914 than it was worth in 1800.
Fewer workers, fewer items to sell. Fewer items means higher price.

It's the sole cause of inflation. But then the Dim politicians will blame it on greedy corporations or Republicans.

Actually there are several factors to inflation. I agree with Bulldog 100% Labor is the largest expenditure of any business and those costs get passed on to us. The only way to attract labor is increased wage offers. But there's more to it than that. Utilities cost a fortune for companies that have to heat these huge buildings or use a lot of electricity to make their products or both. Then there are transportation costs. Gasoline went down but diesel is still at record highs. As a retired truck driver, I can't tell you how much fuel it takes to run a tractor-trailer. And you are correct as well. Printing new phony money also adds to inflation.

Put them all together, it's not a wonder how we hit a 40 year high with inflation.

Fewer workers, fewer items to sell. Fewer items means higher price.
Try learning some economics. Your syllogism is invalid. We have 1% of the number of framers that we had in the year 1800. Does food cost 1000 times more now?

Actually there are several factors to inflation. I agree with Bulldog 100% Labor is the largest expenditure of any business and those costs get passed on to us. The only way to attract labor is increased wage offers. But there's more to it than that. Utilities cost a fortune for companies that have to heat these huge buildings or use a lot of electricity to make their products or both. Then there are transportation costs. Gasoline went down but diesel is still at record highs. As a retired truck driver, I can't tell you how much fuel it takes to run a tractor-trailer. And you are correct as well. Printing new phony money also adds to inflation.

Put them all together, it's not a wonder how we hit a 40 year high with inflation.
Sorry, that just wrong. Printing money is the cause of all systemic inflation.

All those things have had costs since they were first used or invented. The question is why do they suddenly cost more. Your truck-driver economics misses point.

Read "Theory of Money and Credit" if you want to understand how money works.

Sorry, that just wrong. Printing money is the cause of all systemic inflation.

All those things have had costs since they were first used or invented. The question is why do they suddenly cost more. Your truck-driver economics misses point.

Read "Theory of Money and Credit" if you want to understand how money works.

Inflation is the definition of things costing more than they used to. All those factors contributed to our inflation. Yes , they all have had their costs all along, but not this huge increase in costs. Money was printed under Trump, under Obama, and even under Bush and yet we still stayed in the 2% range of inflation. This time is much different.

Inflation is the definition of things costing more than they used to. All those factors contributed to our inflation. Yes , they all have had their costs all along, but not this huge increase in costs. Money was printed under Trump, under Obama, and even under Bush and yet we still stayed in the 2% range of inflation. This time is much different.
Basically what you're saying is that inflation is caused by higher prices. You're begging the question.

Basically what you're saying is that inflation is caused by higher prices. You're begging the question.

Well yes, higher prices that get passed down to the consumer. Like I said, normal inflation is about 2% per year. Something always causes prices to increase. But this time we got hit from every direction. Printing money as you stated, fuel costs, huge labor costs, transportation. Everything hit us at once.

And today the post office is suffering right along employers in the private market. At one time you used to have to know somebody in the PO to get a job there. Today they are so desperate they'll hire anybody willing to take the job. Last month my mail man finally delivered my mail at 7:00 pm. They have to work these people like dogs because they can't find enough help.
ray when i was still working in the PO ten years ago we did not have enough help.....we had 20 routes in our office and 17 carriers....3 of the routes had to divided among the newer carriers to take or whoever wanted the OT.....many carriers were working 10 hours a day,the newer guys maybe 11.....

Are you insinuating that the majority of working Americans approve of their tax dollars paying people to sit around on their asses all day and do nothing?
Yea sure - run on it.

Wouldn't want to insult someone or anything like that.

Well yes, higher prices that get passed down to the consumer. Like I said, normal inflation is about 2% per year. Something always causes prices to increase. But this time we got hit from every direction. Printing money as you stated, fuel costs, huge labor costs, transportation. Everything hit us at once.
Why did the prices get higher? You fail to explain that. What is the something that causes prices to increase? You're saying that prices increases cause inflation.

Forum List

Back