Republican insider cheating to win Georgia governor

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Brian Kemp, the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

ATLANTA (AP) — Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they’re registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery. Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

“I was kind of shocked,” said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls.

“I’ve always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones,” Appling-Nunez said.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor’s race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez’s application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

Tuesday is Georgia’s deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election.

Kemp denies it vehemently.

But through a process that Kemp calls voter roll maintenance and his opponents call voter roll purges, Kemp’s office has cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations since 2012. Nearly 670,000 registrations were cancelled in 2017 alone.

Kemp, who’s also the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

His Democratic opponent, former state Rep. Stacey Abrams, and voting rights advocacy groups charge that Kemp is systematically using his office to suppress votes and tilt the election, and that his policies disproportionately affect black and minority voters.

More: Voting Rights Become A Flashpoint In Georgia Governor's Race

Kemp has been a busy boy - purging voters. Why is it that Republicans are the ones always engaged in some kind of voter suppression? I never hear of Democrats doing it. Why is that?

Why are they being purged?

Oh....nevermind. He's following Georgia law

According to records obtained from Kemp’s office through a public records request, Appling-Nunez’s application —like many of the 53,000 registrations on hold with Kemp’s office — was flagged because it ran afoul of the state’s “exact match” verification process.

Under the policy, information on voter applications must precisely match information on file with the Georgia Department of Driver Services or the Social Security Administration. Election officials can place non-matching applications on hol
d.

Brian Kemp, the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

ATLANTA (AP) — Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they’re registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery. Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

“I was kind of shocked,” said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls.

“I’ve always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones,” Appling-Nunez said.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor’s race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez’s application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

Tuesday is Georgia’s deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election.

But through a process that Kemp calls voter roll maintenance and his opponents call voter roll purges, Kemp’s office has cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations since 2012. Nearly 670,000 registrations were cancelled in 2017 alone.

Kemp, who’s also the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

His Democratic opponent, former state Rep. Stacey Abrams, and voting rights advocacy groups charge that Kemp is systematically using his office to suppress votes and tilt the election, and that his policies disproportionately affect black and minority voters.

Kemp has been a busy boy - purging voters. Why is it that Republicans are the ones always engaged in some kind of voter suppression? I never hear of Democrats doing it. Why is that?

Because it's hard to hear when you head is stuck up your ass.

If he's done something illegal, please post it.

Otherwise STFU.

Otherwise STFU.

It's from Sloping Brow's bible, HuffingPaint....then he wonders why he is constantly mocked

Otherwise STFU.

It's from Sloping Brow's bible, HuffingPaint....then he wonders why he is constantly mocked

He's probably to stupid to know he's being mocked.

Gee I THOUGHT I registered! Now let me vote or I'm going to throw a temper tantrum.

5bbe443225000094003a72ce.jpeg

GOP CANDIDATE HOLDING 53K REGISTRATIONS!

Wow, that's a lot of voter registrations. His opponent is a black woman named Stacey Abrams. Go Stacey!

stacey-abrams-compressor-640x350.jpg

Last edited:

Uhm you ever see the list of mayor's of Atlanta? Cheating of course you have to go back to the 1879's to find a republican mayor

24 William L. Calhoun 1879 1881 1 Democratic
24 James W. English 1881 1883 1 Democratic
25 John B. Goodwin(1st term) 1883 1885 1 Democratic
26 George Hillyer 1885 1887 1 Democratic
27 John T. Cooper 1887 1889 1 Democratic
28 John T. Glenn 1889 1891 1 Democratic
29 William Hemphill 1891 1893 1 Democratic
30 John B. Goodwin(2nd term) 1893 1895 1 Democratic
31 Porter King 1895 1897 1 Democratic
32 Charles Collier 1897 1899 1 Democratic
33 James G. Woodward(1st term) 1899 1901 1 Democratic
34 Livingston Mims 1901 1903 1 Democratic
35 Evan Howell 1903 1905 1 Democratic
36 James G. Woodward(2nd term) 1905 1907 1 Democratic
37 Walthall R. Joyner 1907 1909 1 Democratic
38 Robert Maddox 1909 1911 1 Democratic
39 Courtland Winn 1911 1913 1 Democratic
40 James G. Woodward(3rd term) 1913 1917 2 Democratic
41 Asa Griggs Candler 1917 1919 1 Democratic
42 James L. Key (1st term) 1919 1923 2 Democratic
43 Walter Sims 1923 1927 2 Democratic
44 Isaac N. Ragsdale 1927 1931 2 Democratic
45 James L. Key (2nd term) 1931 1937 3 Democratic
46 William B. Hartsfield(1st term) 1937 1941 2 Democratic
47 Roy LeCraw 1941 1942 1⁄2 Democratic
48 William B. Hartsfield(2nd term) 1942 1962 6 Democratic
49 Ivan Allen Jr. 1962 1970 2 Democratic
50 Sam Massell 1970 1974 1 Democratic
51 Maynard Jackson(1st term) 1974 1982 2 Democratic
52 Andrew Young 1982 1990 2 Democratic
53 Maynard Jackson(2nd term) 1990 1994 1 Democratic
54 Bill Campbell 1994 2002 2 Democratic
55 Shirley Franklin 2002 2010 2 Democratic
56 Kasim Reed 2010 2018 2 Democratic
57 Keisha Lance Bottoms 2018 Incumbent democratic

Uhm you ever see the list of mayor's of Atlanta? Cheating of course you have to go back to the 1879's to find a republican mayor

Did they all purge/suppress votes to win?

Sounds like the pubs are playing like the tards…

I guess you have to fight fire with fire....

100 years of gerrymandering like chicago..

100 years of gerrymandering like chicago..

What Brian Kemp is doing is not gerrymandering - it's voter purging. Can't you follow the thread topic?

Forum List

Back