Republican Controlled House fails to pass law to protect US against Ebola threat!

Stopping air travel to and from those countries would be a start but the southern border is wide open. So is the border with Canada. Less so of course but still very porous.

Yes.
The left wants the illegals to exploit for votes and cheap labor.
Conservatives want the border closed. No excuses.

k2lo9c.jpg

Obama hasn't even talked about restricting anyone. Why does no one look to him for solutions? Maybe because they know he isn't on top of things. He keeps claiming that you can't get Ebola from sitting next to someone while travelling.

Even if one stopped direct flights from certain countries, it would be nothing at all for an infected person to fly to a country that wasn't on the list and board a plane for America.

You have never traveled internationally, have you?
You don't even have a passport, do you?
travelers can be traced from embarkation to final destination..Don't kid yourself.

Alas never been off the continent. Passports up and coming though; my daughter and family moved to Sweden this year YAY! Bucket list is growing daily. I'm dying to see Europe.

If one had really effective screenings at airports it would help but there is that old human factor.

I was listening to an interview with a CNN reporter yesterday and she just whizzed thru the Atlanta airport terminal flying in from Liberia.

She was just horrified that no one knew what to do. No screening whatsoever. I'll try to get a link.

Make no mistake that Congress, and only Congress, has the power to “regulate commerce “with foreign Nations” [Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3].

From available information I have gathered it is only too clear that an infected person traveling to the United States in an airplane or ship can transmit and infect other passengers by sneezing or coughing or physically coming in contact with them.

SEE:Droplets from coughs and sneezes travel farther than you think

"It is common knowledge that when we cough or sneeze, we should cover our mouth and nose with a tissue to prevent germs from becoming airborne. Now, new research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology suggests this instruction is more important than ever; they found that droplets from coughs or sneezes can travel up to 200 times farther than previously thought."

Also see: Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?

”Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.”

So, the Ebola virus can be transmitted by an infected person coughing or sneezing while in transit to the United States in an airplane or ship. And it also seems quite clear that contaminated particulate matter from a cough or sneeze can travel a considerable distance through the air, much farther than originally thought, and if it lands on a non-infected person’s eyes, mouth, or is breathed in, that person may become infected.

It is also important to note that Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed

Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeys housed in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston.

Now, with all this information available which establishes people traveling to the United States who are carriers of the Ebola virus present a clear and present danger to America's population, why has the Republican controlled House failed to pass legislation which is designed to protect America’s population from foreign commerce? And, this same question applies to the Democrat controlled Senate!

JWK

When will the America People realize we have a Muslim terrorist enabler in the Whitehouse? Will the American People come to this conclusion when terrorist activities begin in our southern Border States or cities like New York City?
Hey stupid
congress
[n. kong-gris; v. kuh n-gres, kuh ng-] Spell Syllables
noun
(initial capital letter)
  1. the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate,or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house,as a continuous institution.
You forgot about the SENATE

my my, look what I ran across:

SNIP:
CDC preparedness funds take hit in proposed 2014 budget
Filed Under:
Influenza, General
;
Pandemic Influenza
;
Bioterrorism
;
Business Preparedness
;
Public Health
By:
Robert Roos
|
Apr 10, 2013

Apr 10, 2013 (CIDRAP News) – The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) takes a hit of about $270 million in the Obama administration's proposed fiscal year 2014 budget, including significant cuts to biodefense and emergency preparedness programs, officials revealed today.
CDC Director Tom Frieden, MD, speaking at a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) press conference, said the "overall program budget would come down by about $270 million" under the budget proposal, compared with spending in fiscal year 2012.
Total spending for fiscal year 2013, which ends Sep 30, has not yet been determined, in the wake of "sequestration" cuts that took effect in March. Richard Hamburg, deputy director of the Trust for America's Health, a nonpartisan advocacy group, said legislation passed in March gave agencies 30 days to present their spending plans for the rest of the fiscal year, and HHS has not yet presented its plan.
"We see the future; we haven't seen the present yet," Hamburg told CIDRAP News. "Any time you're releasing a new budget before spending for the current year is finalized, it makes it a little confusing."
The 2014 HHS budget summary, released today, lists $1.33 billion for CDC biodefense and emergency preparedness activities, down $48 million from the 2012 level. That includes $658 million for Public Health and Emergency Preparedness grants to the states, an $8 million decrease.
Also, the proposed allocation for the Strategic National Stockpile of emergency medical supplies is $510 million, which is $38 million less than in 2012, according to the budget summary. And the listed amount for the CDC's core preparedness and response capability for public health emergencies is $166 million, down by $1 million from 2012.

ALL of it here:
CDC preparedness funds take hit in proposed 2014 budget CIDRAP

There will be no effort to control Ebola until after the November elections. Until then, too much potential for it to be turned into martial law quarantining everyone to their homes and canceling the election. While that cancellation probably won't happen the Democrat Party just can't bring itself to waste a crisis - even a mere potential crisis.

Nope.

No effort whatsoever.

The answer actually lay at the feet of the state legislatures. They're the ones who've Gerrymandered us in to this extremist corner.

Here it is.

Speaking to HLN on Monday, Cohen described what happened when she was going through customs at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

“I expected that they were going to take my temperature, they were going to ask me lots of questions, but they didn’t,” Cohen said.

Cohen explained she told the airport official that she just came back from Liberia covering the Ebola outbreak.

“I said, ‘I’m a journalist. I’ve come back from Liberia, I was covering Ebola.’ And the gentleman who was helping me – the officer – he started to hand my passport back and said, ‘Welcome home,’ but instead said, ‘Wait a second, I got an email about passengers like you. Hold on a second.’”

Cohen continued: “And he went and conferred with someone and he didn’t know and they conferred with someone else. And in the end he said, ‘You need to watch yourself for signs of Ebola.’ And I said, ‘Well, what am I watching out for?’ and he couldn’t tell me.”

Cohen’s producer and photojournalist were also not told of the signs to check for.

“I was travelling with two colleagues – a photojournalist and a producer – and they weren’t told anything and they also said they were journalists who had been covering Ebola,” Cohen told HLN. “So we were all kind of shocked and pretty horrified at the lack of screening in U.S. airports.”

CNN Reporter 8216 Shocked And Pretty Horrified At The Lack Of Screening 8217 For Ebola In US Airports CBS Atlanta

Well it was only a matter of time before they blamed Republicans, Remember when it first hit here it was Rick Perry's fault

I swear that Obama, there is nothing ever his fault. EVEN after SIX FIKKEN YEARS

I don't remember that. But now that you mention it..............

Here it is.

Speaking to HLN on Monday, Cohen described what happened when she was going through customs at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

“I expected that they were going to take my temperature, they were going to ask me lots of questions, but they didn’t,” Cohen said.

Cohen explained she told the airport official that she just came back from Liberia covering the Ebola outbreak.

“I said, ‘I’m a journalist. I’ve come back from Liberia, I was covering Ebola.’ And the gentleman who was helping me – the officer – he started to hand my passport back and said, ‘Welcome home,’ but instead said, ‘Wait a second, I got an email about passengers like you. Hold on a second.’”

Cohen continued: “And he went and conferred with someone and he didn’t know and they conferred with someone else. And in the end he said, ‘You need to watch yourself for signs of Ebola.’ And I said, ‘Well, what am I watching out for?’ and he couldn’t tell me.”

Cohen’s producer and photojournalist were also not told of the signs to check for.

“I was travelling with two colleagues – a photojournalist and a producer – and they weren’t told anything and they also said they were journalists who had been covering Ebola,” Cohen told HLN. “So we were all kind of shocked and pretty horrified at the lack of screening in U.S. airports.”

CNN Reporter 8216 Shocked And Pretty Horrified At The Lack Of Screening 8217 For Ebola In US Airports CBS Atlanta

Aren't the airport screeners federal civil service employees that belong to a union?

The CDC is swimming in money. They just have decided to spend more money on stupid projects like studying robot squirrels.

Typical over bloated government agency. Just like the NIH.

They apparently spent $1.5 million to try to figure out why lesbians get fatter than homosexuals.

Make no mistake that Congress, and only Congress, has the power to “regulate commerce “with foreign Nations” [Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3].

From available information I have gathered it is only too clear that an infected person traveling to the United States in an airplane or ship can transmit and infect other passengers by sneezing or coughing or physically coming in contact with them.

SEE:Droplets from coughs and sneezes travel farther than you think

"It is common knowledge that when we cough or sneeze, we should cover our mouth and nose with a tissue to prevent germs from becoming airborne. Now, new research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology suggests this instruction is more important than ever; they found that droplets from coughs or sneezes can travel up to 200 times farther than previously thought."

Also see: Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?

”Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.”

So, the Ebola virus can be transmitted by an infected person coughing or sneezing while in transit to the United States in an airplane or ship. And it also seems quite clear that contaminated particulate matter from a cough or sneeze can travel a considerable distance through the air, much farther than originally thought, and if it lands on a non-infected person’s eyes, mouth, or is breathed in, that person may become infected.

It is also important to note that Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed

Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeys housed in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston.

Now, with all this information available which establishes people traveling to the United States who are carriers of the Ebola virus present a clear and present danger to America's population, why has the Republican controlled House failed to pass legislation which is designed to protect America’s population from foreign commerce? And, this same question applies to the Democrat controlled Senate!

JWK

When will the America People realize we have a Muslim terrorist enabler in the Whitehouse? Will the American People come to this conclusion when terrorist activities begin in our southern Border States or cities like New York City?

Maybe ask the ACLU and Obama administration

ACLU Airlines Pushed Obama To Lift Quarantine Rules On Sick Travelers - Downtrend

Forum List

Back