Representative Jim Jordan destroys the "points of entry" misconception

Not by much

I'd be willing to find out. It beats the hell out of a lot of other shit we waste our treasure on. You know, like giving away 40-50 billion a year to other countries.
Well I suspect you’d be willing the burn the country down tomget what you want, so I don’t doubt you.

Do you think it's fair to compare more border fortifications to burning the country down?
The tactic you use of driving the nation to the brink of ccivil war, certainly.

?

Not by much

I'd be willing to find out. It beats the hell out of a lot of other shit we waste our treasure on. You know, like giving away 40-50 billion a year to other countries.
Well I suspect you’d be willing the burn the country down tomget what you want, so I don’t doubt you.

Do you think it's fair to compare more border fortifications to burning the country down?
The tactic you use of driving the nation to the brink of ccivil war, certainly.

?
:rolleyes:

We seize a lot more drugs in locations that have fortified border security.

HMMMMM...

th
We catch most drugs at places where vehicles carrying massive amounts of drugs are able to enter the country.

Take a look at a map sometime. Plenty of roads in the open desert. Moron.

The overwhelming parroted response from the left is that "Most illegals and drugs come through the points of entry, so we don't need a wall."

During an Oversight Committee hearing Representative Jim Jordan(R) demolishes this fallacy as he questions some high-level Border patrol Agents. The truth is, there are more drugs and illegals flowing across the border than there are through the points of entry.

He makes a very good point...

Jim Jordan has thrown the entirety of the border patrol under the bus, as he thinks their massive wall, patrolling, and detection operations should be catching more than 10% of all drugs that come in, if only they had a few more walls :rolleyes:

The number is accurate. Maybe it would tick down a couple points if a few more mules carrying a few pounds of cocaine were caught. But sending people to hike for days or weeks carrying a few pounds of drugs in the hopes that they and the drugs make it, and aren’t just sold for a new life in the U.S. — only a stupid or desperate drug dealer would choose that.

You underestimate the resourcefulness of the drug cartels. Do you think they like the idea of their shipments getting confiscated at the points of entry as they so often do with the majority of law-enforcement's attention focused there? That's not how they they in business.

So they send juan with a backpack off into the unknown? No, those are the methods of broke and extinct cartels.

How many of the drug cartels are out of business and broke because all their drugs have been seized at POEs? In how many cities has the price of illegal narcotics soared out of control because the supply chain has been disrupted at POEs? Perhaps you might ponder what all that means.

The overwhelming parroted response from the left is that "Most illegals and drugs come through the points of entry, so we don't need a wall."

During an Oversight Committee hearing Representative Jim Jordan(R) demolishes this fallacy as he questions some high-level Border patrol Agents. The truth is, there are more drugs and illegals flowing across the border than there are through the points of entry.

Jim Jordan has thrown the entirety of the border patrol under the bus, as he thinks their massive wall, patrolling, and detection operations should be catching more than 10% of all drugs that come in, if only they had a few more walls :rolleyes:

The number is accurate. Maybe it would tick down a couple points if a few more mules carrying a few pounds of cocaine were caught. But sending people to hike for days or weeks carrying a few pounds of drugs in the hopes that they and the drugs make it, and aren’t just sold for a new life in the U.S. — only a stupid or desperate drug dealer would choose that.

You underestimate the resourcefulness of the drug cartels. Do you think they like the idea of their shipments getting confiscated at the points of entry as they so often do with the majority of law-enforcement's attention focused there? That's not how they they in business.

So they send juan with a backpack off into the unknown? No, those are the methods of broke and extinct cartels.

How many of the drug cartels are out of business and broke because all their drugs have been seized at POEs? In how many cities has the price of illegal narcotics soared out of control because the supply chain has been disrupted at POEs? Perhaps you might ponder what all that means.

It means tons of drugs, literally tons, get through POE’s. What a stupid comment you made.

You underestimate the resourcefulness of the drug cartels

I'd say it is YOU who do that.

I have tools in my shed that could cut through any wall in less than an hour. You think drug cartels don't have that and more?

I have tools in my shed that could cut through any wall in less than an hour. You think drug cartels don't have that and more?

Its not just the drug cartels, its the hoards of desperate people in caravans trying to sneak in. The wall also has video and roads to provide quick access for the border patrol. The border patrol says walls work, that's good enough for me.

Its not just the drug cartels, its the hoards of desperate people in caravans trying to sneak in. The wall also has video and roads to provide quick access for the border patrol. The border patrol says walls work, that's good enough for me.

The NSA says that spying on Americans works and keep us safe...is that good enough for you as well?

The left keeps parroting a falsehood about drugs interdicted. The truth is that 90% of the drugs SEIZED are at the ports of entry. That doesn't count the drugs NOT SEIZED, such as around the POEs, or flown in, or boated in, etc. We need that wall and more border guards and more technology, i.e. all of the above options.

Great . So you agree trumps sea to sea wall is a waste of money . Won’t do crap against planes and boats .

The fact remains, We have a wide-open southern border with no border security. The vast majority of diseased illegal aliens, drugs flow across the border undetected... And no one knows how much. Going off the numbers that are caught or detected is fuzzy math...

Walls don’t work, that why no wealthy Liberals have walls around their homes and no Democratic events have walls or security...they just don’t work.

Deleted 6 off topic posts.

Jordans legal difficulties have nothing to do with the OP.

Stay on topic

Actually he has no clue what he is talking about. The DEA has cited the POEs as problems in their annual report. The weapons that was on display when Trump went to the border were seized at POEs. The reason for using POEs is simple. You can smuggle far more drugs in a tractor-trailer than you can over the border. People can only carry so much.

The left keeps parroting a falsehood about drugs interdicted. The truth is that 90% of the drugs SEIZED are at the ports of entry. That doesn't count the drugs NOT SEIZED, such as around the POEs, or flown in, or boated in, etc. We need that wall and more border guards and more technology, i.e. all of the above options.

How does a wall stop planes and boats?

So what. The fact is that the overwhelming majority of the drugs and illegals come in through the wide open expanses of desert because they are ...well, you know....WIDE OPEN!

Why risk getting caught when you can traipse through the open desert.

Duh...

The trouble is that people can only carry so much. You can smuggle much more through POEs. It is the DEA that cites the POEs. I suppose they don't know what they are talking about.

The fact remains, We have a wide-open southern border with no border security. The vast majority of diseased illegal aliens, drugs flow across the border undetected... And no one knows how much. Going off the numbers that are caught or detected is fuzzy math...

Cite the statistics. The DEA says POEs are the problem and they are professionals.

Find out what Border Patrol wants, whether it is a full wall, wall sections, more advanced technology. It is obvious no one on this board knows what the hell is needed to not needed and it looks like Washington DC is totally clueless.

Cite the statistics. The DEA says POEs are the problem and they are professionals.
The vast majority of drugs and diseased illegal aliens get across undetected, The stats are fuzzy math at best.
Shit flows downhill and goes were the least resistance is... that’s called a wide-open southern border with no border security

How does a wall stop planes and boats?
Anyone could drive a cross open ground, The fact remains we have a wide-open southern border with no border security.
warning-signs-near-international-border-lukeville-arizonausa-near-A9136X.jpg

Most of the open southern border is wide open and smugglers can drive a fucking convoys through it without anyone knowing

Forum List

Back