Representative Jim Jordan destroys the "points of entry" misconception

Complex-problems-picture.jpg

Yeah the signs are going to stop a lot of people, criminals always follow the law... lol

A. Most drug smuggling and most illegal immigration occurs at points of entry.

B. A wall is a joke. You're "fixing" a "problem" with a very expensive failure.

I could breach a wall in less than an hour with tools from my shed. You think human traffickers and drug cartels can't?

And that avoids the fact that A. is the reality

Oh and for the most part what drugs DO come across the areas where you want to build a wall is low grade marijuana.

Are ya kidding me?

You underestimate the resourcefulness of the drug cartels

I'd say it is YOU who do that.

I have tools in my shed that could cut through any wall in less than an hour. You think drug cartels don't have that and more?

Its not just the drug cartels, its the hoards of desperate people in caravans trying to sneak in. The wall also has video and roads to provide quick access for the border patrol. The border patrol says walls work, that's good enough for me.

The NSA says that spying on Americans works and keep us safe...is that good enough for you as well?

Non-sequiter. We're discussing building walls to protect US citizens from drug cartels and diseased migrants, as requested by the border guards.

The left keeps parroting a falsehood about drugs interdicted. The truth is that 90% of the drugs SEIZED are at the ports of entry. That doesn't count the drugs NOT SEIZED, such as around the POEs, or flown in, or boated in, etc. We need that wall and more border guards and more technology, i.e. all of the above options.

Great . So you agree trumps sea to sea wall is a waste of money . Won’t do crap against planes and boats .

Agreed. My brother was in the AF near the southern border and they could track the drug planes coming over from Central America, but they were forbidden from informing DEA or local police. That policy needs to be changed.

I have tools in my shed that could cut through any wall in less than an hour. You think drug cartels don't have that and more?

Its not just the drug cartels, its the hoards of desperate people in caravans trying to sneak in. The wall also has video and roads to provide quick access for the border patrol. The border patrol says walls work, that's good enough for me.

The NSA says that spying on Americans works and keep us safe...is that good enough for you as well?

Non-sequiter. We're discussing building walls to protect US citizens from drug cartels and diseased migrants, as requested by the border guards.

And they are spying on us to protect US citizens from terrorist and communist, as requested by the NSA

I could breach a wall in less than an hour with tools from my shed. You think human traffickers and drug cartels can't?

Oh and for the most part what drugs DO come across the areas where you want to build a wall is low grade marijuana.

Are ya kidding me?

1. You have no clue where most drug smuggling occurs, only where they are mostly "seized".
2. The BP says walls work, that's good enough for me
3. Bullshit, unless you have a sawsall in your shed. Most migrants can't lug sawsalls, they can barely walk.
4. Agreed POAs have a lot of drug traffic, but not the only traffic
5. The wall will stop most migrants, that are coming in droves 76,000 a month on avg,

And they are spying on us to protect US citizens from terrorist and communist, as requested by the NSA

You mean as requested by the community organizer? Barack Obama on mass surveillance - Wikipedia

Is Edward Snowden a hero or a traitor?

You mean as requested by the community organizer? Barack Obama on mass surveillance - Wikipedia

It was started under Bush II with the almost unanimous passing of the Patriot Act, continued under Obama and is still happening toady.

That you try to blame it all on Obama is disappointing.

He is a traitor as he took far more than what he needed to expose the spying, over 900,000 documents. To include documents from our closet allies. Then he fled to a country is one of our biggest rivals and now lives there. If you think Russia gave him asylum for nothing in exchange, you really are naive.

It was started under Bush II with the almost unanimous passing of the Patriot Act, continued under Obama and is still happening today.

He is a traitor as he took far more than what he needed to expose the spying, over 900,000 documents. To include documents from our closet allies. Then he fled to a country is one of our biggest rivals and now lives there. If you think Russia gave him asylum for nothing in exchange, you really are naive.

That expired in 2007, nice try though. President's Surveillance Program - Wikipedia

See the above link, its a wiki Obama-fact, nothing I made up. Obama could have stopped it instead of enhancing it (per Snowden if true)

It was started under Bush II with the almost unanimous passing of the Patriot Act, continued under Obama and is still happening today.

That expired in 2007, nice try though. President's Surveillance Program - Wikipedia

See the above link, its a wiki Obama-fact, nothing I made up. Obama could have stopped it instead of enhancing it (per Snowden if true)

Yes, as I said in a different thread, Obama continued the practice from the previous administration. Why do you give the Repub a free pass and blame it all on Obama? (you do not need to answer, the answer is obvious)

So, do you find Snowden to be a hero or a traitor?

Folks, there is but one question, if most drugs come through ports of entry, why are our streets lined with illegal drugs? No one has answered that nor has any congressional leaders asked the question

The left keeps parroting a falsehood about drugs interdicted. The truth is that 90% of the drugs SEIZED are at the ports of entry. That doesn't count the drugs NOT SEIZED, such as around the POEs, or flown in, or boated in, etc. We need that wall and more border guards and more technology, i.e. all of the above options.

Breaking: The fake news claims 100% of drug smugglers are caught, out of those who are apprehended. True story but they forgot to print that last part.

Are ya kidding me?

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, aside from some sound bytes you parroted from your sock-puppet media. I would have to say that Representative Jordan and those committee members know far more about the Mexican drug problem than you ever will.

Yes, as I said in a different thread, Obama continued the practice from the previous administration. Why do you give the Repub a free pass and blame it all on Obama? (you do not need to answer, the answer is obvious)

So, do you find Snowden to be a hero or a traitor?

After 911 I was all for using the NSA as much as possible, I'm a very dull family guy, nothing to hide, surveillance all you want.
I also recall when the FBI had a surveillance program called "carnivore", Carnivore (software) - Wikipedia

So I take your point, both parties' admins used and approved of mass surveillance programs, not just Obama's and Clinton's.

Snowden was a very smart under-educated overpaid NSA analyst, per the movie anyway. I'm a lot more mercenary than he was, if I'm following orders and getting paid well, I'm good. If he wanted to be a whistleblower there were better ways to do it. So he's a traitor as far as I know. Then again, I don't trust Clapper or Komrad Brennan either.

Forum List

Back