Report: U.S. using contractors in Iraq at unprecedented rate

Yeah, as I understand it, there is at LEAST one contractor there for every servicemember.

The GOP privatized the profits and socialized the losses. America paid in money and lives so these contractors could profit. This is why you should never try to profit from a war. It makes war a good thing.

The GOP privatized the profits and socialized the losses. America paid in money and lives so these contractors could profit. This is why you should never try to profit from a war. It makes war a good thing.

You are truly ignorant as hell. After the Soviet Union fell it became a process of seeing who could cut the military the most. They got rid of all kind of Military occupation Specialties and combined more. They shifted a lot of the support jobs to reserves and National Guard units.

Some where in that process somebody got the idea contracting out was cheaper. And they sold it to the Highest level. That is why we have contractors. And the Democrats are JUST as responsible for that as the Republicans. It is not some new turn of events. It started in the 80's and grew from there to the present day problem that without those contractors combat troops would have to be doing those jobs.

One third of the Army is National Guard. By design. All the plans include the call up of the Guard when any division goes anywhere. Every Division has one of its three brigades as a National Guard Brigade. And a lot of the support jobs in a war or conflict were shifted to the Guard or the Reserves. No one wants to call out the reserves so they contract those jobs out.

Go to ANY US base and you will see it in practice. While the cooks are still generally military the entire staff that run the chow halls are paid contractors and in a lot of cases the cooks are contractors as well with Military cooks in charge. The base functions are almost completely civilian now.

As I recall an example of this shift is accute in for example Graves registry. The army shift the entire mos to reserves. They can not go to war without them and no one wants to openly activate the Reserves. So they play games and "selectively" activate certain Individual reserves and contract the rest out.

You are truly ignorant as hell. After the Soviet Union fell it became a process of seeing who could cut the military the most. They got rid of all kind of Military occupation Specialties and combined more. They shifted a lot of the support jobs to reserves and National Guard units.

Some where in that process somebody got the idea contracting out was cheaper. And they sold it to the Highest level. That is why we have contractors. And the Democrats are JUST as responsible for that as the Republicans. It is not some new turn of events. It started in the 80's and grew from there to the present day problem that without those contractors combat troops would have to be doing those jobs.

One third of the Army is National Guard. By design. All the plans include the call up of the Guard when any division goes anywhere. Every Division has one of its three brigades as a National Guard Brigade. And a lot of the support jobs in a war or conflict were shifted to the Guard or the Reserves. No one wants to call out the reserves so they contract those jobs out.

Go to ANY US base and you will see it in practice. While the cooks are still generally military the entire staff that run the chow halls are paid contractors and in a lot of cases the cooks are contractors as well with Military cooks in charge. The base functions are almost completely civilian now.

As I recall an example of this shift is accute in for example Graves registry. The army shift the entire mos to reserves. They can not go to war without them and no one wants to openly activate the Reserves. So they play games and "selectively" activate certain Individual reserves and contract the rest out.

The GOP spread us thin in Iraq and Afganistan so they could call in their no bid buddies for some cushy Pentagon Defense contracts. Shit that isn't even fully developed got bankrolled. Tanks that flip over at 30 mph. I've seen enough to know we are being fleeced. And I know you won't see it even if it is happening right under your nose, because it is! And you don't see it.

I've seen enough stories about corrupt contracts given to loyal Republicans. The Pentagon is filled with loyal Bushies. They are emptying the treasury. Proving government doesn't work so they can outsource for 10 times the $. If wars didn't cost enough already, think of the costs now that we are paying blackwater employees $200K a year when we used to pay a grunt $30K to do the same job.

The GOP spread us thin in Iraq and Afganistan so they could call in their no bid buddies for some cushy Pentagon Defense contracts. Shit that isn't even fully developed got bankrolled. Tanks that flip over at 30 mph. I've seen enough to know we are being fleeced. And I know you won't see it even if it is happening right under your nose, because it is! And you don't see it.

I've seen enough stories about corrupt contracts given to loyal Republicans. The Pentagon is filled with loyal Bushies. They are emptying the treasury. Proving government doesn't work so they can outsource for 10 times the $. If wars didn't cost enough already, think of the costs now that we are paying blackwater employees $200K a year when we used to pay a grunt $30K to do the same job.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. You are a waste of human sperm.

Forum List

Back