Zone1 REPARATION NOW! The US Owes $350,000 To Every Black American

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost because black people didn't show up for him.
Just as much because he didn't punch back at the reprehensible Willie Horton ads.
Bush actually got a LOWER percentage of the white vote than Reagan enjoyed. Dukakis had a better showing with white folks than Mondale, or Carter the second time he ran.

View attachment 839535

Of course, you are right, in that the GOP has been appealling to the worst instincts of White People since Tricky Dick. It's easier to kick down than to punch up, which is probably why you enjoy being a racist so much.
The Willy Horton ads raised legitimate issues. A man serving life without parole should not be give a weekend furlough. Also, a lot of voters did not want want a man who belonged to the ACLU to nominate justices for the Supreme Court. I know I didn't. I want hanging judges on all the courts.

I voted for Dukakis in the Democrat primary. The Willy Horton ads persuaded me not to vote for him in the general election. I did not vote for Bush I either. 1988 was the only time I did not vote for a president.

I liked Bush I and agreed with statement that Reagan's economic policies were Voodoo Economics. Bush I lost my respect for him when he decided to run as Reagan's running mate. Still, I liked the way he handled the Gulf War.

As far as the black vote is concerned, when most Negroes were not allowed to vote, in obvious violation of the Fifteenth Amendment, the Democrat Party dominated the United States.

As for sex... sexual insecurity is something we all need to get over. Free sex means women had more agency, which is what really terrified some men.
Women are less likely to enjoy casual sex and sexual variety than men. This is not social conditioning, but instinct. The sexual revolution has made it difficult for women to say "No."

The Willy Horton ads raised legitimate issues. A man serving life without parole should not be give a weekend furlough. Also, a lot of voters did not want want a man who belonged to the ACLU to nominate justices for the Supreme Court. I know I didn't. I want hanging judges on all the courts.

I voted for Dukakis in the Democrat primary. The Willy Horton ads persuaded me not to vote for him in the general election. I did not vote for Bush I either. 1988 was the only time I did not vote for a president.

I liked Bush I and agreed with statement that Reagan's economic policies were Voodoo Economics. Bush I lost my respect for him when he decided to run as Reagan's running mate. Still, I liked the way he handled the Gulf War.

As far as the black vote is concerned, when most Negroes were not allowed to vote, in obvious violation of the Fifteenth Amendment, the Democrat Party dominated the United States.

agreed with statement that Reagan's economic policies were Voodoo Economics.

Yeah, Bush was clueless when it came to economics. Glad he lost.

agreed with statement that Reagan's economic policies were Voodoo Economics.

Yeah, Bush was clueless when it came to economics. Glad he lost.
Reagan's economic policies were voodoo economics. Reagan had to learn the hard way that he could not balance the budget by cutting taxes for the rich while raising military spending.

Reagan's economic policies were voodoo economics. Reagan had to learn the hard way that he could not balance the budget by cutting taxes for the rich while raising military spending.

Bush was an idiot and a backstabber.
If Dems had kept their agreement and cut spending like they promised, clueless
idiots would complain less about Reaganomics.

The late honorable John Conyers, D-Michigan, first introduced a billto congress in 1989, H.R.3745 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act. Conyers said this about hisproposed legislation: “My bill does four things: It acknowledges thefundamental injustice and inhumanity of slavery; It establishes a commissionto study slavery, its subsequent racial and economic discrimination againstfreed slaves; It studies the impact of those forces on today’s living AfricanAmericans; and the commission would then make recommendations toCongress on appropriate remedies to redress the harm inflicted on living African Americans.”

Conyers introduced this bill in every Congress until he left the bodyin 2017. For 28 years, American lawmakers refused to pass this legislation. Instead, the American right dishonestly distorted the issue. At every level,the American government owes reparations to not only descendants of slaves, but due to continuing acts of racism, all black citizens of this country. We hear the excuses of how we weren’t slaves and whites today didn’t own slaves. Well, the argument or demand has nothing to do with what or who individual whites owned. The demand is for reparations from the government(s) that made the laws and policies.

Many who argue against reparations start and end their oppositionbased only on slavery. That is a mistake.

Fuck you

It was awful!

Murderers who get furlough and then rape and stab shouldn't be used in a commercial.

Much, much worse than giving furlough to a murderer.
Rapists should not be front runners for the Republican presidential nomination.

It was awful!

Murderers who get furlough and then rape and stab shouldn't be used in a commercial.

Much, much worse than giving furlough to a murderer.

Except Dukakis didn't initiate the furlough program, his Republican predecessor did. Then, the courts ruled that it should be open to all prisoners, not just those who will be released.

The Furlough program in principle, made sense. You have prisoners who will be released; you don't want to throw them back into society cold turkey. You want them to be able to integrate back into society so they don't re-offend. The problem was, the way the law was written, people who had no chance of parole were eligible and sued to take advantage of the program.

Dukakis reformed the system. The problem was he didn't punch back at Bush's lies.

Yes, we all know you are against civil liberties for the other guy, Hector. You just better hope that some day, we don't decide racists like you don't deserve rights. Germany and the UK already lock people like you up for being racists.

No one believes you are that old, Hector.

Actually, I was so pissed off about the Gulf War that I didn't reenlist for the third time. We have no business over there. We have no business taking out whoever the Zionist Entity is afraid of this week. (The Jews manipulated us into that war, prior to that, Saddam was our ally.) The Zionists finally got what they wanted, and they are furious about it. Iran controls Iraq and Syria and Lebanon now.

Um, not really. From 1865 to 1931, the GOP dominated the country, even though they turned a blind eye when Southern Conservatives revoked the right to vote. From 1931 to 1968, Democrats dominated with a coalition of White working-class and black voters. Then, in 1968, the Republicans went full-on racist, and they dominated politics until 1992. The only reason they are still clinging to power now is that they cheat. But with white people shrinking as a percentage, it's diminishing returns, baby. Younger generations are more likely to be racially tolerant. Heck, I can't tell you how many white kids I saw wearing BLM T-shirts in 2020.

Women are less likely to enjoy casual sex and sexual variety than men. This is not social conditioning, but instinct. The sexual revolution has made it difficult for women to say "No."

Look, man, just because women run away from you doesn't mean they don't enjoy some sexy times. (You could try avoiding saying creepy things like "I find Oriental Women attractive!)

Here's the reality. Before the sexual revolution, women were expected to be barefoot and pregnant, and if you married a slug, too bad, you were stuck with him.

After the sexual revolution, freed from the risk of unplanned pregnancy, women could shop around and find men who were more compatible.

Bush was an idiot and a backstabber.
If Dems had kept their agreement and cut spending like they promised, clueless
idiots would complain less about Reaganomics.

Here's the thing. Supply side IS Voodoo economics. Reagan figured that out by 1986, when he backed tax reform after tripling the national debt in 8 years with minimal economic gains. So he signed on to tax increases that rolled back some of the tax breaks he gave to the rich.

This infuriated the flat earth wing of the GOP, of course. So Bush had to promise "No New Taxes" and got gobsmacked when the S&L crisis mandated them.

Taxes are too low, especially on the wealthy. Instead of saving money we ran up 33 Trillion in debt, with huge obligations now that the Boomers who carried the economy this far are retiring.

No rapist is running.
E. Jean Carroll won her rape trial, so yeah, Trump is a rapist.

Except Dukakis didn't initiate the furlough program, his Republican predecessor did. Then, the courts ruled that it should be open to all prisoners, not just those who will be released.

The Furlough program in principle, made sense. You have prisoners who will be released; you don't want to throw them back into society cold turkey. You want them to be able to integrate back into society so they don't re-offend. The problem was, the way the law was written, people who had no chance of parole were eligible and sued to take advantage of the program.

Dukakis reformed the system. The problem was he didn't punch back at Bush's lies.

If that's the case and he didn't rewrite the law to exclude murderers with life sentences, he's an idiot.

He was so weak on crime; he couldn't punch back at the facts.

Here's the thing. Supply side IS Voodoo economics. Reagan figured that out by 1986, when he backed tax reform after tripling the national debt in 8 years with minimal economic gains. So he signed on to tax increases that rolled back some of the tax breaks he gave to the rich.

This infuriated the flat earth wing of the GOP, of course. So Bush had to promise "No New Taxes" and got gobsmacked when the S&L crisis mandated them.

Taxes are too low, especially on the wealthy. Instead of saving money we ran up 33 Trillion in debt, with huge obligations now that the Boomers who carried the economy this far are retiring.

E. Jean Carroll won her rape trial, so yeah, Trump is a rapist.

Here's the thing. Supply side IS Voodoo economics.

How?

Reagan figured that out by 1986, when he backed tax reform after tripling the national debt in 8 years with minimal economic gains.

Minimal? Liberal math is funny.

So he signed on to tax increases that rolled back some of the tax breaks he gave to the rich.

What tax increases? List some specifics.

Taxes are too low, especially on the wealthy. Instead of saving money we ran up 33 Trillion in debt,

Taxes aren't too low; spending is too high. Biden is going to add $2 trillion to the debt with "Full employment and an awesome economy".

If spending was at 2019 levels, we'd have a huge surplus.

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing today.
— deuteronomy 15: 12–15

God does not hear the excuses about what you didn't own. He punishes generations for the sins of their ancestors. The flood was the result of unrepentant generations that refused to follow Gods laws much like white Americans are now doing with reparations. You can make all the excuses you want, you can talk about how every society since the beginning of time had slavery too. But every society that had slavery was destroyed.

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing today.
— deuteronomy 15: 12–15

God does not hear the excuses about what you didn't own. He punishes generations for the sins of their ancestors. The flood was the result of unrepentant generations that refused to follow Gods laws much like white Americans are now doing with reparations. You can make all the excuses you want, you can talk about how every society since the beginning of time had slavery too. But every society that had slavery was destroyed.

We'll never be whole while you're whining like a little bitch.

We'll never be whole while you're whining like a little bitch.
He’s whining over long-past treatment, which he himself has never faced, while antisemites just launched a massive attack on Jews, murdering hundreds and taking dozens more hostage.

This is TODAY. A full religious Jewish Holiday. That’s what Jews face. TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back