Rep. Louie Gohmert Wants To Put Gay People On An Island To See If They Die Out

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

Stay classy, Louie Gohmert.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) took his opposition to same-sex marriage to an entirely new level during a speech at Virginia's Liberty University last week.

Gohmert, who previously compared the treatment of marriage equality opponents to how Nazis persecuted Jews during World War II, argued that even Americans who don't believe in God should be able to see that same-sex relationships aren't natural, Right Wing Watch reports. He went on to suggest conducting a "totally secular" congressional study that would prove it, too.

"How about if we take four heterosexual couples, and put them on an island where they have everything they need to live and exist, and we take four couples of just men and put them on an island where they have all they need to survive," he said. "And then let's take four couples of just women and put them on an island, and then let's come back in 100 years and see which one nature favors."

More: Texas Congressman Wants To Put Gay People On An Island To See If They Die Out

Anyone care to respond to Louie's island scenario after 100 years? Also, is Louie overlooking the fact that gay people don't usually come from gay people?

Last edited:
Louie is an idiot. I have met and talked to him several times. As a judge, he was mediocre but OK. As a congressman, he shows the evil side of some East Texans.

Well, if it is not classy to point out that same sex couples cannot maintain the population, then yeah. Gohmert ain't got no fricking class.

Well, if it is not classy to point out that same sex couples cannot maintain the population, then yeah. Gohmert ain't got no fricking class.
That was not the point and you are well named.

Stay classy, Louie Gohmert.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) took his opposition to same-sex marriage to an entirely new level during a speech at Virginia's Liberty University last week.

Gohmert, who previously compared the treatment of marriage equality opponents to how Nazis persecuted Jews during World War II, argued that even Americans who don't believe in God should be able to see that same-sex relationships aren't natural, Right Wing Watch reports. He went on to suggest conducting a "totally secular" congressional study that would prove it, too.

"How about if we take four heterosexual couples, and put them on an island where they have everything they need to live and exist, and we take four couples of just men and put them on an island where they have all they need to survive," he said. "And then let's take four couples of just women and put them on an island, and then let's come back in 100 years and see which one nature favors."

More: Texas Congressman Wants To Put Gay People On An Island To See If They Die Out

Anyone care to respond to Louie's island scenario after 100 years? Also, is Louie overlooking the fact that gay people don't usually come from gay people?

Manhattan?

Sadly, you don't know the value of compost. Your childish attempt to insult me is as irrelevant as your point. Which nobody missed. You blurted it out so eloquently. No. Gay people don't come from gay people. Alas, you missed Gohmert's point.

Sadly, you don't know the value of compost. Your childish attempt to insult me is as irrelevant as your point. Which nobody missed. You blurted it out so eloquently. No. Gay people don't come from gay people. Alas, you missed Gohmert's point.
You are right...gay people don't come from gay people...But let me ask you something.

If you put all straight men on one island.....and all straight women on another island.....are they going to be more successful at reproducing than all gay men on one island and all gay women on another island?

You are right...gay people don't come from gay people...But let me ask you something.

If you put all straight men on one island.....and all straight women on another island.....are they going to be more successful at reproducing than all gay men on one island and all gay women on another island?
That has less to do with the point of Gohmert's remarks, than my name does. Go troll someone else, clown. You bore me.

That has less to do with the point of Gohmert's remarks, than my name does. Go troll someone else, clown. You bore me.
Au contraire, mon ami.....That exactly what Gohmert presented as if it made sense. OF COURSE if you put all men on an island....and all women on another island, you will not get much in the way of reproduction. Their straightness or gayness matters not a wit.

Are you getting the gist yet?

Observe Gohmert's comment:
and we take four couples of just men and put them on an island where they have all they need to survive," he said. "And then let's take four couples of just women and put them on an island, and then let's come back in 100 years and see which one nature favors."
Pretty stupid but Gohmert IS from Texas.

Au contraire, mon ami.....That exactly what Gohmert presented as if it made sense. OF COURSE if you put all men on an island....and all women on another island, you will not get much in the way of reproduction. Their straightness or gayness matters not a wit.

Uh huh. I've had the gist for some time, thank you.

Well, I'm glad to have been of assistance then.

You really need to stop over estimating yourself. It is as unattractive as it is delusional.

You really need to stop over estimating yourself. It is as unattractive as it is delusional.
How am I "over estimating" [sic] myself. I was simply being polite. It's the right thing to do. I'm sorry if you consider being polite "unattractive". I bet that makes for some awkward situations for you.

aaaahhhh yes, Longview Louie ... the same idiot that said caribou need a warm pipeline to snuggle against when they make love ...

For someone who is bored with bodecea's posts, you certainly can't keep yourself from responding to them. Foaming at the mouth a little are we?

Compost does exactly what he criticized someone else about, insulting.
He fits into the category of the people he tries to put down.

Forum List

Back