Remembering Muhammad Ali: Greatest Rebel Of All Time

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The Great Muhammad Ali was born on January 17th and today we honor his memory, and what he stood for.

Never backing down from a worthy fight and never compromising your principles.

America is better for birthing him, and at a deficit, since having lost him.

May he continue to rest in peace and in power.

The Great Muhammad Ali was born on January 17th and today we honor his memory, and what he stood for.

May he continue to rest in peace and in power.

the best heavy weight boxer i have ever seen....i get a kick out of some who think tyson would have knocked him out early....

A racist cultist for too long.
Huh?
giphy.gif

the best heavy weight boxer i have ever seen....i get a kick out of some who think tyson would have knocked him out early....
I was fortunate enough to see him fight live several times, and this fight was one of them. Never saw a heavyweight before him who could move and punch with such speed and accuracy.

I was fortunate enough to see him fight live several times, and this fight was one of them. Never saw saw a heavyweight before him who could move and punch with such speed and accuracy.

Homie came out the gate looking hella strong, jabbing and all that.

Next thing you know, he's losing, and losing quickly!

LMBAO!!!

And then the 2nd. post introduces the racism issue!

But Ali should get a pass because there's colour blindness in America when the black target i a sports star.

He's talking about these beliefs.

And the fact is, it is true, that there are, and were, problems for inter-racial families. I come from a primarily Catholic family on one side, and the Jewish members make it work, but it has caused some stress for the Catholic parents.

And on the other side, when my cousin married a black woman, and had children, it is true, grandma never met her great grandchildren. Times change though.

Ali was just old fashioned, like a lot of folks from that era. It was just common sense back then.

We have lots of woke folks that, like clock work, every Columbus day, slag the hell out of Columbus, but have a gaping blind spot for all the human sacrifice that Montezuma presided over.

People have this incomprehensible inability to judge folks as a product of their time, but instead hold them to the morals and ethics of our day, and not, measure their impact on the merits of their accomplishments in the time period they were born.

But? IMO. . . this is what makes the USA, the greatest nation on the face of the planet.

And then the 2nd. post introduces the racism issue!

But Ali should get a pass because there's colour blindness in America when the black target i a sports star.
Considering that he was raised in Kentucky during the Jim Crow era, and even after winning a gold medal for the United States in the 1960 Olympics, he was still considered a second class citizen when he returned home, and was disgruntled over the restrictions of segregation, which led him to take the path that he did as a young man. Instead of passive acceptance, he chose to rebel.

Homie came out the gate looking hella strong, jabbing and all that.

Next thing you know, he's losing, and losing quickly!

LMBAO!!!
My dad (rip) and I traveled from California to the Astrodome in Houston to watch it end in 3 rounds, but it was worth it.

May he continue to rest in peace and in power

Feb. 25th 1964 I remember that date as well as my own birthdate. Charles Sonny Liston, favored 7-1 in the odds over Cassius Clay. I remember all the hype with people saying Sonny would literally beat Cassius to death & nobody doubted it. The end results literally shook up the boxing world, but in the rematch Cassius Clay, now Muhammad Ali was destined to be written into the hall of fame. Good looking guy, EXCELLENT lateral movement(like trying to contain a lake with no shore), with speed galore & those zany poems, plus pretty accurate predictions made Clay/Ali an entertainer/boxer never to be forgotten!

Forum List

Back