Remember when Obama claimed credit for the US oil boom

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
2018> Former President Barack Obama claimed credit Tuesday for the recent boom in U.S. oil production immediately after praising the Paris Climate Accords, which committed the U.S. to dramatically reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.
“I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris accords because — you know, I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy, and by the way, American energy production,” Obama told the audience gathered at Rice University’s Baker Institute on Tuesday night. “You wouldn’t always know it but it went up every year I was president. That whole, suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.”

comment:
Remember when America became an oil exporting nation for the first time under Trump, and then Barry Obama claimed credit for it?
Now Biden has Americans buying oil from foreign sources again.
Biden is even demanding that other countries produce more oil.
The Climate Change Cultists must believe that foreign oil somehow burns different than American oil.
This is amazing stupidity.

2018> Former President Barack Obama claimed credit Tuesday for the recent boom in U.S. oil production immediately after praising the Paris Climate Accords, which committed the U.S. to dramatically reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.
“I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris accords because — you know, I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy, and by the way, American energy production,” Obama told the audience gathered at Rice University’s Baker Institute on Tuesday night. “You wouldn’t always know it but it went up every year I was president. That whole, suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.”

comment:
Remember when America became an oil exporting nation for the first time under Trump, and then Barry Obama claimed credit for it?
Now Biden has Americans buying oil from foreign sources again.
Biden is even demanding that other countries produce more oil.
The Climate Change Cultists must believe that foreign oil somehow burns different than American oil.
This is amazing stupidity.
From your link:

U.S. oil production surged by nearly 100 percent over the course of Obama’s two-term presidency

Tell me again why Obama should get no credit for 100% oil production increase, but Trump should get all credit for us finally crossing the export/import balance?

OIl is still dirt cheap historically relative to inflation, and as always it's better to burn up everybody else's instead of our own while the prices remain dirt cheap, regardless of who is President, always has been better to do so. According to Freepers and Town Squallers. if you can't afford something it's because you're lazy and have no skills, and you should just get two more jobs and work 140 hours a week and stuff.

From your link:

U.S. oil production surged by nearly 100 percent over the course of Obama’s two-term presidency

Tell me again why Obama should get no credit for 100% oil production increase, but Trump should get all credit for us finally crossing the export/import balance?
Because oil production surged in spite of Obama. By his own words, alternative energy was a higher priority. Consider this, as you look at the overall surge in oil under Obama, the outcome and impact would have been greater had the production on public land not declined.

Specifically, what did Obama contribute from a policy perspective in order to receive credit legitimately??

From your link:

Obama didn't do anything to promote oil production, moron. He did everything he could to strangle it.

OIl is still dirt cheap historically relative to inflation, and as always it's better to burn up everybody else's instead of our own while the prices remain dirt cheap, regardless of who is President, always has been better to do so. According to Freepers and Town Squallers. if you can't afford something it's because you're lazy and have no skills, and you should just get two more jobs and work 140 hours a week and stuff.
EVs are going to take over the automarket by 2030, so there's little point in saving oil.

Because oil production surged in spite of Obama. By his own words, alternative energy was a higher priority. Consider this, as you look at the overall surge in oil under Obama, the outcome and impact would have been greater had the production on public land not declined.

Specifically, what did Obama contribute from a policy perspective in order to receive credit legitimately??
From your link:

Obama did, however, lift a longstanding ban on crude-oil exports in 2015

And for some reason you are not asking causality questions of Trump, you just give him full credit, which sure seems to indicate one sided bias of your thought process.

Obama did one thing, after oil production had already greatly increased?

Did he do anything before 2015?
Yes he did, he grew demand through expansionary policies.

Wtf did Trump do during doubling of American oil production during Obama years? What did he do after he got into the WH for him to supposedly deserve all the credit?

How about some CONSISTENCY?

Wtf did Trump do during doubling of American oil production during Obama years? What did he do after he got into the WH for him to supposedly deserve all the credit?

How about some CONSISTENCY?

He increased demand? What did he do to increase supply?

He increased demand? What did he do to increase supply?

You are not familiar with basic dynamics of supply and demand?

Demand pushes prices up and higher prices encourage investments in production to increase supply.

You are not familiar with basic dynamics of supply and demand?

Demand pushes prices up and higher prices encourage investments in production to increase supply.

Oh, Obama increased US oil production by trying to make it more expensive.

Brilliant!!!

Oh, Obama increased US oil production by trying to make it more expensive.

Brilliant!!!
how the fuck does that actually respond to what you quoted?

Every time I try to talk to you I quickly return to this question - why do I keep suffering this shameless fool?

Last edited:
From your link:

The vast majority of the increase was on private land, which Barry had nothing to do with, and the advances in fracking technology, which he opposed.

Next dumbass question?

The vast majority of the increase was on private land, which Barry had nothing to do with, and the advances in fracking technology, which he opposed.

Next dumbass question?
All Recessions Since the 1973 Jihadi Embargo Have Been Caused by Artificial Shortages

Obumble's lockdown of drilling in the Gulf after only one oil spill caused the recession that cost him the 2010 midterms.

how the fuck does that actually respond to what you quoted?

Every time I try to talk to you I quickly return to this question - why do I keep suffering this shameless fool?

Stop making stupid claims like "Obama deserves credit for increased US oil production" when every sentient American knows he tried to reduce oil production.

Forum List

Back