Remember how the Arctic Ice Cap is shrinking?

I implore you all to watch this new Global Warming Documentary FREE:

www[dot]TheBoyWhoCriedWarming[dot]com

It is masterfully done and proves that Climate Change is NOT our fault. Great graphics too!

Welcome to USMB NewDocumentary, and we hope you're having a good experience here. But I have to hold you to the same standard I hold everybody else. Who funded this video? What 'proof' does it provide that is more than somebody's opinion? Who is the "Global Warming Institute" who claims to have put out the video? If such an organization exists--I have found no evidence that it does--who funds it? Unless those questions are answered, it can be put into the propaganda class with most of the other stuff of this type.

And I say this as a bonafide AGW skeptic.

Certainly some facts are presented that should be included in the debate, but proof? Nope. I'm fraid not. It doesn't even meet normal academic standards, much less scientific ones.

Here's the video in case anybody is curious:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEm57NqERA]The Boy Who Cried Warming - YouTube[/ame]

While the destruction of the environmental niche of any animal is not a good thing, I am not worried about polar bears. I am worried about the degradement of our living standard, and the outright threat to the survival of people in the third world from a rapidly changing climate. A climate that negatively impacts agricultural in a world containing 7 billion people.

While the destruction of the environmental niche of any animal is not a good thing, I am not worried about polar bears. I am worried about the degradement of our living standard, and the outright threat to the survival of people in the third world from a rapidly changing climate. A climate that negatively impacts agricultural in a world containing 7 billion people.

There is zero evidence that warmth harms living things(generally speaking). On the other hand there is AMPLE historical and paleontological data that show warmth is exceptionally good for life. Take a look at the biologic explosion that occured during the PETM as a most recent example of the benefits to the biosphere of the last time the planet was 8 to 10 degrees warmer than the present day.

On the other hand, cold kills. Of that there is ZERO doubt.

There is zero evidence that warmth harms living things(generally speaking). On the other hand there is AMPLE historical and paleontological data that show warmth is exceptionally good for life. Take a look at the biologic explosion that occured during the PETM as a most recent example of the benefits to the biosphere of the last time the planet was 8 to 10 degrees warmer than the present day.

As smart as he claims to be...why doesn't he know that already? Or is it part of his see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil if it doesn't support my agenda attitude. Never mind, I got it.

As smart as he claims to be...why doesn't he know that already? Or is it part of his see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil if it doesn't support my agenda attitude. Never mind, I got it.

I believe it's called "religious dogma".

AGW Observer

Accelerated thinning of Antarctic glaciers on the coast of the Amundsen Sea

Dynamic thinning of Antarctic glaciers from along-track repeat radar altimetry – Flament & Rémy (2012)

Abstract: “Since 2002, the Envisat radar altimeter has measured the elevation of the Antarctic ice sheet with a repeat cycle of 35 days. This long and regular time series is processed using an along-track algorithm to depict in detail the spatial and temporal pattern of elevation change for the whole ice sheet. We use this dataset to examine the spatial and temporal pattern of Pine Island Glacier (PIG) thinning and compare it to the neighbouring glaciers. We also examine additional areas, especially in East Antarctica whose mass balance is poorly known. One advantage of the finer along-track spacing of measurements is that it reveals places of dynamic thinning in regions of rapid ice flow. We observe the acceleration of thinning on PIG. Over the entire basin, the volume loss increased from 7 km3 a-1 during 2002-06 to ∼48 km3 a-1 during 2006-10. We also observe accelerated thinning on the lower tens of kilometres of Thwaites Glacier, with a mean thinning of 0.18 m a-1 over its entire basin during our observation period. We confirm the dynamic thinning of Totten Glacier but we do not detect significantly accelerated thinning on any glacier elsewhere than on the coast of the Amundsen Sea.”

Citation: Flament, Thomas; Rémy, Frédérique, Journal of Glaciology, Volume 58, Number 211, September 2012 , pp. 830-840(11), DOI: ingentaconnect Dynamic thinning of Antarctic glaciers from along-track repeat ra....

AGW Observer

Accelerated thinning of Antarctic glaciers on the coast of the Amundsen Sea

Dynamic thinning of Antarctic glaciers from along-track repeat radar altimetry – Flament & Rémy (2012)

Abstract: “Since 2002, the Envisat radar altimeter has measured the elevation of the Antarctic ice sheet with a repeat cycle of 35 days. This long and regular time series is processed using an along-track algorithm to depict in detail the spatial and temporal pattern of elevation change for the whole ice sheet. We use this dataset to examine the spatial and temporal pattern of Pine Island Glacier (PIG) thinning and compare it to the neighbouring glaciers. We also examine additional areas, especially in East Antarctica whose mass balance is poorly known. One advantage of the finer along-track spacing of measurements is that it reveals places of dynamic thinning in regions of rapid ice flow. We observe the acceleration of thinning on PIG. Over the entire basin, the volume loss increased from 7 km3 a-1 during 2002-06 to ∼48 km3 a-1 during 2006-10. We also observe accelerated thinning on the lower tens of kilometres of Thwaites Glacier, with a mean thinning of 0.18 m a-1 over its entire basin during our observation period. We confirm the dynamic thinning of Totten Glacier but we do not detect significantly accelerated thinning on any glacier elsewhere than on the coast of the Amundsen Sea.”

Citation: Flament, Thomas; Rémy, Frédérique, Journal of Glaciology, Volume 58, Number 211, September 2012 , pp. 830-840(11), DOI: ingentaconnect Dynamic thinning of Antarctic glaciers from along-track repeat ra....

Permian-Triassic Extinction Event.

It was not heat that caused this, however, but the best scientific theory is that it was mostly massive volanic eruptions that severely depleted oxygen levels, denuded the land, and changed the chemistry of the oceans to the point that the recovery was far slower than in previous global catastrophes. There is zero evidence that global warming caused the extinctions.

In fact the geological record points to geological eras in which global temperatures were much warmer than now, and animal life and vegetation was thriving just fine.

Extinction? Only in your twisted little minds where the loss of a few species of foraminifera in very localised areas is suddenly a "extinction event". Contrary to your tripe the reality is the PETM saw an explosion of biodiversity so profound that its effects are still seen today. the majority of large mammals we enjoy in the hear and now arose during the PETM.

But don't let facts deter you from your hysterical religious dogma. Thinking people on the other hand know better. Even wiki knows better.

"Contrarily, planktonic foraminifera diversified, and dinoflagellates bloomed. Success was also enjoyed by the mammals, who radiated profusely around this time.

The deep-sea extinctions are difficult to explain, as many were regional in extent. General hypotheses such as a temperature-related reduction in oxygen availability, or increased corrosion due to carbonate undersaturated deep waters, are insufficient as explanations. The only factor global in extent was an increase in temperature. Regional extinctions in the North Atlantic can be attributed to increased deep-sea anoxia, which could be due to the slowdown of overturning ocean currents,[12] or the release and rapid oxidation of large amounts of methane.[20][verification needed]

Paleocene

Last edited:

Extinction? Only in your twisted little minds where the loss of a few species of foraminifera in very localised areas is suddenly a "extinction event". Contrary to your tripe the reality is the PETM saw an explosion of biodiversity so profound that its effects are still seen today. the majority of large mammals we enjoy in the hear and now arose during the PETM.

But don't let facts deter you from your hysterical religious dogma. Thinking people on the other hand know better. Even wiki knows better.

"Contrarily, planktonic foraminifera diversified, and dinoflagellates bloomed. Success was also enjoyed by the mammals, who radiated profusely around this time.

The deep-sea extinctions are difficult to explain, as many were regional in extent. General hypotheses such as a temperature-related reduction in oxygen availability, or increased corrosion due to carbonate undersaturated deep waters, are insufficient as explanations. The only factor global in extent was an increase in temperature. Regional extinctions in the North Atlantic can be attributed to increased deep-sea anoxia, which could be due to the slowdown of overturning ocean currents,[12] or the release and rapid oxidation of large amounts of methane.[20][verification needed]

Paleocene

Getting senile there, old boy? Permian-Triassic is hardly the same as Paleocene.

It was not heat that caused this, however, but the best scientific theory is that it was mostly massive volanic eruptions that severely depleted oxygen levels, denuded the land, and changed the chemistry of the oceans to the point that the recovery was far slower than in previous global catastrophes. There is zero evidence that global warming caused the extinctions.

In fact the geological record points to geological eras in which global temperatures were much warmer than now, and animal life and vegetation was thriving just fine.

OK, Foxfyre, perhaps you are ignorant of the evidence concerning what happened during the P-T event.

Methane catastrophe

Paleocene

Getting senile there, old boy? Permian-Triassic is hardly the same as Paleocene.

Ahh you're correct my mistake. But you're still wrong on the cause, warming is noted but it is by far the least likely cause as it is mentioned at the same time as the glaciation that occured. Based on well documented effects of warming, cold is the only logical cause of the deaths if it's climate related. Most likely cause though IMO, is the sudden drop in O2 content. A 50% drop is severe.

"Many different geologic aspects of the extinction period have been documented recently:
•Salinity in the sea fell sharply during the Permian for the first time, changing oceanic physics to make deep water circulation more difficult.

•The atmosphere went from very high oxygen content (30%) to very low (15%) during the Permian.

•The evidence shows global warming AND glaciations near the P-Tr.

•Extreme erosion of the land suggests that ground cover disappeared.

•Dead organic matter from the land flooded the seas, pulling dissolved oxygen from the water and leaving it anoxic at all levels.

•A geomagnetic reversal occurred near the P-Tr.

•A series of great volcanic eruptions was building up a gigantic body of basalt called the Siberian Traps.

The Permian-Triassic Extinction - Volcanism and the Great Dying

OK, Foxfyre, perhaps you are ignorant of the evidence concerning what happened during the P-T event.

Methane catastrophe

The only evidence for this theory is computer models. And we all know (well you don't) how crappy they are.

Methane catastrophe

You are aware that methane is a major gas emitted in volcanic activity? Most especailly by mud volanoes?

Can you at least consider that volcanic activity is not caused by global warming? And that it WAS volanic activity that did most of the damage in this period?

I should have titled this video "Man Made Global Heart Warming" because it had that effect on me. It was a CD sent to me as a birthday greeting from
~ 60 of my ex neighbors in Landsberg Germany where "Green Energy" has been around big time for quite some time.

My "hood" in Landsberg.wmv - YouTube

I think what You`ll see in my hometown Landsberg am Lech Bavaria will be an eye-opener in a non-confrontational sense.
First off all the houses down the street where I come from are owned by the kind of people that many think the governemnt should tax the living shit out of them...
Yet as You will see in the video these are the only houses that have solar panel roofs despite the fact that e-prices in Germany are astronomical.
So astronomical that my friend Karl who owns a lot of land just north of my old stomping ground decided to open a saw mill, then clear cut his forests to make way for a huge solar "farm"...he even extended it where he once had very productive crop growing farm fields. Karl and I are still good friends, but since then he hasn`t been so popular any more with the rest of the people in my home town who used to appreciate the odd deer walking out of these woods and grazing on the front lawns down "Jahnstrasse". Grant You, many of my ex- neighbors aren`t that popular any more either since "re-unification" and overnight half of the German electorate were Communist East Germans who hate free enterprise. Stephan, who is driving that beautiful Ford Mustang is a Stockbroker and likes to come over here when there are vintage cars on auction. He collects them. That "White house" he drives by is just down the road . It was an ex- SS Officer Quarters...in ruins after the War. He bought and restored it,...just like he likes to restore american vintage cars. Stephan invested a tidy sum in a huge "Wind energy farm" because he loves the tax breaks...which are way more than most of the people can earn who are supposed to feel guilty about the CO2 coming out of the cars they can afford to buy. My neighbor Siegfried is retired and was the City Chief engineer. He drives Audi, never ever faster than 100 kmH to reduce his CO2 emissions and loves to restore vintage small engines then mount them on vintage bicycles. He is totally pro- enviro... and anti oil...but we all are still the best of friends. Of course he is rooting for Obama in November and as You can imagine I am not !!! ...and Siegfried knows that, because I am taunting him at least twice every day via e-mail. If I win my bet I`m getting brand new original Bavarian hand made Lederhosen + 2 cases of the best Paulaner beer, shipped air express which will probably cost about 2 or 3 hundred Euros. "Pinky" in the back seat , also retired was a design engineer at the nearby Dornier plant and at Daimler Aero-Space, Air bus devision. He loves the fact that we don`t have a speed limit in Germany and cares not about his "Carbon foot print". I guess to teach him a lesson, Siegfried sucked him in at the end of the video, betting that he can "smoke him" any day with his vintage Rex Moped. Siegfried`s house is heated with a huge ground heat exchanger network and he wants to make the lowest Carbon footprint possible. His entire roof south side is solar...but almost every time there is a lightning storm his house gets hit frying out all the electrics in his house...and after the 6th time he is pretty sure that lightning finds his house so attractive because of the subterranian heat exchanger. I also noticed on the CD they sent me that despite the super high gasoline prices I could spot only 1 single electric car and that belonged to the caretaker at the "Jahn" football Stadium when Stephan drove that beautiful Mustang "gas guzzler" towards his house.
I asked my friends in Germany and they do know their own country,...but they tell me these electro cars simply don`t get any commercial traction, no matter how much Frau Merkel is trying to push them. Outside of Berlin and a few other ex- "commy towns" You simply don`t see any.
My sister Lore is so totally pro- Merkel and anti- Oil. She hates my guts because I`m pro Oil and anti Al Gore...She hates me so much that I`m thinking to take up the offer of one of my friends,...a hot shot lawyer who lives in the first house (left) in this video...to finally collect the $ 0.7 Million she owes me for that house that we jointly inherited but never paid me a penny. After that maybe I can buy new solar panels for my house in Long Plain First Nations after my previous solar panels got totally trashed with golf ball sized hail..!!!
All I`m trying to say is I can understand "green" concerns etc, but the politics that come with it, at least in Europe caused more damage than CO2 will ever cause. It can even rip families apart. My sister Lore is not an exception..!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah our own ChevyVolts aren't getting much market traction either. The last figure I saw was that every one manufactured is costing the U.S. taxpayer something like $40k and the little buggers are very pricey to buy. Plus the fossil fuel energy it takes to build one from the inside out is greater than all the emissions savings running one for its expected lifetime.

Some things just make me shake my head and wander off muttering.

Methane catastrophe

You are aware that methane is a major gas emitted in volcanic activity? Most especailly by mud volanoes?

Can you at least consider that volcanic activity is not caused by global warming? And that it WAS volanic activity that did most of the damage in this period?

There are actually TWO statements in the post I made that allude to cold being a prime cause. I wonder if olfraud can figure out the second one.

Methane catastrophe

Too bad most (probably all) of these global warming freaks won't be around when the Yellowstone Caldera erupts again and flattens everything within reach and wreaks total havoc with everything shown on this map of the U.S.

YellowstoneFalloutAshBed.gif

YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO GETTING READY TO BLOW ITS CORK

Why are denialists babbling about volcanoes?

Oh, that's right. They're deflecting again. Move along, nothing new to see.

There's nothing unusual happening in Yellowstone. Get a grip. Little earthquakes swarms come and go. Emphasis on the "go" right now, as they ain't happening. Cherrypicking from a couple years ago, so very impressive.

Forum List

Back