Remember Eric Garner?

No charges brought for this senseless murder. After five long years, our corrupt government makes a decision not to bring charges. I guess they figure we will forget.

The police state rolls on and no one contests it.

'Today we can't breathe.' DOJ will not bring civil rights charge against NYPD officer in death of Eric Garner

The case has nothing to do with Civil Rights. He was a black guy who couldn't take the beatdown he got for illegally selling cigarettes on the street..
A true lover of the police state and a racist to boot.

The liberals of New York City are the ones who established the policy of beatdowns on cigarette salespeople in the city.

Not I.

For libs to persecute the cop for just following orders the liberal leaders gave him is unfair. I'm sure the cop in question would have been happier just flirting with a donut waitress at the local Krispy Kreme rather that beating down Mr. Garner.
LOL. We have thousands of dumb laws in this country. You think breaking a dumb law is deserving of a death sentence.

I don't think that the police were trying to kill Mr. Garner, they were just administering a beat down

No charges brought for this senseless murder. After five long years, our corrupt government makes a decision not to bring charges. I guess they figure we will forget.

'Today we can't breathe.' DOJ will not bring civil rights charge against NYPD officer in death of Eric Garner

The case has nothing to do with Civil Rights. He was a black guy who couldn't take the beatdown he got for illegally selling cigarettes on the street..

The liberals of New York City are the ones who established the policy of beatdowns on cigarette salespeople in the city.

Not I.

For libs to persecute the cop for just following orders the liberal leaders gave him is unfair. I'm sure the cop in question would have been happier just flirting with a donut waitress at the local Krispy Kreme rather that beating down Mr. Garner.
LOL. We have thousands of dumb laws in this country. You think breaking a dumb law is deserving of a death sentence.

I don't think that the police were trying to kill Mr. Garner, they were just administering a beat down
Doesn’t matter what you think. They murdered him.

Unarmed man selling loose cigarettes without paying state taxes? One has to wonder why he was even bothering? Wanna buy a cigarette, Sir? What was that for, people who couldn't afford a whole pack? Still, the obvious first question is WOULD THIS EVER HAVE HAPPENED if the guy had been White? I kinda think not. And why didn't the cops just tell the guy to knock it off, it was technically against the law and leave it at that and walk away? It's not like this guy was public enemy #1. Here's why I think it happened and ultimately why they couldn't charge the officer (and I must agree with the decision):
  1. When confronted about it, rather than cooperating and being apologetic and recalcitrant, Garner stood there belligerent with the officers giving them a hard time arguing about it. This forced the officers into escalating the matter because after all, THEY REPRESENT THE LAW and authority on the street. Rule #1: Don't dis the police.
  2. The more the police tried to exercise their authority and control of the situation, the more Garner protested and resisted, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what any sensible person should do and forced the situation further.
  3. It finally came to where the police had no choice but to arrest him for disorderly conduct and again, Garner did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he SHOULD have done and fought the police and resisted arrest.
  4. Being that he was a huge guy, it took, what, five guys to subdue him? And he put up such a fight it took all of them to get him to the ground, WITH one of the officers trying to subdue him at his weakest point: high up around the head and neck where he had the greatest leverage to pull him down.
  5. Even after on the ground, Garner continued to resist and fight forcing officers to keep their hold on him and weight on him until he was passive and under control in handcuffs. By that point apparently the damage was done.
Garner, not the police was responsible even if it was a stupid issue over a senseless thing and probably racially driven. Bottom line: Garner did the exact wrong thing every step of the way and literally fought to his death over a misdemeanor forcing the police to literally choke the life over him just to get him to submit to authority. Sad on all accounts.

Black people seem to have a predisposition for antagonism and belligerence against authority, bring on and escalate many situations further than necessary rather than just saying: "Yes Sir. I understand, Sir," don't seem to get taught much respect for the law at home (certainly not from his mother), then when these unfortunate things happen, use it as justification for FURTHER belligerence, feeding the vicious circle.

NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IMO had this guy simply cooperated with and respected the authority of the police. You cooperate with a LEO even if you think they are in the wrong then settle the issue later in court, if necessary. Chances are that if you are reasonable, respectful and cooperative, you'll get along just fine with the police.
I agree with much of that. However police used deadly force ultimately murdering a man who was doing no harm. For this, they deserve to at least be charged and prosecuted. Then a jury will decide their fate.

I hear ya, but to be fair, "deadly force" is like a GUN, I don't think for one minute they INTENDED to kill the man or even hurt him, just to get the fat bastard to shut the hell up, stop resisting and COOPERATE. So, sorry, no murder. Maybe possible involuntary manslaughter. But again, this is the police, not a civil case, and you have a LAWFUL RESPONSIBILITY to obey the police. This guy did not. Garner was an idiot who put up all this stink over getting busted selling a damn stupid cigarette. Let's face it, anyone standing around selling cigarettes illegally ONE AT A TIME ain't no Einstein. The entire thing was stupid all the way around. IMO, the police should have just written him up a ticket, handed him a piece of paper and WALKED AWAY. I can only guess that Garner's continued verbal protests and words just kept escalating the matter further and further until it came down to a battle of egos to assert their authority one way or the other. In the end, the police HAVE to win. They represent the Law. That's why you don't dick them off.
When you scream I can’t breathe, don’t you think it’s time to stop? They murdered him and got away with it. Seems cops have the right to murder.

There are lots of idiots in this country. I don’t think we should kill them.

Not at all.

People who can't breathe, also can't scream.
So just ignore his pleas and kill him.

They thought Garner was lying, and just didn't want the police to do their job in beating on him to the fullest extent of the law.

Not I.

"Murder" requires intent.

And I just don't think the cop had that intent.

Didn't you hear Comey's exoneration of Mrs. Clinton? Since she didn't have criminal intent, she would never be prosecuted for sharing top secret info on her home server

Not I.

doesnt matter what you think,,,they didnt murder him,,,

Not I.

but they never hit him,,,so how was it a beat down

Not I.

Didn't you hear Comey's exoneration of Mrs. Clinton? Since she didn't have criminal intent, she would never be prosecuted for sharing top secret info on her home server
If I didn’t intend to murder you but I did, will I get off scot free?

Not I.

You aren’t very smart are you? LOL.

Unarmed man selling loose cigarettes without paying state taxes? One has to wonder why he was even bothering? Wanna buy a cigarette, Sir? What was that for, people who couldn't afford a whole pack? Still, the obvious first question is WOULD THIS EVER HAVE HAPPENED if the guy had been White? I kinda think not. And why didn't the cops just tell the guy to knock it off, it was technically against the law and leave it at that and walk away? It's not like this guy was public enemy #1. Here's why I think it happened and ultimately why they couldn't charge the officer (and I must agree with the decision):
  1. When confronted about it, rather than cooperating and being apologetic and recalcitrant, Garner stood there belligerent with the officers giving them a hard time arguing about it. This forced the officers into escalating the matter because after all, THEY REPRESENT THE LAW and authority on the street. Rule #1: Don't dis the police.
  2. The more the police tried to exercise their authority and control of the situation, the more Garner protested and resisted, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what any sensible person should do and forced the situation further.
  3. It finally came to where the police had no choice but to arrest him for disorderly conduct and again, Garner did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he SHOULD have done and fought the police and resisted arrest.
  4. Being that he was a huge guy, it took, what, five guys to subdue him? And he put up such a fight it took all of them to get him to the ground, WITH one of the officers trying to subdue him at his weakest point: high up around the head and neck where he had the greatest leverage to pull him down.
  5. Even after on the ground, Garner continued to resist and fight forcing officers to keep their hold on him and weight on him until he was passive and under control in handcuffs. By that point apparently the damage was done.
Garner, not the police was responsible even if it was a stupid issue over a senseless thing and probably racially driven. Bottom line: Garner did the exact wrong thing every step of the way and literally fought to his death over a misdemeanor forcing the police to literally choke the life over him just to get him to submit to authority. Sad on all accounts.

Black people seem to have a predisposition for antagonism and belligerence against authority, bring on and escalate many situations further than necessary rather than just saying: "Yes Sir. I understand, Sir," don't seem to get taught much respect for the law at home (certainly not from his mother), then when these unfortunate things happen, use it as justification for FURTHER belligerence, feeding the vicious circle.

NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IMO had this guy simply cooperated with and respected the authority of the police. You cooperate with a LEO even if you think they are in the wrong then settle the issue later in court, if necessary. Chances are that if you are reasonable, respectful and cooperative, you'll get along just fine with the police.
I agree with much of that. However police used deadly force ultimately murdering a man who was doing no harm. For this, they deserve to at least be charged and prosecuted. Then a jury will decide their fate.

it was a democrat ran government that made the law and sent the cops,,,its they that need prosecuted,,,

Not I.

If I didn’t intend to murder you but I did, will I get off scot free?

depends on who you are and why ypou did what you did

in this case there was no reason to bring charges,,,he refused a lawful order and fought back and died because of it,,,

its not like they beat the shit out of him with clubs like rodney king,,,
He fought back? Really? How many cops were even slightly injured?

Why must you lie?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not I.

You aren’t very smart are you? LOL.
compared to you I'm brilliant,,,

in this case there was no reason to bring charges,,,he refused a lawful order and fought back and died because of it,,,

its not like they beat the shit out of him with clubs like rodney king,,,
He fought back? Really? How many cops were even slightly injured?

Why must you lie?

thankfully none

It amazes me that any American finds the actions of the cops and prosecutor acceptable.

In my world, all involved would be fired. The cops who killed him prosecuted and imprisoned.

Do Americans WANT to live in a police state?

I hear ya, but to be fair, "deadly force" is like a GUN, I don't think for one minute they INTENDED to kill the man or even hurt him, just to get the fat bastard to shut the hell up, stop resisting and COOPERATE. So, sorry, no murder. Maybe possible involuntary manslaughter. But again, this is the police, not a civil case, and you have a LAWFUL RESPONSIBILITY to obey the police. This guy did not. Garner was an idiot who put up all this stink over getting busted selling a damn stupid cigarette. Let's face it, anyone standing around selling cigarettes illegally ONE AT A TIME ain't no Einstein. The entire thing was stupid all the way around. IMO, the police should have just written him up a ticket, handed him a piece of paper and WALKED AWAY. I can only guess that Garner's continued verbal protests and words just kept escalating the matter further and further until it came down to a battle of egos to assert their authority one way or the other. In the end, the police HAVE to win. They represent the Law. That's why you don't dick them off.
When you scream I can’t breathe, don’t you think it’s time to stop? They murdered him and got away with it. Seems cops have the right to murder.

Maybe. I wasn't there. I didn't have a 350 pound guy fighting me that it took 5 guys to get to the ground. My first thought might be the guy was trying to just get me to release my hold so he could get a second chance. Still, I agree. The whole thing was stupid and over nothing. All Garner had to do was COOPERATE. I guess it just isn't in the lexicon of a lot of black's minds.

It amazes me that any American finds the actions of the cops and prosecutor acceptable.

In my world, all involved would be fired. The cops who killed him prosecuted and imprisoned.

Did Americans WANT to live in a police state?

The cops were following the instructions they were given by the politicians

If anyone should be prosecuted it should be the mayor and others who established the accepted procedures.

Do Americans WANT to live in a police state?
what about the democrat lawmakers that made the law and sent the cops???

Maybe. I wasn't there. I didn't have a 350 pound guy fighting me that it took 5 guys to get to the ground. My first thought might be the guy was trying to just get me to release my hold so he could get a second chance. Still, I agree. The whole thing was stupid and over nothing. All Garner had to do was COOPERATE. I guess it just isn't in the lexicon of a lot of black's minds.
All they had to do was let him go. Give him a warning and leave it alone. Arresting a poor man for NOTHING, is stupid.

Not I.

AGAIN: no one there thought or intended that the guy would die. They were just trying to hold him still long enough to get a pair of cuffs on him. Had he not been such an arrogant shit, he might not have ever been arrested at all much less have to be wrestled down like that.

Look up respectability politics

Forum List

Back