Zone1 Religions Don't Need to Clash - Scott Ritter.

The thing is though, Christian adults refuse to let it go.

Our 'backagain' believes his bibles to be the 100% true and literal word of the god.

And not a single Christian on this board has actually said that it's fake.

Nearly half of Americans still believe in Genesis and creation! Go figure.
Actually it is you who is refusing to see these accounts as they were intended.

As I told you, the ratio would indicate (12??) per 100,000 and about 22,000 in america each year.

Wait a minute, something smells like the big fish story around here.
And how many would not be committing suicide? Do the math.

Are still confused with how ancient man passed down knowledge and information?

Actually it is you who is refusing to see these accounts as they were intended.
I'm learning more about the bibles every day but I don't think it's what you intended me to learn.

And I'm learning more about the dilemma the CC found itself in and how that's still festering in the minds of Americans who are anxious to cause a split of the church. The church's turn to accepting Darwin can't be swallowed by America's hard core believers in.................... let's call it tradition.

And how many would not be committing suicide? Do the math.

Are still confused with how ancient man passed down knowledge and information?
I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here but I'll just cut to the chase and say over 22k in 22.

I'm learning more about the bibles every day but I don't think it's what you intended me to learn.

And I'm learning more about the dilemma the CC found itself in and how that's still festering in the minds of Americans who are anxious to cause a split of the church. The church's turn to accepting Darwin can't be swallowed by America's hard core believers in.................... let's call it tradition.
That's nice. I'm glad you learned that these accounts were how ancient people passed down, knowledge, information and wisdom. That's all that is important.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here but I'll just cut to the chase and say over 22k in 22.
To show that what you think is the norm is the exception. A very small and tiny exception. People overwhelming love life. As well they should. It's freaking awesome.

Think of a downpour so intense one couldn't see through it to the see the distant mountains, not even the tops.
Covered in a different sense and different meaning?

Covered as in not under water but only hidden from view due to the intensity of the rain?

To show that what you think is the norm is the exception. A very small and tiny exception. People overwhelming love life. As well they should. It's freaking awesome.
To demonstrate that I have an open mind, I'm offering an olive branch to Meriweather on his interpretation of the bible.
She appears to be sayin that the mountains weren't literally under water but were only obscured from view by the intense rain.
Do you buy that?

I mean fk ding, if we can make that work together for all 3 of us, I'm discovering a whole new way of understanding!

I thought Catholics were OK with evolution being the mechanism of God's creation, meaning they are not mutually exclusive.
Genesis with Adam and Eve is being argued as the correct interpretation from the bibles, next to modern science suggesting a Petrie dish full of pond scum.
Those two aren't mutually exclusive?

That calls for some creative thinking!

To demonstrate that I have an open mind, I'm offering an olive branch to Meriweather on his interpretation of the bible.
She appears to be sayin that the mountains weren't literally under water but were only obscured from view by the intense rain.
Do you buy that?

I mean fk ding, if we can make that work together for all 3 of us, I'm discovering a whole new way of understanding!
Would you work with someone who was trying to destroy your mother Russia?

For a pragmatist you sure are weak on statistics and quick to define the rule by exception. What are we talking about 12 per 100,000 people? So if 99,988 people don't commit suicide and 12 do, what's the rule?
My guess on the stats here is that there are plenty of people very unhappy people and some take the ultimate step. Am I right or do you think only those 12 are unhappy today but yesterday they were fine?

My guess on the stats here is that there are plenty of people very unhappy people and some take the ultimate step. Am I right or do you think only those 12 are unhappy today but yesterday they were fine?
Everyone is probably unhappy some of the time. Does that make them unhappy people?

Sure, for those 12 out of a 100,000 that commit suicide, they probably were unhappy all of the time. They were unhappy people. I'm not ready to classify the other 99,988 people as unhappy. But regardless, for the vast majority of people (i.e. people without mental illness) being happy or unhappy is a choice. We can choose how we see things. We can choose how we respond to things. To believe otherwise is to believe things are beyond one's control and is the definition of fatalism.

Genesis with Adam and Eve is being argued as the correct interpretation from the bibles, next to modern science suggesting a Petrie dish full of pond scum.
Those two aren't mutually exclusive?

That calls for some creative thinking!
I'd bet the vast majority of Christians accept both evolution and creation as being true.

to believe things are beyond one's control and is the definition of fatalism.
or disease, or mental illness, or having bombs dropped on you, or losing people you love, or being born into slavery, poverty, or an abusive family, etc.

I'd bet the vast majority of Christians accept both evolution and creation as being true.
I'm not so sure the vast majority of evangelical sect Christians believe that. But I'm willing to concede there may be some "closet" evolutionists in their midst. I'm thinking maybe more like 30% to 60% accept evolution. At least of the ones that have an opinion. There may be some that don't even think about it at all.

or disease, or mental illness, or having bombs dropped on you, or losing people you love, or being born into slavery, poverty, or an abusive family, etc.
Sure, that's a good job of describing the extreme events. Now try filling in the other side as any good pragmatist would do.

I'm not so sure the vast majority of evangelical sect Christians believe that. But I'm willing to concede there may be some "closet" evolutionists in their midst. I'm thinking maybe more like 30% to 60% accept evolution. At least of the ones that have an opinion. There may be some that don't even think about it at all.
Sure, that's a good job of describing the extremist Christians but I'd bet most Christians in the world are not American-style, evangelical Christians.

Forum List

Back