Religion and the greatest story ever told..

Who was Jesus Christ?

• A lunatic/madman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A healer/teacher, but not divine

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Son of God, performed real miracles etc

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • He didn't exist

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And here comes the bullshit! What took so long. Just get right into it next time. How long a cult/sect has been around has nothing to do with its validity. How many followers a cult/sect has has no bearing on its validity. But just keep throwing those snakes and telling yourself you'll be saved. Jehovah Witnesses are insane man, they only marry within their cult, only do business within their cult, only associate with members of their cult... and if you do anything to piss them off, they will excommunicate your ass so quick you'll be living in a box behind the church within the hour. BESIDES, we aren't talking about sects and cults, we are talking about Christianity. And it is true, that while there are exceptions, the vast majority of Xns have the invisible bearded man image when they think of "god."

You are pretty much wrong about all that. christianity itself was a cult in the eyes of the Romans. Lutheranism was a cult in the eyes of catholics. Pentecostalism is only barely passed the cult mark. Mormonism and Jahovas witness is no different.

Got to make this quick: Lunch break is over: Its back to work for me:

Unlike the many theories of science, which are constantly changing the error of their ways. The Word of God has never changed its purpose. In that I mean to show mankind that he is rebellious and sinful and his ways will lead him to death and eternal damnation. Only by the Mercy and Grace of God will a man be redeemed. And only through Jesus Christ "The Lamb of God" is that possible.

Some will say that after death there is no after life and this so called God is a figment of the imagination. Do you really want to bet your soul on that premise?
So what happened to all those people who were good (like Noah, Moses, Abraham, etc) who died before Jesus came along? Your logic is flawed. What about innocent children who die before being baptized? What about pure souls who do not accept Jesus as their savior? Do they not go to heaven?

Do you really think God chooses who goes to heaven based on whether they accept Jesus or not?

Truth, Grace, Love, The Word, The Light, The Way. You have seen but don't understand.

There is only one Jacob's ladder. Can you even see a glimpse of the Truth?

Truth? And what is truth? Is truth unchanging law? (to quote one of my favorite plays, Jesus Christ, Superstar).

I think your warped version of the truth which elevates you above all others in your own mind is far from truth.

I can't imagine any G-d who would reject someone who spends his life trying to do good, regardless of what they believe.

And thank G-d for that. I'd hate to live in a world of fear.

Funny enough we have actual proof he existed. Independent of the writings of numerous of his followers.

We have proof that Buddha existed too. What, exactly, does that imply about a claim that he was supernatural?

Pharaohs existed too. Were they gods as well?

Wrong! Penned by men inspired by The Holy Spirit.

HA!

yea, just like everything ever written about greek gods!

hey, I just filled out an envelope today. I'm pretty sure it was inspired by god even though it was a payment for another year of my playboy subscription.

No prove needed! "Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Or if you prefer a scientific point of view. Scientist say that dark matter exist although they can not prove its there.

and, if it becomes the case that evidence shows their dark matter theory untrue then they will not hesitated to change their accepted beliefs.

Can you say the same thing?

Its Shepherdboy. Not shepardboy. Does your spell check work?

Sure we can go round and round on who said this and what the Bible says, but unless God has given you Grace, you will never comprehend a word I am saying. God's Word is spritual. You must have spritual eyes and ears to comprend it.

and a healthy tolerance for bullshit... don't forget that necessary facet of spirituality.

and, if it becomes the case that evidence shows their dark matter theory untrue then they will not hesitated to change their accepted beliefs.

Can you say the same thing?

Sure they will, just like they have changed their irrational stance on man made global warming. If we are to believe it as much as 42 percent of the relevent scientists believe man is causing it even though none of the claims they have made as to how or why even work.

Sure they will, just like they have changed their irrational stance on man made global warming. If we are to believe it as much as 42 percent of the relevent scientists believe man is causing it even though none of the claims they have made as to how or why even work.

Yes, as a matter of fact, when the evidence suggests otherwise then you will see the difference between science and hokus-pokus ghost worshiping dogma.

Go ahead and disbelieve the scientists... so far, considering the shape of the earth, it's rotation, gravity, evolution and origin, it's the scientists' observations with which you will eventually start having to assimilate your domga into anyway.. You know, as has been the case 100% of the time when dogma and science clash.

Yes, as a matter of fact, when the evidence suggests otherwise then you will see the difference between science and hokus-pokus ghost worshiping dogma.

Go ahead and disbelieve the scientists... so far, considering the shape of the earth, it's rotation, gravity, evolution and origin, it's the scientists' observations with which you will eventually start having to assimilate your domga into anyway.. You know, as has been the case 100% of the time when dogma and science clash.

Sure thing, remind us again how man is causing global warming.

Unlike the many theories of science, which are constantly changing the error of their ways. The Word of God has never changed its purpose. In that I mean to show mankind that he is rebellious and sinful and his ways will lead him to death and eternal damnation. Only by the Mercy and Grace of God will a man be redeemed. And only through Jesus Christ "The Lamb of God" is that possible.

Some will say that after death there is no after life and this so called God is a figment of the imagination. Do you really want to bet your soul on that premise?

Many, many theories of science have stayed constant for ages: the Earth always travels around the sun, light takes a certain amount of time to reach the Earth, gravity exists..

Maybe the bible has never changed its purpose, neither has Lord of the Rings since it was published - doesn't mean it's true.
And I will re my "soul" if I have one. I'll talk my way out of it. And if there is a God, and he or she is just as most religious nutters say he or she is, then I'll be fine...:cool:

get yourself a fishtank, spend lots of money on nice marine fish, and then unplug the filtration. Let me know how that works out for you and your fish. There is probably a fish legend about the return of the ghostly messiah fish coming back to call his children to the sea that minimizes the necessity to care about it anyway. After all, Jefish created the tank to be used at the liesure of his creation, made in his dorsal fin image, a mere 33 days ago anyway.

There is proof Henry the VIII existed. Doesn't mean he was a god..

Mohammed too. Does this mean that since Mohammed believed in jebus and abraham that Mohammed is also as anchored in the supernatural as is the claim?

Hell, there are documents on Moroni too but.. uh... yea.

What are we to believe?

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html

Philosophically, you are referencing Pascal’s Wager:

• If you believe in God, but God does not exist, you lose nothing.

• If you believe in God and God exists, you gain everything (Heaven, etc).

• If you disbelieve in God, and God does not exist, you gain nothing.

• Yet, and most importantly, if you disbelieve in God and god exists, you suffer eternal damnation.

I don’t have time tonight to go over the criticisms of it (there are many and some are complex). I particularly like to use the Atheist's Wager as a rebuttal. Anyway, if interested in the simple criticisms, you can read about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager#Criticisms

Forum List

Back