Religion and politics

jknowgood

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2010
South carolina
I see the left takes away religion out of every aspect of life. Recently from the military, and now from a christian school here in south carolina. It's time for christians to get together and face the iberal agenda. Take the religion of global cooling, global warming,or climate change out of schools. It hasn't been proven, only by changing the name of it. Take out the gay ageda, and teach math and english instead. Take out the idea of being sucessful is bad, and that everyone should be equal in monetary wise. Quit teaching amerca is bad because we are sucessful. Get rid of the liberals, and we can be great again.

I see the left takes away religion out of every aspect of life. Recently from the military, and now from a christian school here in south carolina. It's time for christians to get together and face the iberal agenda. Take the religion of global cooling, global warming,or climate change out of schools. It hasn't been proven, only by changing the name of it. Take out the gay ageda, and teach math and english instead. Take out the idea of being sucessful is bad, and that everyone should be equal in monetary wise. Quit teaching amerca is bad because we are sucessful. Get rid of the liberals, and we can be great again.

And how, exactly, are you going to ‘get rid of liberals.’

That ^^ tells me all I need to know. There's a reason we have a wall between the Carolinas.

:cuckoo:

That ^^ tells me all I need to know. There's a reason we have a wall between the Carolinas.

But not between church and state.

We have a "Godless" Constitution. Therefore, all religions are treated equally. Religious institutions should be taxed like everyone else.

Not God's Army: The Front Lines of the Fight Against Proselytizing in the U.S. Military

They should be taxed huh? What kind of tax would you say? A property tax? They have no income, their income is derived from donations. Those donations are needed to pay the heat, the water, and all the other utilities. What is left over is used to help the clergy survive.

Do tell, by what right should the State impose taxes on religious institutions? And if the State can use it's muscle to extort the money that churches collect out of charity, then shouldn't Churches have the right to come into public spaces and preach their views?

What gives that State the right to extort and steal the good works of the faithful like some mafia crime boss?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

A tax is a law which is prohibitive (De-incentivizing) and makes the free exercise thereof more of an obstacle. Next thing you know, poor black churches will be closing their doors b/c they are unable to pay their taxes. After that, you will have riots or people meeting in secret. Like it is a privilege to be able to worship, only the rich communities deserve churches and god. No sir, that is the most ignorant and unconstitutional thing I have ever heard of.

Last edited:
We have a "Godless" Constitution. Therefore, all religions are treated equally. Religious institutions should be taxed like everyone else.

Not God's Army: The Front Lines of the Fight Against Proselytizing in the U.S. Military

They should be taxed huh? What kind of tax would you say? A property tax? They have no income, their income is derived from donations. Those donations are needed to pay the heat, the water, and all the other utilities. What is left over is used to help the clergy survive.

Do tell, by what right should the State impose taxes on religious institutions? And if the State can use it's muscle to extort the money that churches collect out of charity, then shouldn't Churches have the right to come into public spaces and preach their views?

What gives that State the right to extort and steal the good works of the faithful like some mafia crime boss?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

A tax is a law which is prohibitive (De-incentivizing) and makes the free exercise thereof more of an obstacle. Next thing you know, poor black churches will be closing their doors b/c they are unable to pay their taxes. After that, you will have riots or people meeting in secret. Like it is a privilege to be able to worship, only the rich communities deserve churches and god. No sir, that is the most ignorant and unconstitutional thing I have ever heard of.

It's just religious money laundering. Tax them like corporations. They own huge chunks of real estate, so property taxes would be great.

It's just religious money laundering. Tax them like corporations. They own huge chunks of real estate, so property taxes would be great.

Just how are churches corporations? I hope you are ready for mosques to be subjected to the same.

Oh wait, you aren't.

The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense founded on the Christian religion

Shut your mouth, you witless imp.

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

Thomas Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptist Association, 1802

Unsubstantiated. I suggest you read the book, "In Ceasar's Gripe."

Religious money laundering? What the hell does that mean? You think Grandma's $20 in the donation basket is ill gotten gains?

You know nothing about this topic.

While I will grant you, the large organized religions are nefarious, organized, powerful and corrupt organizations, with clandestine links with many NGO's, any such laws would harm small independent organizations that do a lot of good to local communities.

The large international organizations, like multinational corporations, would just find ways around the taxes, while you would end up destroying the local independent churches that are often the only source of shelter, food, relief and comfort for many poor communities. An ill thought out plan. One that is motivated by an ideological hatred toward the faith based community I am sure.

When King Philip IV of France got greedy and thought he would try the same thing, all he did was come up empty. In the process, he destroyed an entire legacy that did great work and charity throughout Europe. It was the government that was truly corrupt, constantly looking for new sources of revenue. Do you really believe that the government can more wisely spend the money that the churches have, better than they themselves can? Do you think people will continue to donate to their church if they believe it just goes to the government rather than to projects in line with their projects of faith?

Do the churches buy warships, attack helicopters, fund terrorists, perform drone strikes, stir up the public to fear the other? Or would that be the government? :eusa_eh:

No, they build schools in foreign lands, they feed the poor, they build community outreaches for the poor, teach the illiterate to read, they shelter the homeless, etc. You would have the money bail out the "too big to fail banks," wouldn't you? :cuckoo:

Sheer stupidity.

And here I thought this was going to be a good discussion revolving around the effects of people's religious beliefs on politics, both pro and con. Instead I find that this is just another thread from a nutter who thinks we should kill off all the liberals, and make America a Christian theocracy where everyone must live by the word of Christian Fundamentalists.

Surprise, surprise.

And here I thought this was going to be a good discussion revolving around the effects of people's religious beliefs on politics, both pro and con. Instead I find that this is just another thread from a nutter who thinks we should kill off all the liberals, and make America a Christian theocracy where everyone must live by the word of Christian Fundamentalists.

Surprise, surprise.

who said kill? educate the brainwashed morons that follow leaders like Al Gore, Jesse Jackson and many other hypocrits

and lets tax indians while we're at it......they have huuggge chunks of land......man I want to see those property taxes!

and lets tax indians while we're at it......they have huuggge chunks of land......man I want to see those property taxes!

Native American lands are special. The only acreage that whites haven't stolen - yet.

That's a great idea, we can tax black churches, indian reservations, ACLU, Planned Parenthood, code pink, etc,etc...Yeah, and the preachers can tell their flock who to vote for kinda like the blacks do already...:eusa_pray:

Don't forget more cigarette tax from yo buddy obongo...:smoke:

Last edited:

The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense founded on the Christian religion

I'm sure that all the "Originalists" on here must agree ;)

"Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion & Govt in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history. ...in Kentucky for example, where it was proposed to exempt Houses of Worship from taxes."
-- James Madison; from 'Detached Memoranda'

And some people wonder why so many Americans are more concerned with the American Christian Talaban than the Moslem radicals?

Forum List

Back