Reid Tired Of Being Humilated

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Finally, White Flag Harry is showing some signs of common sense

After a string of losses, Reid has decided to cut his losses and not bring up the amnesty bill, unless the votes are there

If only Reid would have done that for the Dems surrender bill and no confidence bill of the AG

Reid presses Bush over GOP votes
By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 12, 2007

The top Senate Democrat said yesterday that President Bush must prove he can deliver more Republican votes before Democrats will put the immigration bill, which collapsed last week, back on the Senate schedule.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told Mr. Bush that the only hope for the bill is if he delivers the votes of more than 20 Republican senators to break a filibuster and pass the measure.
The Nevada Democrat had a frank assessment of the bill's prospects, saying the 51-member Democratic caucus was "about maxed out" at the 38 votes they delivered on a test vote on the bill last week 22 short of breaking a filibuster. They were joined by just seven Republicans one-third of the number Mr. Reid says the president must deliver.
"It's the president's bill," Mr. Reid said, adding that if Democrats are being counted on to supply the additional votes, "it won't happen."
Mr. Bush, who will visit with Senate Republicans in a closed-door meeting today to try to rally support, is optimistic, even to the point of sounding jaunty.
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070612-122126-4592r.htm

Finally, White Flag Harry is showing some signs of common sense

After a string of losses, Reid has decided to cut his losses and not bring up the amnesty bill, unless the votes are there

If only Reid would have done that for the Dems surrender bill and no confidence bill of the AG

Reid presses Bush over GOP votes
By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 12, 2007

The top Senate Democrat said yesterday that President Bush must prove he can deliver more Republican votes before Democrats will put the immigration bill, which collapsed last week, back on the Senate schedule.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told Mr. Bush that the only hope for the bill is if he delivers the votes of more than 20 Republican senators to break a filibuster and pass the measure.
The Nevada Democrat had a frank assessment of the bill's prospects, saying the 51-member Democratic caucus was "about maxed out" at the 38 votes they delivered on a test vote on the bill last week 22 short of breaking a filibuster. They were joined by just seven Republicans one-third of the number Mr. Reid says the president must deliver.
"It's the president's bill," Mr. Reid said, adding that if Democrats are being counted on to supply the additional votes, "it won't happen."
Mr. Bush, who will visit with Senate Republicans in a closed-door meeting today to try to rally support, is optimistic, even to the point of sounding jaunty.
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070612-122126-4592r.htm

Well now, that's good politics. Next thing you know, Reid is really going to make GW 'own' amnesty, with Democrats coming out with tougher ideas for amendments to the bill than the Republicans are.

Well now, that's good politics. Next thing you know, Reid is really going to make GW 'own' amnesty, with Democrats coming out with tougher ideas for amendments to the bill than the Republicans are.

It is a chance for the Dems - a huge majority of the voters are opposed to this insane bill

The Dems have it correct.

Only bush has it right!!!!!!! Dig it?

I have to agree - but Dems were for before they were against it

Bush is wrong on this bill - I was glad to see the folks rise up and call the elected representives

Now, If Reid would be this smart on the surrender bill, the no confidence vote on the AG, and other issues

So, the pRez is a dumbass or is he just being himself?

I have to agree - but Dems were for before they were against it

Bush is wrong on this bill - I was glad to see the folks rise up and call the elected representives

Now, If Reid would be this smart on the surrender bill, the no confidence vote on the AG, and other issues

And the Dems are correct as you say?

So, the pRez is a dumbass or is he just being himself?

And the Dems are correct as you say?

Most of the Dems in Congress agree with GW, both of whom are acting against the will of the people on this issue.

This bill will be passed and signed by the pResident.

This bill hurt both parties and it will come back to bite alot of incumbants in 08

It will only go a very short way in restoring our national claims as asking the world for it's most talented, it's most democratic and it's most hungry for freedom but I'll take even a short way in these times of international hatred and religious imposition.

This bill will be passed and signed by the pResident.

It will only go a very short way in restoring our national claims as asking the world for it's most talented, it's most democratic and it's most hungry for freedom but I'll take even a short way in these times of international hatred religious imposition.

The bill is dead - much like the Dems attempt to tap a new voting block - Illegals

First off, just how do you propose or suggest that illegals might be somehow involved in any American voting block as you put it?

The bill is dead - much like the Dems attempt to tap a new voting block - Illegals

And secondly, how do you think the bill is dead? Even the pResident of the United States of America told a WORLDWIDE audience from worldwide TV broadcast in Albania that he would see the reporters again at the signing session of the bill. It's law, rsr. Live with it.

Funny how these people who are against immigration reform spend no time thinking about what the real solution is and how you will pay for it.

The minute what they think they want to do about it started happening they would be totally freaked out at the repercussions.

There is nothing left for the Rs to run which will give them the numbers they need to win an election.

I dont know exactly why Bush is standing by this bill.

I guess its his last attempt to say he did something which will hold up under the pressure of history.

You see that solution you guys think you want will cause some very big messes.

Seriously, Tm, I think it's congenital with them.

Funny how these people who are against immigration reform spend no time thinking about what the real solution is and how you will pay for it.

The minute what they think they want to do about it started happening they would be totally freaked out at the repercussions.

Sometimes you just gotta step out there and take your chances. Know wut I mean?

Something must be done and this bill is not perfect.

It does include some things which will have to be done at some point.

Forum List

Back