Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

No, I said your 14th amendment assertion is full of holes.

Up against the wall and you change your narrative, 'eh?
Not at all.
For 49 years Roe was the constitutional law of the land.
Roe was based upon the SCOTUS'
interpretation of the 14th Amendment in 1973.

Likewise since 2008 (24 years) the SCOTUS' interpretation of the 2nd Amendment has been the constitutional law of the land.

No difference.

Now if you want to try to argue that the two cases are different because one is more "constitutional" than the other then that is not sensible or logical because you would be saying that two conflicting things are both true at the same time.
Either you ACCEPT and respect the SCOTUS' ability to interpret the U.S. Constitution and make laws accordingly.....or you don't.
If your opinion is that the SCOTUS' opinions are only valid and constitutional whenever YOU agree with them well then.....

You can see the problem there.

Not at all.
For 49 years Roe was the constitutional law of the land.
Roe was based upon the SCOTUS'
interpretation of the 14th Amendment in 1973.

Likewise since 2008 (24 years) the SCOTUS' interpretation of the 2nd Amendment has been the constitutional law of the land.

No difference.

Now if you want to try to argue that the two cases are different because one is more "constitutional" than the other then that is not sensible or logical because you would be saying that two conflicting things are both true at the same time.
Either you ACCEPT and respect the SCOTUS' ability to interpret the U.S. Constitution and make laws accordingly.....or you don't.
If your opinion is that the SCOTUS' opinions are only valid and constitutional whenever YOU agree with them well then.....

You can see the problem there.
Ok, then show me where roe v wade is in the constitution.

And it has been proven to be an incorrect interpretation.

LOL.....our well regulated militia is now NG. You saying we don't need our technologically modern well regulated militia?

Maybe we should make them the way they were in the 1800's. Even give out free muskets.

Are you claiming the second amendment is now obsolete?
Why don’t we just make gun rights at the state level…..like abortion?

Are you claiming the second amendment is now obsolete?
Why don’t we just make gun rights at the state level…..like abortion?
Gun rights are at the state level. Look into the gun registration issue. Each state has their own laws......it's an ongoing topic of debate with fed gun registration.

Gun rights are at the state level. Look into the gun registration issue. Each state has their own laws......it's an ongoing topic of debate with fed gun registration.

Exactly
Why do we need federal gun rights when the states are capable of taking care of it

I've had the firearm (Colt .45) I inherited from Dad (he was issued the weapon after being promoted on Okinawa).

He died in 1998. As part of his will, I received it. Also, as part of his will I have observed proper firearms training and storage. The only way I could keep the .45 was if it was Registered and Licenced.

When I was a kid, that was the pistol I learned to shoot with. By the time I was in the Army, I was very proficient with it. I scord expert with a pistol in the Army and expert with the M-16.

I have a deep respect for firearms and believe they should be strictly controlled. Every week, I go to a pistol range and run one box of shells through it. I buy a new box of shell, go home and clean it and return it the gun safe.

I've never had to use to defend myself, but I know how to.

The Marin County Sheriff's Department issued the licence and I carry my registration with me.

No member of law enforcement has tried to take it away from me. This crap about registration leads to confiscation is pure bullshit. Paranoia strikes deep for Cons....

I believe strongly in very strict firearms contol. Licencing and Registration should be required. To receive such a licence and/or registration a person should be compelled to demonstrate profiency with their weapon of choice. When NOT in use firearms should loc ked away safely.

I know Cons do not believe in that. These idiots with their open carry bullshit are trying to prove something. I do not need to prove a damn thing. No one is coming for you firearms, I find the raving about it amusing. Next up, black helicopters landing in the street...

Last edited:
They aren't even "babies" yet.
They aren't even breathing.
Your point about breathing has been knocked out of the park. Unless you’re under the delusion that babies who aren’t breathing on their own when they are delivered are not really babies. Think on that a little bit Magic Mike. Ask your mom, if she’s still living and not estranged, if your own lungs needed human intervention so you could breath on your own. Valid info.

Darn it! I went down a path that wasn’t even on topic OK sorry about that so on topic- yes I can see where registering guns would not mean a reduction in any thug activity going on in any state. Crimes of opportunity will continue as is because violent offenders and repeat felons don’t do laws.

Last edited:
I've had the firearm (Colt .45) I inherited from Dad (he was issued the weapon after being promoted on Okinawa).

He died in 1998. As part of his will, I received it. Also, as part of his will I have observed proper firearms training and storage. The only way I could keep the .45 was if it was Registered and Licenced.

When I was a kid, that was the pistol I learned to shoot with. By the time I was in the Army, I was very proficient with it. I scord expert with a pistol in the Army and expert with the M-16.

I have a deep respect for firearms and believe they should be strictly controlled. Every week, I go to a pistol range and run one box of shells through it. I buy a new box of shell, go home and clean it and return it the gun safe.

I've never had to use to defend myself, but I know how to.

The Marin County Sheriff's Department issued the licence and I carry my registration with me.

No member of law enforcement has tried to take it away from me. This crap about registration leads to confiscation is pure bullshit. Paranoia strikes deep for Cons....

I believe strongly in very strict firearms contol. Licencing and Registration should be required. To receive such a licence and/or registration a person should be compelled to demonstrate profiency with their weapon of choice. When NOT in use firearms should loc ked away safely.

I know Cons do not believe in that. These idiots with their open carry bullshit are trying to prove something. I do not need to prove a damn thing. No one is coming for you firearms, I find the raving about it amusing. Next up, black helicopters landing in the street...

Look, we all get it: you want guns limited to the rich, the well-connected, the police, and criminals.

Look, we all get it: you want guns limited to the rich, the well-connected, the police, and criminals.

First off, I am NOT rich. Far from it. I want strict Firearms Control. "This is rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting and one is for fun."

Nor can you site where I wrote that. You do not need lie to make your point, which is what you just did.

Such is the right’s hypocrisy, so much for conservatives being ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights.”
you're comparing
1664157717624.png

Forum List

Back