Red states leading US economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic

10 states with the lowest unemployment rates are all led by GOP governors

Blue states including Nevada (7.7%), New York (7.6%), New Mexico (7.6%), California (7.6%) and New Jersey (7.3%) had substantially higher unemployment rates than the national average of 5.4% in July, the data shows. By comparison, red states – such as Nebraska (2.3%), Utah (2.6%), New Hampshire (2.9%), South Dakota (2.9%) and Idaho (3%) – were well below the national average.

THESE STATES ARE ENDING $300 UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS - HERE'S WH

In fact, of the 20 states with the lowest unemployment rate, those led by Republican governors account for a vast majority: 16. Twenty-five of the 27 GOP-led states gained jobs in the last month, the data shows, while two of the states – Idaho and Utah – actually have more jobs than in February 2020, before the pandemic hit.

Conversely, just 13 states led by Democrats have recovered at least two-thirds of the jobs lost during the pandemic.

Overall, the average unemployment rate in red states is 4.3%, while the average jobless rate in blue states is 5.9%, above the national average.

The data comes less than one month before supplemental unemployment benefits – first established in March 2020 and renewed twice by Congress – are poised to expire on Sept. 6 under the $1.9 trillion relief plan that Democrats passed in March. Some 7.5 million workers are expected to lose their benefits, according to a recent report published by the left-leaning Century Foundation.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ployment-rates

Oooooooh. That comes from fox. Is that the same fox who are getting used for spreading lies for trump?
Isn't it convenient how they can find all those figures and not one thing to support it?

I will live where I want to. Whether it's blue red purple yellow green doesn't matter. I live where I want due to climate and family location. Politics has zero to do with it. Politics only factors in to the fringe looks.

I'm moving to a small town in one of those red states, where the COL is very low and the price of my new home is about half of the sale price I'll get when I sell my current home in this blue shithole I live in. I'm getting a newer, larger house on a larger piece of land. Did I say small town? The county sheriff's deputy lives just a block or two away and has her eye on my new neighborhood at all times because it's her neighborhood as well.

Sweet. Enjoy your lives there in the burning libtard dem shitholes!
Our area is flooding with transfers from Naperville, IL and UTAH. Word is spreading, I am building a 3,400 sq foot house now with a 46x30 3 car garage for 1/2 the price in Naperville

Our area is flooding with transfers from Naperville, IL and UTAH. Word is spreading, I am building a 3,400 sq foot house now with a 46x30 3 car garage for 1/2 the price in Naperville
Good for you! Anyone with the foresight to get out of the shitholes early deserves the best kind of life they can get, while the idiots live in the cities stacked like cord wood.

They also have lower costs of living. I was never able to buy a house until I left Boston and moved to South Carolina.

Notice how the Red States have been Cherry Picked. LA, Miss, FL, TX, SD all have lower cost of living but I suggest you don't require an emergency room of an ICU while you are in any of them.

Notice how the Red States have been Cherry Picked. LA, Miss, FL, TX, SD all have lower cost of living but I suggest you don't require an emergency room of an ICU while you are in any of them.

Why is that?

Can you people just live where you want and shut your mouths? It simply doesn't matter. Nobody cares. Glad I don't live anywhere near any of you....crybaby snowflakes

Why is that?

You know as well as I do. We have the same problem in this county. We are rated 3rd on the lowest Covid Vaccinated by population for the nation for counties of 250,000 or less and all of the ICU Beds are filled with Covid patients and not one single one of them have received a covid vaccination. Colorado has a vaccinated rate of over 60% while Mesa County has a 39% rating. You seem to forget that this all started out as Political when it should never have. The one that started this nonsense bailed but the damage was done. Following that thought, Mesa County voted for "The one that shall remain unnamed" unlike the rest of the state on the average. The redder that area, the more likely it will either be involved in the "Big Lie" or the "It's just the Flu".

Forum List

Back