What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dawn remake

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Reaction score
Saw the trailer for this while watching football yesterday afternoon. Anyone else see this?

An invasion of America...by North Korea? Really? North Korea can't even get a long-range rocket out of Stage 1 liftoff. So how are they going to invade the US?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the trailer for this while watching football yesterday afternoon. Anyone else see this?

An invasion of America...by North Korea? Really? North Korea can't even get a long-range rocket out of Stage 1 liftoff. So how are they going to invade the US?

Don't mess with Red Dawn

Wolverines!

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Reaction score

obama will give them transportation.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that's the same issue I have with the movie. A North Korean invasion is completely unrealistic. I read somewhere that it was initially China, but they thought it would offend the Chinese, so they changed it.

The original movie had a Soviet Union/Cuban invasion which was very much possible during the Cold War, so I think the original hit home more than this one will.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Arnold is makinhg another Conan the Barbarian movie

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The first one sucked so why bother making a second that will suck?

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
Reaction score

Yeah, that's the same issue I have with the movie. A North Korean invasion is completely unrealistic. I read somewhere that it was initially China, but they thought it would offend the Chinese, so they changed it.

The original movie had a Soviet Union/Cuban invasion which was very much possible during the Cold War, so I think the original hit home more than this one will.

Very little about the first movie was possible/believable. :tongue: I still remember it fondly, though.

Yes, originally this remake was going to use the Chinese; from what I've read, they changed it to N. Korea after shooting and basically did cgi on the flags and perhaps the uniforms to switch the origins of the countries. It may still have Chinese involvement, I don't know.

This is also not a new movie, in that it was filmed a few years ago. Chris Hemsworth is one of the stars, but this was made before he did Thor, so he looks very young.

I'll probably see it on cable one day. :lol:

OP
RoadVirus

RoadVirus

Reaction score

Yeah...i read that too. So, to make up for it, they will pick the last country in the world capable of invading the US, able to evade our fleet in both Japan and Hawaii and God knows how many radar stations in the Pacific.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah...i read that too. So, to make up for it, they will pick the last country in the world capable of invading the US, able to evade our fleet in both Japan and Hawaii and God knows how many radar stations in the Pacific.

Should have had us invaded by Canada

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score

Don't mess with Red Dawn

Wolverines!

The first one was just awful.

And I don't think this is going to hold a candle to the original.

:D

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
Reaction score

If I remember correctly, in the first one the Russians and Cubans came aboard commercial airliners.

syrenn

Rookie
Reaction score

Work of fiction? Hollywood movie? :dunno:

mamooth

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wolverines!

The first one falls in the "So bad, it's good" category. I have a feeling the sequel won't suck in such a good way.

OP
RoadVirus

RoadVirus

Reaction score

Work of fiction? Hollywood movie? :dunno:

Well, there's also this thing called LOGIC. Even Hollywood has to follow some logic.

Nightson

Reaction score
I recently watched "Tomorrow When The War Began" which is very similar to Red Dawn only set in Australia. Despite my usual avoidance of remakes I am looking forward to the new Red Dawn simply for nostalgic sake. The original Red Dawn was really a great anti establishment flick and a hunk of great eighties cheese.

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score

PCness changed the realistic Chinese, with Russian assistance, invasion to the North Korean invasion.

Remove the fact that NK couldn't even invade the Guam, it actually looks good or at least entertaining!

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score
The first one sucked so why bother making a second that will suck?

I still love the first one. Thought it was entertaining, but not realistic.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$201.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List