Red Dawn remake

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Oct 22, 2008
Illinois
Saw the trailer for this while watching football yesterday afternoon. Anyone else see this?

An invasion of America...by North Korea? Really? North Korea can't even get a long-range rocket out of Stage 1 liftoff. So how are they going to invade the US?

Saw the trailer for this while watching football yesterday afternoon. Anyone else see this?

An invasion of America...by North Korea? Really? North Korea can't even get a long-range rocket out of Stage 1 liftoff. So how are they going to invade the US?

Don't mess with Red Dawn

Wolverines!

obama will give them transportation.

Yeah, that's the same issue I have with the movie. A North Korean invasion is completely unrealistic. I read somewhere that it was initially China, but they thought it would offend the Chinese, so they changed it.

The original movie had a Soviet Union/Cuban invasion which was very much possible during the Cold War, so I think the original hit home more than this one will.

Yeah, that's the same issue I have with the movie. A North Korean invasion is completely unrealistic. I read somewhere that it was initially China, but they thought it would offend the Chinese, so they changed it.

The original movie had a Soviet Union/Cuban invasion which was very much possible during the Cold War, so I think the original hit home more than this one will.

Very little about the first movie was possible/believable. :tongue: I still remember it fondly, though.

Yes, originally this remake was going to use the Chinese; from what I've read, they changed it to N. Korea after shooting and basically did cgi on the flags and perhaps the uniforms to switch the origins of the countries. It may still have Chinese involvement, I don't know.

This is also not a new movie, in that it was filmed a few years ago. Chris Hemsworth is one of the stars, but this was made before he did Thor, so he looks very young.

I'll probably see it on cable one day. :lol:

Yeah...i read that too. So, to make up for it, they will pick the last country in the world capable of invading the US, able to evade our fleet in both Japan and Hawaii and God knows how many radar stations in the Pacific.

Yeah...i read that too. So, to make up for it, they will pick the last country in the world capable of invading the US, able to evade our fleet in both Japan and Hawaii and God knows how many radar stations in the Pacific.

Should have had us invaded by Canada

Don't mess with Red Dawn

Wolverines!

The first one was just awful.

And I don't think this is going to hold a candle to the original.

:D

If I remember correctly, in the first one the Russians and Cubans came aboard commercial airliners.

Work of fiction? Hollywood movie? :dunno:

Work of fiction? Hollywood movie? :dunno:

Well, there's also this thing called LOGIC. Even Hollywood has to follow some logic.

I recently watched "Tomorrow When The War Began" which is very similar to Red Dawn only set in Australia. Despite my usual avoidance of remakes I am looking forward to the new Red Dawn simply for nostalgic sake. The original Red Dawn was really a great anti establishment flick and a hunk of great eighties cheese.

PCness changed the realistic Chinese, with Russian assistance, invasion to the North Korean invasion.

Remove the fact that NK couldn't even invade the Guam, it actually looks good or at least entertaining!

New Topics

Forum List

Back