Recession Not Likely

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
I know Dems have been hoping for one, but experts say it's not going to happen.

---A recession is no longer likely to happen this year in the US, according to the Economic Policy Survey report released today by the National Association for Business Economics.---

Recession not likely this year; odds at 25% or less

---A panel of economists now say that a recession is less likely than the same panel forecast last year, adding that the Federal Reserve was able to steer clear of a downturn with its three interest rate cuts last year.---

Economists pull back odds on a recession in 2020

---A recession is no longer likely to happen this year in the US, according to the Economic Policy Survey report released today by the National Association for Business Economics.---

---A panel of economists now say that a recession is less likely than the same panel forecast last year, adding that the Federal Reserve was able to steer clear of a downturn with its three interest rate cuts last year.---

With all due respect, the state of California is shut down, New York is following, Illinois as well. The economy has no way not to tank.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I think some recoil is inevitable due to the macro-economic fallout from the increasingly aggressive measures being imposed by the federal and state and governments in response to COVID-19. Goldman Sachs just slashed their 2nd Qtr GDP projection even further yesterday, now projecting it will be down 24% after initially projecting only a 5% contraction.

Goldman sees unprecedented stop in economic activity, with 2nd quarter GDP contracting 24%

Many still anticipate a relatively quick bounce, but that depends on how long this continues and how far reaching the financial ramifications go.

---Democrats rooting for recession---
If it takes a recession to rid the country of the rolling disaster that is the Trump presidency it's a small price to pay compared to 4 more years of the Orange Clown.

Gary Cohn says the US is in a recession that will cost ‘trillions’ as unemployment ‘skyrockets’
Gary Cohn says the US is in a recession that will cost 'trillions' as unemployment 'skyrockets'
...................................................................................................................................

US intelligence officials reportedly warned President Donald Trump and Congress about the threats posed by the novel coronavirus beginning in early January — weeks before the White House and lawmakers began implementing stringent public health measures and as the president minimized the threat posed by the virus in his tweets and public statements.

The fact those warnings were largely disregarded — something first reported by the Washington Post’s Shane Harris, Greg Miller, Josh Dawsey, and Ellen Nakashima — suggests Trump administration officials failed to take action that could have prepared the health care system to handle an influx of patients, helped Americans avoid mass social distancing, and saved lives.

Top health officials first learned of the virus’ spread in China on January 3, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said Friday. Throughout January and February, intelligence officials’ warnings became more and more urgent, according to the Post — and by early February, much of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA’s intelligence reports were dedicated to warnings about Covid-19.
Intelligence reports warned about a pandemic in January. Trump reportedly ignored them.

OMG!!!
This could be the stupidest post I have ever heard. Look at the date of those articles... The turd-conomy is in free fall and millions of people are losing their jobs. This thing is cooked. The question right now is will the Trump crash be as bad as the Bush crash?

Hope they're right.

You fucking idiot...

Both those links are over a month old...

In the mean time shit has happened...

yeah, I don't know who these "experts" are; but we will have a recession & maybe even a depression

once we get back to "normal"; our economy will take off

especially as we shift key manufacturing back home and away from China

With all due respect, the state of California is shut down, New York is following, Illinois as well. The economy has no way not to tank.
Or... When others don’t shut down... The nation will rethink these states presupposed “lynchpin” status. Sure would suck for those states...

upload_2020-3-21_12-26-9.png

A lot has changed since then moron.

yeah, I don't know who these "experts" are; but we will have a recession & maybe even a depression

once we get back to "normal"; our economy will take off

especially as we shift key manufacturing back home and away from China
IF there is to be a silver lining to this, it might be that we've finally realized it might be good to do some of our manufacturing at home.

Well... Unless one can offer an example of a leader relevant to our times; addressing an outbreak as decisively as Trump... Now would be the time to drop us all a link...

Sorry but our world is going to change forever because of all of this. There is no way to avoid a depression now.

Goldman is now forecasting a real GDP sequential decline of 34% for the second quarter on an annualized basis, compared with its earlier estimate for a drop of 24%. It also cut its first-quarter target to a decline of 9% from its previous expectation for a 6% drop, according to chief economist Jan Hatzius.

Forum List

Back