Reagan VX USSR

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
Back in the 80's Ronald Reagan ran on a platform of destroying the Soviet Empire. As a Republican he led his political party to success over this creating "Christian Nationalism" and eliminating the cold war that threatened the whole world.

Currently that same Republican party is in favor of the USSR reforming itself. Where it once was laughing at things like SALT I and SALT II saying that Carter was a fool for engaging in such treaties the Republicans act like the substance of these treaties is better than sliced bread....even NATO (once a darling of Reagan) is as bad as Covid Vaccines and is gonna be the death of western civilization as we know it.

What in the world is going on?

The USSR did not fall during Reagan's term.
NOT RELEVANT! If that was true. "Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall"

Yeah....whatever!

My basic question is about why the Republicans have had such a 180⁰ policy shift.

Yeah....whatever!

My basic question is about why the Republicans have had such a 180⁰ policy shift.
Because of Trump and his globalist real estate deals.

Yeah....whatever!

Had nothing to do with Reagan. Two things.. the Afghanistan war and the failure of communism. Gorbachev was chosen to fix it or get rid of communism.

Because of Trump and his globalist real estate deals.
And that would need a much more detailed explanation...what has one thing got to do with another?

Try to stay ON TOPIC.

The topic is why have the Republicans had a 180⁰ shift in policy towards the USSR?

And that would need a much more detailed explanation...what has one thing got to do with another?

Try to stay ON TOPIC.

The topic is why have the Republicans had a 180⁰ shift in policy towards the USSR?
God, you are short-sighted.

Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr both worked to dismantle the kleptocracy of Russia....

They never wavered from their goal.

Now the republican party wants that kleptocracy restored just as much as Putin.

It doesn't make any sense.

When I came at this forum several years ago, I though that for the Republicans Russia was the main enemy (well, one of the main ones, along with China). Because the Reps are all for freedom, small government blah-blah; while the Putin regime was and is an antithesis of these freedoms.

After I while, I was amazed when I found out that the most staunch admirers of Putin here were the Reps. Putin was viewed by them as a strong leader who adores traditional values and is against the 'WEF' (this thing is the funniest considering the nature of Russian kleptocracy and his oligarchs).

In other words, Putin is a model leader for a traditional Christian White person to bring back good old days. No wonder, having such news stars as Carlson.

Back in the 80's Ronald Reagan ran on a platform of destroying the Soviet Empire. As a Republican he led his political party to success over this creating "Christian Nationalism" and eliminating the cold war that threatened the whole world.

Currently that same Republican party is in favor of the USSR reforming itself. Where it once was laughing at things like SALT I and SALT II saying that Carter was a fool for engaging in such treaties the Republicans act like the substance of these treaties is better than sliced bread....even NATO (once a darling of Reagan) is as bad as Covid Vaccines and is gonna be the death of western civilization as we know it.

"Christian Nationalism" will eliminate ussr 0.2

our great commander (Moscow hates him so much ) speaks :

you have been taken in by the CIA controlled media of the myth of Reagan as half Americans have,The truth of the soviet empire collapsing had everything to do with Gorbechev and nothing with Reagan.

Gorbechev was once interviewed by an American journalist and when asked the question if Reagan was instrumental in the collapse of the soviet empire his reply was ARE YOU SERIOUS?:auiqs.jpg:

the corporate controlled media printed their revision of history of reagan as well did out corrupt school system,the real story of the Reaganb presidency and the actual facts of what really happened are well documented in this excellent book here.:thup:

here is the ACTUAL truth of Reagan and the collapse of the soviet union by an excellent non biased person who lived through it all.:thankusmile:

Federal spending grew by 2.5 percent per year during his administration, even when adjusted for inflation (p. 159 of 645); he tore down the Berlin Wall and won the Cold War (actually, the Germans tore down that hated wall. Regarding the Cold War, Reagan gave a blank check to the Pentagon to build weapons systems to fight the Soviets in a future war that never occurred, while the U.S.S.R. never attempted to match our huge defense spending, negating the claim that Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Union by forcing them to keep up with our wasteful defense spending. What really led to the crumbling of the Soviet empire in 1991 was the result of the erosion of the country's infrastructure and the complete lack of initiative of its leaders to do anything about it. The main player in this scenario was new leader Mikael Gorbachev, who refused to follow the pattern of his ancient elders of ignoring the need for economic reform and openness).:thankusmile:

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr both worked to dismantle the kleptocracy of Russia....

They never wavered from their goal.

Now the republican party wants that kleptocracy restored just as much as Putin.

It doesn't make any sense.
you just got checkmated and taken to school proven wrong on that by me in post# 16.:biggrin:

I lived in the 80's and the video above talks directly about how the USSR was an "Evil Empire " because communist countries are kleptocracies. They have Oligarchs....that in itself is not a positive.

So....

Since I'm getting nothing but conspiracy theories and rhetoric....can anyone who is rational explain why this reversal?

you just got checkmated and taken to school proven wrong on that by me in post# 16.:biggrin:
Nope.....
Delusional conspiracy theories are not proof of anything other than your faith in them.

I'm A-Political to begin with....I don't align with either party on much of anything. And I am world traveled....I've been to former Soviet Bloc nations and know the people there. They have in turn visited me here in the states.

Russia is a kleptocracy. I see Putin revisiting Stalin's genocide of the Ukranians with no conscience whatsoever about the genocide.

Nope.....
Delusional conspiracy theories are not proof of anything other than your faith in them.

I'm A-Political to begin with....I don't align with either party on much of anything. And I am world traveled....I've been to former Soviet Bloc nations and know the people there. They have in turn visited me here in the states.

Russia is a kleptocracy. I see Putin revisiting Stalin's genocide of the Ukranians with no conscience whatsoever about the genocide.

+1

Forum List

Back