RBE (Resource Based Economy)

And your non-answers aren't helping.

I understand my answers in my head. Putting them down here is a different story. I apologized once for it.

Sweet!

I'll take a 2020 Mustang and a 12 room house on 3 acres.
Make that 3 Mustangs, a red one, a white one and a blue one.

Great. That means the people who build the Mustangs will have job security and keep working.
BTW, Our current monetary system has a lot of greed built into it. "Black Friday" being a good example. At first, I think people would do just as your saying, go get more than they need or really want. But the joy of having a yard full of Lamborghinis, that are worth no money, wouldn't last long. Pretty soon, you'd be looking to give them away. And of course, no one would want them, because everyone would have them.

So why is the rancher raising all those cattle? It's a lot of hard work.

Ranchers hard work, at least a lot of it, stems from being conservative with his money, so that he can make a monetary profit. Without the restraints that money creates, all jobs would become easier. Especially with the boom of technology that would occur.

Why is it ridiculous?

For the simple fact that there's a lot more physical labor involved in digging ditches than anything in banking.
And everyone along that chain is happy to accept US dollars

LMAO.. Don't make it sound like everyone along those lines are making big bucks. Because it's not that way. Someone in South America is lucky to make $5 to $10 per day. The guy who mounts your tires, here in the USA, is lucky to be getting $10 to $15 hr. Depending on where you live. Around here, they'll get no more than $10hr. Which is a poverty wage. They're happy if they can make all the bills and still afford a few Christmas presents for the kiddo's.

Great. That means the people who build the Mustangs will have job security and keep working.

Excellent!

BTW, Our current monetary system has a lot of greed built into it.

So does your RBE system. Thanks for the 3 Mustangs yesterday, I want 3 more today.

But the joy of having a yard full of Lamborghinis, that are worth no money, wouldn't last long. Pretty soon, you'd be looking to give them away. And of course, no one would want them, because everyone would have them.

Everyone? You think there is an infinite supply of Lamborghinis available somewhere?

Without the restraints that money creates, all jobs would become easier.

I want 1000 lbs of filets sent over, does that make the rancher's job easier?

For the simple fact that there's a lot more physical labor involved in digging ditches than anything in banking.

Why is physical labor than many can do, as valuable as something many fewer people are able to do?
Doesn't supply and demand mean anything?

LMAO.. Don't make it sound like everyone along those lines are making big bucks

Who said everyone along those lines should be making big bucks?

So does your RBE system. Thanks for the 3 Mustangs yesterday, I want 3 more today.

The greed factor will diminish in a hurry.

Everyone? You think there is an infinite supply of Lamborghinis available somewhere?

I don't think everyone would want a Lamborghini. Most people aren't really into speed racers.

That's greed talking. BTW, why would you want all that beef sent over at once? You'd just have to freeze it. Then most of it would get freezer burnt. Simply because you'd get tired of eating the same thing every day.

Why is physical labor than many can do, as valuable as something many fewer people are able to do?

Again, you're putting a monetary value on labor. Which is why I said before you looking at this from a monetary value standpoint. In an RBE, there is no monetary anything.

Another thing you're overlooking, is the fact that in an RBE, one can do a type of job that they like and enjoy, vs doing something just for the money.
Fact: If a doctor is in it for just the money, he's probably a pretty bad doctor. Same as a house framer. Ever seen a fast food worker who didn't like his/her job? They suck at it. And it's not because of the money they're making (or not making) it's just because they suck at it.

My knee surgeon enjoyed his work. And it showed. He was an awesome doctor.

I don't think everyone would want a Lamborghini. Most people aren't really into speed racers.

That's greed talking. BTW, why would you want all that beef sent over at once? You'd just have to freeze it. Then most of it would get freezer burnt. Simply because you'd get tired of eating the same thing every day.

Again, you're putting a monetary value on labor. Which is why I said before you looking at this from a monetary value standpoint. In an RBE, there is no monetary anything.

Another thing you're overlooking, is the fact that in an RBE, one can do a type of job that they like and enjoy, vs doing something just for the money.
Fact: If a doctor is in it for just the money, he's probably a pretty bad doctor. Same as a house framer. Ever seen a fast food worker who didn't like his/her job? They suck at it. And it's not because of the money they're making (or not making) it's just because they suck at it.

My knee surgeon enjoyed his work. And it showed. He was an awesome doctor.

I don't know, I love the 6 new Mustangs I have, I could easily go for 6 more. Or 60.

I don't think everyone would want a Lamborghini.

Well, they're only planning to make 8200 this year.
What if people demand 8.2 million? Or 82 million?

That's greed talking.

That's your opinion.

BTW, why would you want all that beef sent over at once?

I foresee shortages in your RBE system. I want to beat the rush.

You'd just have to freeze it. Then most of it would get freezer burnt.

That would make me sad. I guess I'd throw it out and get another 1000 lbs.

Again, you're putting a monetary value on labor.

Where was the word "monetary" in my post?

I could mow a few lawns a day and get a 5000 sq ft home?

This RBE is just the best thing ever!!!!

Some people don't agree with this concept. Some don't understand it. The more that don't understand it, in all it's details, probably won't agree with it.

Then there's some who just like to argue.

Greed is one of the biggest draw backs to an RBE system.

But some of the pro's are

Much less crime
Fewer wars.
Better food
Better products
Better services
Fewer divorces
Fewer abortions
No poverty (except for the lazy bums who deserve to go without)
Better medical technology
Fewer hours spent on the job
Much more personal time
Retirement earlier
No more bankruptcies.

And a whole lot more.

Funny how people make money out to be the best thing since sliced cheese. But it brings soooo much bad stuff to the world.

Some people don't agree with this concept. Some don't understand it. The more that don't understand it, in all it's details, probably won't agree with it.

Then there's some who just like to argue.

Greed is one of the biggest draw backs to an RBE system.

But some of the pro's are

Much less crime
Fewer wars.
Better food
Better products
Better services
Fewer divorces
Fewer abortions
No poverty (except for the lazy bums who deserve to go without)
Better medical technology
Much more personal time
Retirement earlier
No more bankruptcies.

And a whole lot more.

Funny how people make money out to be the best thing since sliced cheese. But it brings soooo much bad stuff to the world.

Some don't understand it.

I understand it just fine, that's why I'm so easily poking holes in it.

Much less crime
Fewer wars.
Better food
Better products
Better services
Fewer divorces
Fewer abortions

Can you prove any of these claims? With actual logic?
Much more personal time

I agree totally. Why would I work more than a few hours a day?
I want to get back to my huge house with the 6 Mustangs...….
Retirement earlier

Why retire at all? Wouldn't that shut off the flow of new cars?

No money wouldn't work out better.

That's the thing about humans, some have always had the ability to patch holes. When you make a "hole," I can patch it. So far you've done is ask questions, without thinking about the answers/solutions yourself. As I suspected, you're just arguing....

Proving something with logic can only be accomplished when one is open to learning and understanding. So far, all you've done is try to bait me into you're point of view. And it's not working. Been there, done that. And no matter what I posted about this "concept," you already have it in your head that it's wrong.

Much more personal time

Retirement earlier

[/QUOTE]

Once again, you're asking questions, but laughing while you're asking, instead of thinking. Sooooo

You lose. I win.

When you want to ask me another question, don't. Unless you think about a solution/answer first. Then if you still can't figure it out, I'll probably feel sorry for you and answer it. I realize that a lot of folks are surface level thinkers.

That's the thing about humans, some have always had the ability to patch holes. When you make a "hole," I can patch it. So far you've done is ask questions, without thinking about the answers/solutions yourself. As I suspected, you're just arguing....

Proving something with logic can only be accomplished when one is open to learning and understanding. So far, all you've done is try to bait me into you're point of view. And it's not working. Been there, done that. And no matter what I posted about this "concept," you already have it in your head that it's wrong.

Much more personal time

Retirement earlier

Once again, you're asking questions, but laughing while you're asking, instead of thinking. Sooooo

You lose. I win.

When you want to ask me another question, don't. Unless you think about a solution/answer first. Then if you still can't figure it out, I'll probably feel sorry for you and answer it. I realize that a lot of folks are surface level thinkers.[/QUOTE]

When you make a "hole," I can patch it.

Allowing everyone who is "working" to get unlimited amounts of stuff is a pretty big hole.

Start patching!!!!

Proving something with logic can only be accomplished when one is open to learning and understanding.

I'm willing to learn how your magic economy will work.
Don't chicken out now.

Once again, you're asking questions, but laughing while you're asking

Of course I'm laughing. When anyone over the age of 8 thinks there is a magic Santa Claus who can
give you all you want, with no limit, what else is there to do but laugh?

When you want to ask me another question, don't. Unless you think about a solution/answer first.

I have the perfect solution to balance supply and demand.....get a job that pays in actual money.
Use your money to buy the things you want. And lay off the weed......your ideas about a
"new economy" might make a little more sense than, "Money is bad, if we get rid of it we'll have a utopia"

Much more personal time

Retirement earlier

You lose. I win.

When you want to ask me another question, don't. Unless you think about a solution/answer first. Then if you still can't figure it out, I'll probably feel sorry for you and answer it. I realize that a lot of folks are surface level thinkers.

Allowing everyone who is "working" to get unlimited amounts of stuff is a pretty big hole.

Start patching!!!!

Proving something with logic can only be accomplished when one is open to learning and understanding.

Don't chicken out now.

Of course I'm laughing. When anyone over the age of 8 thinks there is a magic Santa Claus who can

When you want to ask me another question, don't. Unless you think about a solution/answer first.

I have the perfect solution to balance supply and demand.....get a job that pays in actual money.
Use your money to buy the things you want. And lay off the weed......your ideas about a
"new economy" might make a little more sense than, "Money is bad, if we get rid of it we'll have a utopia"[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but not everyone is fine with being slaves to money. Especially when it's created by a few digits on a computer. They can create more money than you or I combine will ever make in our entire lives, in just a few seconds.

What an RBE does is allow us to enjoy the fruits of our labor. 40, 50, 60 hrs a week, just to pay bills your entire life, maybe take a vacation every 5 years, and still put gifts under the tree and food on the table, isn't enjoying NEAR as much as "we the people" should be enjoying.

BTW, the ONLY reason you'd want 10 mustangs, is because they're worth money. But when nothing has a monetary value on it, you enjoy them for what they are. Not what they're work.

You know, like people.

How would I turn that labor value into food and other resources?

dirty-pigs-pen-260nw-247086232.jpg

~S~

Much more personal time

Retirement earlier

You lose. I win.

Start patching!!!!

Don't chicken out now.

"new economy" might make a little more sense than, "Money is bad, if we get rid of it we'll have a utopia"
Sorry, but not everyone is fine with being slaves to money. Especially when it's created by a few digits on a computer. They can create more money than you or I combine will ever make in our entire lives, in just a few seconds.

What an RBE does is allow us to enjoy the fruits of our labor. 40, 50, 60 hrs a week, just to pay bills your entire life, maybe take a vacation every 5 years, and still put gifts under the tree and food on the table, isn't enjoying NEAR as much as "we the people" should be enjoying.

BTW, the ONLY reason you'd want 10 mustangs, is because they're worth money. But when nothing has a monetary value on it, you enjoy them for what they are. Not what they're work.

You know, like people.

Sorry, but not everyone is fine with being slaves to money.

I'm not a slave to money.

They can create more money than you or I combine will ever make in our entire lives, in just a few seconds.

Who do you imagine is unfairly creating this money?
How are they doing it? Be as specific as you can.

What an RBE does is allow us to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Even if there are no fruits of your labor.

BTW, the ONLY reason you'd want 10 mustangs, is because they're worth money.

I want them, even if they're worth zero.

the barter system is alive and well in this country ......

~S~

~S~

In an RBE, the only thing one would barter for are things that aren't made anymore or original things. Like paintings, custom cars etc etc. Things that aren't mass produced.

I'm not a slave to money.

You can't, almost no one can survive without money.

Who do you imagine is unfairly creating this money?
How are they doing it? Be as specific as you can.

The Federal Reserve

Even if there are no fruits of your labor.

You mean like banker?

I want them, even if they're worth zero.

Ok???

You can't, almost no one can survive without money.

So what?

The Federal Reserve

They don't use the money to prevent you from buying stuff.

You mean like banker?

No, I mean like the imaginary workers in your silly scenario.

So what?]/quote]

LOL...

This is true. Irrelevant. But true.

There are imaginary workers? I've never considered myself or those I was working with as imaginary. But if you say so.

There are imaginary workers?

Yes, the imaginary workers who are hired, for free, to get the swipe cards that allow them to obtain infinite stuff.

Did you ever figure out how a supply of 8200 Lamborghinis is going to keep up with demand?
The poor Lamborghini workers aren't going to work more hours. You promised them fewer hours spent on the job and much more personal time.

~S~

In an RBE, the only thing one would barter for are things that aren't made anymore or original things. Like paintings, custom cars etc etc. Things that aren't mass produced.

Just posting an example we already have Y'sT'y..., only problem is in cutting out the tax man

The concept is good, the devil in the details

JMHO.... if one is aware of the damage our debt driven economy has assumed under our failing fiat ,anything looks better

We're up to QE4 now, it's not even 5th page news, aside from the goldbugs having conniptions , along with the usual apocalyptic $$$ crash howlings....

so what happens when it does?

would individual state succeed into their own economic manifestations?

One would imagine it a shoe in for RBE

I can certainly tell you i won't be trading my services for a defunct piece of paper supported by a broken promise from the Fed....

~S~

~S~

Just posting an example we already have Y'sT'y..., only problem is in cutting out the tax man

The concept is good, the devil in the details

JMHO.... if one is aware of the damage our debt driven economy has assumed under our failing fiat ,anything looks better

We're up to QE4 now, it's not even 5th page news, aside from the goldbugs having conniptions , along with the usual apocalyptic $$$ crash howlings....

so what happens when it does?

would individual state succeed into their own economic manifestations?

One would imagine it a shoe in for RBE

I can certainly tell you i won't be trading my services for a defunct piece of paper supported by a broken promise from the Fed....

~S~

We start learning how our monetary system works at a very young age. It's not until we get older, and learn how fiat currency is create, controlled and distributed that we realize just how screwed up it is. Especially when you get that first check only to find out that getting a job and working for money, does the government think they can charge you for doing it.

This whole RBE seems insane, until one sits down and realize just how insane our monetary fiat system is.

I started thinking about all this after learning how money is actually created. And realizing it's worth is only that of what those who create it (out of thin air) say it's worth.

Greed is the biggest factor against an RBE. Some might wonder how bad it would be for a ditch digger to drive the same car as a brain surgeon. As if a brain surgeon or a ditch digger gives a crap about what each other drives.

So what?]/quote]

LOL...

There are imaginary workers? I've never considered myself or those I was working with as imaginary. But if you say so.

Yes, the imaginary workers who are hired, for free, to get the swipe cards that allow them to obtain infinite stuff.

Did you ever figure out how a supply of 8200 Lamborghinis is going to keep up with demand?
The poor Lamborghini workers aren't going to work more hours. You promised them fewer hours spent on the job and much more personal time.

You're not very good at thinking below the surface level, are you?

Here's a help: There's more to it than just whats on the surface level of this "concept." A lot of factors. Like the "greed" factor you seem to be stuck on.

Here's another help for you (because I feel sorry for you). All those automobile plants that make low end cars, for the lower middle class, would be converted into plants that actually make good cars. Because in order to stay in business, the company would have to make the best cars. Not cars that just fit a certain market. (Lower middle class)

So what?]/quote]

LOL...

Here's a help: There's more to it than just whats on the surface level of this "concept." A lot of factors. Like the "greed" factor you seem to be stuck on.

Here's another help for you (because I feel sorry for you). All those automobile plants that make low end cars, for the lower middle class, would be converted into plants that actually make good cars. Because in order to stay in business, the company would have to make the best cars. Not cars that just fit a certain market. (Lower middle class)

If you come up with something that doesn't fail so epically on the surface, I'll be happy to dig deeper into your confusion. At this point, no need.

All those automobile plants that make low end cars, for the lower middle class, would be converted into plants that actually make good cars.

But all the workers are only working 10 hours a week. Or less. Output will collapse.

Because in order to stay in business, the company would have to make the best cars.

Stay in business? All their supplies are free, how could they fail?

Now, where is my 1000 lbs of filet?

Forum List

Back