"The middle class is getting crushed."

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
That is an actual verbatim quote from the leading Democrat contender for the presidency.

Of course I'll pulverize it....but, even Democrat voters know it's one more Democrat lie.
My point? That truth is not a Leftist value.
They just don't care if it's a lie...and they are fine with parroting it.

1. "Democrats Peddle Doom, but the Middle Class Never Had It So Good
Former Vice President Joe Biden recently declared, "The middle class is getting crushed. And the working class has no way up."

Sen. Bernie Sanders stews that President Donald Trump's policies have brought "handouts for billionaires and hunger for the poor."

Mayor Pete Buttigieg claims that many working families are struggling so much financially they don't have enough income to be able to "afford a two-bedroom apartment."

The Washington Post says that Americans are awash in debt they can't repay.

2. If things are so bad, how is it that a new poll from CNN -- hardly a network friendly to Trump -- finds 3 of 4 Americans rate the economy as pretty good or really good.

We have become so rich as a nation that even most poor families can buy dolls and baseball bats and $100 Nike basketball shoes for their kids, as well as cellphones that have more computing power than every computer used to put a man on the moon.

It is nonsense to say the poor and the middle class are worse off than they were 20 or 30 or 50 years ago.

Go to any neighborhood Walmart or Target, and you will see average and even low-income Americans -- blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, teenagers, mothers with three kids, and seniors -- filing out of the store with sometimes two or three shopping carts overflowing with toasters, winter coats, flowers, games, dog food, stuffed animals, potato chips, video games and every conceivable piece of merchandise -- all stuffed in the back of the minivan."
Democrats Peddle Doom, but the Middle Class Never Had It So Good

3. Maybe Democrats could look forward to the end of private health insurance, reparations for slavery and drug dealers, financial security for those who ‘don’t care to work,’ abortion rights for 'transwomen (men), and packing the Supreme Court, you know, if their party takes over......

"Democrats Peddle Doom, but the Middle Class Never Had It So Good
Former Vice President Joe Biden recently declared, "The middle class is getting crushed. And the working class has no way up."

Sen. Bernie Sanders stews that President Donald Trump's policies have brought "handouts for billionaires and hunger for the poor."

Mayor Pete Buttigieg claims that many working families are struggling so much financially they don't have enough income to be able to "afford a two-bedroom apartment."

4. "...well over half of all Americans own stock through 401(k) plans and other retirement savings. When the Dow Jones rises by 10,000 points in three years, it isn't just Warren Buffett who feels the wealth effect.

This past year, median family income adjusted for inflation rose to $66,000 for the first time ever. Think about that. In 90% of the world, an income of $66,000 is rich, rich, rich. The average household income in China -- which is our major challenger for global supremacy -- is less than $15,000. That's less than one-fourth of the level in America. There is an old saying that is true now more than ever: If you have to be poor, America is a good place to be poor."

You could attempt to be....but you wouldn't succeed.

I think you had too much to dream last night, PC. Wake up. You're talking to the champ now. You're not talking to one of these other wingnuts who can't reason beyond the distortion they're fed.

The only question is whether I feel like it or not. What I feel is to be had by it. At the moment I'm merely humored by your commentary here.

Of course I'll pulverize it....

Except that you didn't. You're setting yourself up for a good crushing is what you're doing. Respectfully speaking.

Let's check.

80. "Wages and salaries jump by 3.1%, highest level in a decade

81. “Job growth surges by 312,000 in December” Job growth surges by 312,000 in December
82. "Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring"
Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. "
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

83. "Record 157,288,000 Employed in July

(CNSNews.com) - The number of people employed in the United States hit a record 157,288,000 in July, according to the employment report released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That was up 283,000 from the 157,005,000 employed in June."

Record 157,288,000 Employed in July

84. “…Planned Parenthood announced that it would withdraw from Title X, a federal family planning program that helps poor women access birth control and other health services. As a result, the organization will lose about $60 million a year in federal funding. The decision was made in response to a new Trump administration rule which forbids Title X clinics from referring patients for abortions.” Planned Parenthood Just Lost $60M in Funding. What Does That Mean for Women?
85. “U.S. adds 136,000 jobs in September, unemployment rate hits 50-year low”

Published: Oct 4, 2019 10:32 a.m. ET

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-adds-136000-jobs-in-september-unemployment-rate-hits-50-year-low-2019-10-04
86. “Record 158,510,000 Americans Employed in October; 23rd Record for Trump” Record 158,510,000 Americans Employed in October; 23rd Record for Trump

87. “Black Unemployment Rate Hits All Time Low”
Huge October Payrolls Beat: 128K Jobs Added As Black Unemployment Rate Hits All Time Low

88. “Dow jumps more than 200 points to 28,000, posts 4-week winning streak The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied to record levels on Friday, reaching 28,000 for the first time ever…” Dow jumps more than 200 points to 28,000, posts 4-week winning streak

89. “Jobs growth soars in November as payrolls surge by 266,000

Nonfarm payrolls surged by 266,000 in November, better than the 187,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.

The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5% from 3.6%, back to the 2019 low and matching the lowest jobless rate since 1969.

Average hourly earnings rose by 3.1% from a year ago, slightly above the 3% expected by economists polled by Dow Jones. Jobs growth soars in November as payrolls surge by 266,000

90. “CNN Poll: US economy receives its best ranking in nearly 20 years
(CNN)As 2019 comes to a close, the US economy earns its highest ratings in almost two decades, potentially boosting President Donald Trump in matchups against the Democrats vying to face him in next year's election, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.’” US economy receives its best ranking in nearly 20 years, CNN poll finds - CNNPolitics

91." Appointing conservative judges is the one objective that unites the Republican Party. It is one of the few things the Senate can do without the House.

And it is something that immediately impacts public policy because, during times of divided government, many political fights end up being resolved judicially.

Trump may not have the “best people” representing him or running his White House, but he’s picking them to be judges. Indeed, “based solely on objective legal credentials,” left-leaning Vox’s Ian Millhiser says, “the average Trump appointee has a far more impressive résumé than any past president’s nominees.”
Approximately 40 percent of Trump’s appellate nominees clerked for a Supreme Court justice, and about 80 percent clerked on a federal court of appeals. That compares to less than a quarter of Obama’s nominees who clerked on the Supreme Court, and less than half with a federal appellate clerkship."
All We Want for Christmas is More Judges: Ho, Ho, Ho

I'm available if you need further remediation.

4. "...well over half of all Americans own stock through 401(k) plans and other retirement savings. When the Dow Jones rises by 10,000 points in three years, it isn't just Warren Buffett who feels the wealth effect.

This past year, median family income adjusted for inflation rose to $66,000 for the first time ever. Think about that. In 90% of the world, an income of $66,000 is rich, rich, rich. The average household income in China -- which is our major challenger for global supremacy -- is less than $15,000. That's less than one-fourth of the level in America. There is an old saying that is true now more than ever: If you have to be poor, America is a good place to be poor."

Actually, the middle class IS getting crushed, and have been progressively so since the late 70s. When I was a kid, both parents didn't work, in fact, it was an embarrassment if a guy's wife had to work to help support the family. And now we are getting crushed by healthcare which used to be fully paid for by employers now paid for by employees---- with no pay raise! Instead of a small copayment, you now buy into a plan where you must pay hundreds of dollars out of every pay, then pay a huge deductible.

To just make the equivalent of the "minimum wage" of the late 70s, today you need to earn about $13/hour.

So, you're just gonna copypasta the distortion? Heh heh. See, this is what I meant by thinking what there is to be had by it. I've been back and forth with the rest of the mainstream media monkeys on this stuff a thousand times. Sigh.

You could attempt to be....but you wouldn't succeed.

I think you had too much to dream last night, PC. Wake up. You're talking to the champ now. You're not talking to one of these other wingnuts who can't reason beyond the distortion they're fed.

The only question is whether I feel like it or not. What I feel is to be had by it. At the moment I'm merely humored by your commentary here.

"You're talking to the champ now. "

That's 'chump.'

dog-humor-losing-your-teeth-in-3-2-1.jpg

That's 'chump.'

Well, maybe I'll scribble something up for you. I'm not much of a copypasta kinda feller. But be forewarned. It will sting. Is that really how you want to be remembered? I'm offering you an out, dear.

Actually, the middle class IS getting crushed, and have been progressively so since the late 70s. When I was a kid, both parents didn't work, in fact, it was an embarrassment if a guy's wife had to work to help support the family. And now we are getting crushed by healthcare which used to be fully paid for by employers now paid for by employees---- with no pay raise! Instead of a small copayment, you now buy into a plan where you must pay hundreds of dollars out of every pay, then pay a huge deductible.

To just make the equivalent of the "minimum wage" of the late 70s, today you need to earn about $13/hour.

You're confusing two different things.

1. As proven by the stats of the Trump economy, the middle class is not getting crushed.
In fact.....there are no...that's zero....poor folks in this country.
Any number that fits the definition...no home, no heat, no food....is nothing more than a rounding error and due to mental illness and/or addiction.

2. The Democrat Party is the single greatest bar to wealth accumulation, via taxation.

Before their taxation depredation, one parent could stay home and raise the children.

But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.” He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.” The Education of President Obama

What do you suppose is the correct level of taxation?

So, you're just gonna copypasta the distortion? Heh heh. See, this is what I meant by thinking what there is to be had by it. I've been back and forth with the rest of the mainstream media monkeys on this stuff a thousand times. Sigh.

What is your problem with a series of facts about the economy and the nation?

That it eviscerates your post?

You should be used to it by now.

Right now you’re probably trying to brush something off your face….you didn’t realize it was the floor.

That's 'chump.'

Well, maybe I'll scribble something up for you. I'm not much of a copypasta kinda feller. But be forewarned. It will sting. Is that really how you want to be remembered? I'm offering you an out, dear.

So sorry about your man-bean-ectomy.

Time to hand out another trophy for “Not-Tonight-Dear,- I’ve-Got-A-Crushed-Ego.”

Time to hand out another trophy for “Not-Tonight-Dear,- I’ve-Got-A-Crushed-Ego.”

No, I'll scribble something down for you. I assure you, however, that anything I'd mention wouldn't come from CNN, CNBC, VOX, and whatever other fake news sources you linked here that are peddling the distortion. Think you could use a good dose of reality. Just don't take it personal.

No, I'll scribble something down for you. I assure you, however, that anything I'd mention wouldn't come from CNN, CNBC, VOX, and whatever other fake news sources you linked here that are peddling the distortion. Think you could use a good dose of reality. Just don't take it personal.

Do us both a favor and get lost.

Do us both a favor and get lost.

Well, no, I'm sorry, PC. Now we have to finish what we've started here. I'm just waiting for our audience. As I said, I'll have to spend a little time jotting anyway. Have a coffee or something in the mean time.

And how many cars did those families have? How many television sets? How big of a house?

You're pining for something that never existed. Families could EASILY make it on one income if they accepted the lifestyle of the 1950's instead of our lives of opulence.

The middle class is getting squeezed would be more accurate.
And the Democrats are key players in why.
The middle class pays more as a % of their wages in taxes than any other class... by far. So we have to finance all of the plethora of expanded liberal social programs and get crushed by corporatism and the investor class that Obama exceedingly lavished his entire Presidency.

And wages up 3% is a mere, and undetectable blip to a few decades of stagnant wages.

They have to throw that out there.

They knew when Trump won that, if exactly this happened, where the middle class saw increased prosperity, that they were in trouble, not only for this next election, but as a party.

Trump and his policies are seen as an existential threat by the left. Some of them said it back when he won, but really expected him to implode and destroy the economy, handing them an easy win in 2020.

This is the basis for their vitriol and foaming at the mouth lunacy. It isnt about good of country or even necessarily about Trump. It is about them and not losing their own power, so their continuing to tell these lies is all they can do.

They have to talk about the economy, and they cannot tell the truth on this and expect any shot whatsoever of winning in 2020, as by doing so they would be pushing voters right into Trump's column, and handing him the election, and they know it.

They have to throw that out there.

They knew when Trump won that, if exactly this happened, where the middle class saw increased prosperity, that they were in trouble, not only for this next election, but as a party.

Trump and his policies are seen as an existential threat by the left. Some of them said it back when he won, but really expected him to implode and destroy the economy, handing them an easy win in 2020.

This is the basis for their vitriol and foaming at the mouth lunacy. It isnt about good of country or even necessarily about Trump. It is about them and not losing their own power, so their continuing to tell these lies is all they can do.

They have to talk about the economy, and they cannot tell the truth on this and expect any shot whatsoever of winning in 2020, as by doing so they would be pushing voters right into Trump's column, and handing him the election, and they know it.

What worries me is the Liberal playbook doesn't just include lying.

Historic review: every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.

Forum List

Back