Rap

I'm NOT into Rap, but I really like your new avatar picture, Mortimer. You are stylin'!

Rap. I'm an audiophile / musicphile but I admit I never understand rap. As best as I can tell:
  • You have to be young and Black with few exceptions to be a legitimate rapper. No other music form AFAIK is iso-racist like that.
  • I never understood why Blacks are always cold. They all wear heavy coats with hoods and caps. Everything is covered heavy except their pants are half down their ass. Don't any of them live in warm climates? Do they all have cold heads and hot asses?
  • Every rap video entails certain repeating elements (and it seems every rap song gets a video):
    1. Large groups of young people hanging out at night in the city all doing nothing. Don't any Black people ever live in the country? Do any of them ever consider going in and studying to get an education and better job? Apparently they don't need to work because they seem to manage to get lots of the things below just sitting around rapping.
    2. Cars. Nice cars. Riding around in luxury cars that others can just see you, riding around in a luxury car.
    3. Money. Lots of money. Pockets full of cash.
    4. Women. Voluptuous women with big asses as sex objects.
    5. Drugs. Often drugs, lots of drugs. Not always, but often.
    6. Guns. They carry them like a cellphone. Not always, but often.
    7. Lyrics. I'm never sure just what the song is about, but it usually seems to be about respect. Wanting respect, getting respect, or having respect, by having lots of friends, nice cars, lots of money, women, drugs and guns. And if you don't respect them, they are apt to take your friends, cars, money, women, and drugs! Or end up getting shot dead in the process (over friends, cars, money, women, drugs or guns). Do I have that mostly right?
Why do I get the feeling that Democrats are mostly behind the rap industry?

VNkObEq.gif

Forum List

Back