Rand Paul says the quiet part out loud regarding elections

You say you want "fewer people to vote".

Of course, this is just a weaselly lie by a sniveling little snake of a man, as the truth is:

You want fewer people to vote who vote for things you don't like.

that's all. You are not clever, or original. Just another dumbfuck who thinks he happened upon the unoriginal idea of authoritarianism all by himself.
Like who vote to take more of my money? Who vote to shove authoritarianism down my throat? Who votes to invade MY life? Yes, i dont like that shit.
Dumbfucks and leeches vote for that shit. Not decent minded people. You obviously wouldnt understand, federal supremacist scum.

Why would democrats not cherish liberty? You didn't mind them fighting and dying you for the country and paying their taxes yet now you call them un American and want communism.
The liberty you speak of is all over the the world. America didn't invent it. It's your type of violent fascism they don't want and the voters showed you.
violent fascism? WTF are you talking about? Good grief

I love how not wanting dead weight to vote on things that impact my life really gets under you guys skin.
You guys must take it personally :rofl:

Yes let’s model your country after a science-fiction movie.

The idea of who gets to rule is one that has been done nearly every way imaginable. From the Divine Right of Kings to limited suffrage. To our current model of universal suffrage.

All of them have worked. None have worked well. Kings are not always great. And they would need to be. Limited Suffrage doesn’t work. Limiting the vote to land owners means they are liable to put policies that benefit them ahead of the needs of the country. It is how Slavery was justified.

You deride the idea as coming from a book. But don’t all our ideas come from a book? No one is born knowing the value of freedom of speech. They need to read the origins. Milton. Coke. Voltaire.

We get Submarines from Jules Verne. We got Bombers from him too.

We got flying machines from drawings made centuries before it was possible to build the devices.

Imagination inspired every change. And let’s consider the idea of Veterans Only Voting.

First. The idea that the voters must put the nation before their own wants. Land Owners have to accept that some of what they want to do is not good for the nation. So they are restricted. Everyone must. But these groups never agree to their own restrictions. Just the restrictions that fall upon those others.

Veterans have demonstrated that they are able and willing to put something else before themselves. They have risked life and limb to serve the nation. Signing away their right to say no to danger.

They may not choose more wisely than anyone else. But at least their poll tax was paid up front.

So while the idea comes from a book. It isn’t crazy. It has some logic behind it.

Just as the Nautilus was based in science when the fiction was written.

The idea of who gets to rule is one that has been done nearly every way imaginable. From the Divine Right of Kings to limited suffrage. To our current model of universal suffrage.

All of them have worked. None have worked well. Kings are not always great. And they would need to be. Limited Suffrage doesn’t work. Limiting the vote to land owners means they are liable to put policies that benefit them ahead of the needs of the country. It is how Slavery was justified.

You deride the idea as coming from a book. But don’t all our ideas come from a book? No one is born knowing the value of freedom of speech. They need to read the origins. Milton. Coke. Voltaire.

We got flying machines from drawings made centuries before it was possible to build the devices.

Imagination inspired every change. And let’s consider the idea of Veterans Only Voting.

First. The idea that the voters must put the nation before their own wants. Land Owners have to accept that some of what they want to do is not good for the nation. So they are restricted. Everyone must. But these groups never agree to their own restrictions. Just the restrictions that fall upon those others.

Veterans have demonstrated that they are able and willing to put something else before themselves. They have risked life and limb to serve the nation. Signing away their right to say no to danger.

They may not choose more wisely than anyone else. But at least their poll tax was paid up front.

So while the idea comes from a book. It isn’t crazy. It has some logic behind it.

For almost everyone who signs up it’s just a job not a heroic act of sacrifice. Same with firemen, police, nurses and doctors. All great disciplines that help communities but the reason for becoming one is usually dollars and sense.

72C97136-7F4C-46DB-AF62-ABA22698C9D3.png

You’re right, he should say it out loud, want welfare checks get working

People who are working full time should not need "welfare". Only in America are full time workers dependent on government handouts to make ends meet. Only in America are the corporations not required to pay a living wage.

What a load of bullshit that is. The original book glorified the military and war. Something that is already happening in the USA. If you really want to "thank you for your service", you wouldn't waste so many lives on wars of aggression.

I would remind you that no military dictatorship ever did right by the nation or its people.

What a load of bullshit that is. The original book glorified the military and war. Something that is already happening in the USA. If you really want to "thank you for your service", you wouldn't waste so many lives on wars of aggression.

I would remind you that no military dictatorship ever did right by the nation or its people.

And you think Veterans would vote for a dictatorship?

There are a few. But far less than the general population. It was those who never served who shouted loudest that Trump should declare martial law and stay in power with the military’s help. It was those who never served who said that the Military should coup against Biden, or Trump.

Those who served know the hell of war. They know the sights. The sounds. And something you never get from movies. The smells. The particular odor of rotting flesh, burned explosive, and burning flesh. These smells are the stuff of nightmares.

Those who know things first hand are always the ones who wish to avoid it. No Orthopedic Surgeon takes risks which could probably lead to broken bones. They know how much damage is done and the pain that follows.

Nuclear Physicists are the ones to watch around Radiation. They know what will happen. They know the agonizing death that awaits them.

Veterans who have seen war are the least likely to want it. They’ve seen enemies die. They’ve seen friends die. And all things being equal they would rather not see it ever again. But there are things that are worse than the sights and even the smells.

And that is why they step up. Because their families. Their friends. Their country is more important.

Once you are in the fight. It’s the fellow troops to your left and right that are why you don’t quit. You can’t let them down. But the decision on why to fight is bigger. It’s hard to put into words.

I personally wanted to insure the rights others had died to protect were not lost. The rights of the people mattered a great deal. There is more of course. But in the end I walked away from the army 9 years later. My discharge was Honorable.

But think of it this way. Every group wants to limit “them” from voting. Racists want to limit Blacks and Hispanics. Others want to limit the votes of racist pigs.

The Military is truly multicultural. All the races are represented. All the religious beliefs including atheists.

Racists could not argue that Minorities shouldn’t vote. Minorities had served. Case closed. The Racists wouldn’t join in large enough numbers to make any impact. They wouldn’t want to be that close to the subhumans.

The people voting would be able to remember that they had served with damned good people who were Black or Brown or whatever. It would be people who knew that other races and religious faiths were people too. These folks wouldn’t be a simple “them” to denigrate.

You can’t say that about even a bare majority of voters today.

People who are working full time should not need "welfare". Only in America are full time workers dependent on government handouts to make ends meet. Only in America are the corporations not required to pay a living wage.
How does someone get paid who works for a business?

Like who vote to take more of my money?
Yes genius. Nobody likes paying taxes, and nobody is perfectly pleased about where every one of their tax dollars go.

So people are adults and understand that is part of rhe social contract, in a democratic society.

And some morons think that means we should do away with democracy and let an authoritarian decide by fiat how taxes are spent.

I'm talking to one right now. You aren't fresh or original. We have been dealing with people like you for centuries.

Yes genius. Nobody likes paying taxes, and nobody is perfectly pleased about where every one of their tax dollars go.

So people are adults and understand that is part of rhe social contract, in a democratic society.

And some morons think that means we should do away with democracy and let an authoritarian decide by fiat how taxes are spent.

I'm talking to one right now. You aren't fresh or original. We have been dealing with people like you for centuries.
Let an authoritarian decide? Have you even read what I have been writing? Good grief man. Fuck.
I get the whole social construct thing, dipshit. You federal supremacists cant see the forest from the trees.
Grow the fuck up

What do you think happens, as we restrict the vote?
decent people might be elected. For once.
We might not have ever had a peaches in chief. Or a president that shits himself and cant formulate a complete thought. Or congressmen that thinks the jews have space lasers. Or some dumbass bimbo from the bronx that thinks we can pay for super expensive policy by having all the banks print money.
America is full of fucking idiots like you that vote for tribalism over policy.

I dont want dumb leeches voting for leaders of this country so that means i want a king or some shit :rofl:
I couldnt make this shit up if i tried :lol:

decent people might be elected. For once.
Not if you are still voting. Gotta take away your registration. Circulate a questionnaire, and everyone who displays your traits loses their registration.

Then maybe someone decent will be elected.

Cool?

Not if you are still voting. Gotta take away your registration. Circulate a questionnaire, and everyone who displays your traits loses their registration.

Then maybe someone decent will be elected.

Cool?
You are boring. Good day dumbfuck

People on welfare should work for their money though

Forum List

Back