Rand Paul detained by TSA

What is political correct?

Paul set off a scanner and was asked to submit to a patdown. It is the price we pay for freedom.
Getting pat down like a prisoner is "freedom"? :confused:

Tell us rightwinger, how many terrorist acts have been stopped by the TSA patting passengers down?

How many terrorist acts have been stopped by TSA in the last ten years?

All of them.....they should be very proud of their record. Their procedures are working

Actually the underwear bomber made it past the TSA and the guy with the failed Times Square bomb actually made it on to a plane before the feds caught him.

But no 90 year old war vets with prosthetic legs or 2 year olds with dirty diapers have blown up a plane.

So what you are saying is that Rosa Parks should have moved to the back of the bus?

He disagrees with the law and he wants it changed. He chose this method to challenge it. I am sure he knew the consequences. I have every right to try and get a law changed that I disagree with. You have the right to petition your government and get the speed limit laws changed. You could do that by driving 100 mph everywhere if you chose but you have to be willing to suffer the consequences.

Rosa Parks chose to boycott the bus line because she did not like their policies. rand Paul is free to boycott the airlines if he wants to open our sky's to terrorists

So what your saying is you're incapable of admitting their is some middle ground we could compromise on.

You would rather subject ALL Americans to humiliation than actually target our possible enemies.

Telling

to get into a bar, All Americans are glad to be humiliated when they are forced to show ID.

To get the senior discount, all Americans are glad to be humiliated when they are forced to prove they are over 65.

So...in other words...it is a deterrant.

Or do you believe that after 9-11 all of the bad people out there said "We will no longer carry weapons on an airliner becuase the American people dont like it when we do"

My Latin's a little rusty, but I believe "post hoc ergo propter hoc" applies in this case.

Curious...

We have not been attacked by terrorists since 2001..

I believe Bush and many of the policies he set in place kept us safe.

Are you saying such is not the case...are yoiu saying we are safe becuase...well....because the terrorists have no interest in us anymore?

I seem to recall someone with a bomb of some sort hidden in their underpants board a plane a few Christmases ago. If only the TSA had deterred him. Luckily he was inept, but imagine if he wasn't.

The TSA is not there to protect the people. It is there to protect the criminals.

What is political correct?

Paul set off a scanner and was asked to submit to a patdown. It is the price we pay for freedom.

Tell us rightwinger, how many terrorist acts have been stopped by the TSA patting passengers down?

All of them.....they should be very proud of their record. Their procedures are working
If they stopped anyone, there would be a record of it. Show us how the TSA protects us rightwinger. You can't.

iu4yM.jpg

I would imagine he's using this as an opportunity for a whiny stump speech. Fact is, he is not above the law. If he doesn't want to abide by the law, he is free to boycott the airlines.

Grampa Murked U
This is a perfect example of political correctness run amuck.

What is "politically correct" about safe flights?

If they stopped anyone, there would be a record of it. Show us how the TSA protects us rightwinger. You can't.

iu4yM.jpg

How did Osama bin laden make out in the war on terrorism?

What was Rand and Ron Paul's reaction to killing bin Laden? oh yea.....we overstepped our bounds

Last edited:
Rosa Parks chose to boycott the bus line because she did not like their policies. rand Paul is free to boycott the airlines if he wants to open our sky's to terrorists

So what your saying is you're incapable of admitting their is some middle ground we could compromise on.

You would rather subject ALL Americans to humiliation than actually target our possible enemies.

Telling

to get into a bar, All Americans are glad to be humiliated when they are forced to show ID.

To get the senior discount, all Americans are glad to be humiliated when they are forced to prove they are over 65.

Well showing your identification is not comparable to being groped, even though I would disagree with that as well. When the TSA starts patrolling bars and other private institutions we'll have a problem with that as well.

My Latin's a little rusty, but I believe "post hoc ergo propter hoc" applies in this case.

Curious...

Are you saying such is not the case...are yoiu saying we are safe becuase...well....because the terrorists have no interest in us anymore?

I seem to recall someone with a bomb of some sort hidden in their underpants board a plane a few Christmases ago. If only the TSA had deterred him. Luckily he was inept, but imagine if he wasn't.

TSA DID deter him. He did, however, get past Amsterdam's security.

According to this article, he wasn't detained, he was simply refused entry.

TSA turns away Sen. Rand Paul at airport checkpoint - CNN.com

and he should have been refused entry. He did not follow the rules.

Buying a ticket means you accept the possibility of being groped.

You dont want to get groped, dont by a ticket.

And Rosa Parks could have chosen not to ride the bus.

Poor example.

Not at all related.

Rosa Parks complained about not having equal rights to that bus as everyone else.

No passenger has less rights than any other passenger on a commercial flight.

Analogy is a fail...try again.

Curious...

TSA DID deter him. He did, however, get past Amsterdam's security.

Deterred him after he attempted to blow up the airplane.

Curious...

He did not board through a TSA checkpoint. Oh...and by the way...that scanner that Rand Paul set off was put there in response to that underwear bomber

iu4yM.jpg

How did Osama bin laden make out in the war on terrorism?

What was Rand and Ron Paul's reaction to killing bin Laden? oh yea.....we overstepped our bounds

The repubs wanted to give him a state funeral.

Actually, they wanted to pardon him. At least that's what it looked like since they couldn't be bothered with hunting him down and catching him. Just one more job President Obama had to do FOR baby Bush.

Curious...

He did not board through a TSA checkpoint. Oh...and by the way...that scanner that Rand Paul set off was put there in response to that underwear bomber

And we know that there are other examples of people who have boarded planes that have gotten past TSA checkpoints.

Forum List

Back