Rand Paul Begs President Biden For Relief Aid After Deadly Tornados. After A Career Of Voting No When Others Needed Aid

Alabama. And I'm for term limits to all of them. But rather return the power to the states where they belong. The people of Kentucky pay taxes. And have earned the right to funding from FEMA. Most bills are Loaded with Pork spending and then they use those votes to say He didn't vote for helping people. It's all BS and a show.
I'm really just not a Rand fan. Agree on the term limits. Agree spending bills are always loaded with pork, because they are, no matter which party is pushing them. Like I said they love to spend money and play hero. Yes, quite a bit of it is a BS sh#t show.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky dashed off a letter to President Joe Biden today pleading for expeditious federal relief aid to victims of a deadly 200-mile tornado that struck his state Friday.

In 2017, Paul was one of just 17 senators to oppose an emergency $15.3 billion federal relief bill for victims of Hurricane Harvey. In 2013, Paul was one of 31 Republican senators who voted against a $50.5 billion relief aid package for Hurricane Sandy.

Kentucky had been the nation’s largest recipient of FEMA funding ($293 million), mostly because of a 2009 ice storm.

Paul and no one else should have to ask for aid after this natural nightmare......but like Obama was when Tenn got hit with storms and flooding during his years, Biden is being a selfish vindicative pig.

"He said he would have supported the bill if it reappropriated funds from other areas, rather than add on additional spending, reported WFPL, a Louisville-area news radio station.

"I would have given them 9 billion and I would've taken the 9 billion from somewhere else
Is he making the same demand now for his own state?????
NO!

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky dashed off a letter to President Joe Biden today pleading for expeditious federal relief aid to victims of a deadly 200-mile tornado that struck his state Friday.

In 2017, Paul was one of just 17 senators to oppose an emergency $15.3 billion federal relief bill for victims of Hurricane Harvey. In 2013, Paul was one of 31 Republican senators who voted against a $50.5 billion relief aid package for Hurricane Sandy.

Kentucky had been the nation’s largest recipient of FEMA funding ($293 million), mostly because of a 2009 ice storm.

Hey skews13 it looks like using Rawsewage has bit you in the ass again.

Here is what Paul said. Please highlight the “begging” part, Assfart.

“The governor of the Commonwealth has requested federal assistance this morning, and certainly further requests will be coming as the situation is assessed. I fully support those requests and ask that you move expeditiously to approve the appropriate resources for our state.”

As someone who had 1st hand experience with the waste/fraud involved with federal disaster relief Rand Paul was not wrong in opposing the spending and asking it be paid for by cutting other things. It's not a bit of a stretch to say that at least half of the funds allocated are wasted.

Were he is dead wrong is expecting funds to be expedited without review now. I get it but I must say I'm a bit disappointed in him. That said I guess when a disaster hits close to home your priorities change real quick.

If we still had a real president like Donald Trump who was an actual man and leader of the people, you wouldn't NEED to beg the guy just to get aid after the horrors of these tornadoes, he'd be already on the phone offering it to you!
Demanding you you replace the electoral slate of electors first, or no money for you!

Using Rawsewage exposes you as a Dimtard hack idiot. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Raw Story - Left Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - Credible
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT BIAS​

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Raw Story Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to half-true, false, and unproven claims, as well as the promotion of mild pseudoscience misinformation.

WaPo and the left, and Paul, Cruz, & the CBO apparently have different definitions of what disaster relief are.

you-never-let-a-serious-crisis-go-to-waste-760x358.jpg

Ted Cruz’s claim that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill ‘had nothing to do with Sandy’​

"Update: As we suspected, Cruz’s reference to two-thirds was in reference to the slow spending of the funds, not pork, but that’s a misunderstanding of the CBO score. Spokeswoman Catherine Frazier cited $33 billion in long-term spending, including the $16 billion in Community Development Block Grants for a range of disasters. She flagged $10.9 billion in Federal Transit Administration aid, but according to CRS half of that was directed toward Sandy response and recovery efforts. Beside many of the line items described above, she also cited $122 million for Amtrak, of which about a quarter was for repairs of the Manhattan terminal and the rest for recovery and resiliency projects in the affected area.

“When regions face serious disasters causing extensive damage, the federal government has an obligation to assist with assets to address the emergency,” Frazier said. “Sen. Cruz strongly supports this role of government, but emergency bills should not be used for non-emergency spending and that unfortunately is what made up nearly 70 percent of the $50.5 billion HR 152 bill.”

I imagine that while Rand is busy leading, that Biden and company are likely huddled together and slobbering all over themselves in a dark hole some place, scheming on what all other nonsense they can throw into an aid package. Never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste and whatnot. Watch and see...
It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to roll it into that "Green New Deal," legislation, to try to force the right to vote for that package. . .

:rolleyes:

They love to omnibus the hell out of everything these days, and call that extortion, "compromise."

iu

Forum List

Back