Rand Paul Begs President Biden For Relief Aid After Deadly Tornados. After A Career Of Voting No When Others Needed Aid

skews13
Of course he's asking for aid. Have you seen the destruction?? Any good Governor would ask for aid.

Doesn't matter to them what they said before. When they need aid they ask for it. Hypocritical?? You bet.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky dashed off a letter to President Joe Biden today pleading for expeditious federal relief aid to victims of a deadly 200-mile tornado that struck his state Friday.

In 2017, Paul was one of just 17 senators to oppose an emergency $15.3 billion federal relief bill for victims of Hurricane Harvey. In 2013, Paul was one of 31 Republican senators who voted against a $50.5 billion relief aid package for Hurricane Sandy.

Kentucky had been the nation’s largest recipient of FEMA funding ($293 million), mostly because of a 2009 ice storm.

Despite his MD paper... in a political context... he's an ignorant, hypocritical jacka$$... a step down from his Old Man... and that's a low bar in its own right...

Despite his MD paper... in a political context... he's an ignorant, hypocritical jacka$$... a step down from his Old Man... and that's a low bar in its own right...

I may not have always agreed with Ron BUT he was consistent and that is something to appreciate and rare in a politician.

What rand opposed was the fact that they tried to throw in short-term extentions to the debt ceiling.

Hurricane Harvey relief should have been a clean bill. He would have fully supported it.

Unfortunately, they never want to let a perfectly good crisis go to waste and always try to shove a bill full of everything else.

Anything Rand Paul writes for the benefit of his constituents will be an absolutely clean bill.
Dims always get their idiot feelings in the way of facts.

100% right, and you should read through the rest of my post to understand the whole premise of what I was saying.
Hmm,no, you are 100%wrong. Sorry. And you made a silly error that could have been prevented by learning something about this topic before spouting off, or by reading the thread and being spoonfed the information.

Time to inject some reality in the leftist hate-fest.

Rand Paul donating $100,000 to tornado relief effort

Senator Rand Paul recently announced a $100,000 donation to various charities across the region to help with storm relief efforts.

Paul told West Kentucky Star the donation would be split among six charities: The Mayfield-Graves County Tornado Relief Fund, Relevant Church in Paducah, Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief, Redemption City Church, HOTEL, INC, and The United Way of Southern Kentucky.

Paul said he did believe there was a role for government in disasters but said there was also a role for private charity.

In addition to his donation, his team also contacted Lowe's about getting chainsaws donated to the relief effort. He said Lowe's not only donated chainsaws, but they also took it one step further and donated $1,000,000.

"We're an incredibly generous nation, so I think it is important that everybody try to help out with food, with lodging. You would be surprised. There are thousands of people across Kentucky that have taken in Friends, relatives, neighbors. People are volunteering to get others a hotel room," Paul said.

Paul said it was amazing seeing everyone coming together to help out. In Bowling Green, he said the Ohio Church of Nazarene was seen lending a hand in clean-up efforts. In addition, he said 38 states had sent linesmen to help get electricity up and running again.

"It's pretty amazing everybody coming together. The National Guard, some of this is a function of government, but many of these people are just volunteers. Our friends told us an Alcoholics Anonymous group had come out and wanted to do something. They were working in a neighborhood cleaning up," Paul said.

Paul spoke about the storm's impact on his hometown of Bowling Green. He said the night of the storm, 150 police cars had flat tires because they were driving through the debris trying to help people.

"You don't think of this as you're driving around trying to rescue people that so many nails were blown into the street from the roofs that a big problem was changing the tires." He continued, "There was a crew going around all night rescuing the police officers, changing their tires, and getting a new tire on so they can get them to the next emergency."

Paul addressed people that have called him a hypocrite for supporting federal disaster relief in Kentucky, saying it's just not true.

"When I was first elected in 2010, one of the first things I did was advocate for disaster relief for Kentucky." Paul said, "All I've ever said is that whenever we have to add to disaster relief, it should be paid for by taking the money from some other wasteful part of the government. I've never said we shouldn't be involved in disaster relief."

Paul said that his office had sent dozens of letters to the president requesting disaster relief over the years, and the most recent time isn't extraordinary.

"People want to make some sort of political statement. We haven't even buried our dead in Kentucky, and the left now wants to make all of this about politics. It's kind of sad because really this is a time of sadness and grieving and also a time of urgency and trying to help people," Paul said.

Paul plans to visit Mayfield, Princeton, and Dawson Springs on Friday to survey storm damage.

Time to inject some reality in the leftist hate-fest.

Rand Paul donating $100,000 to tornado relief effort

Senator Rand Paul recently announced a $100,000 donation to various charities across the region to help with storm relief efforts.

Paul told West Kentucky Star the donation would be split among six charities: The Mayfield-Graves County Tornado Relief Fund, Relevant Church in Paducah, Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief, Redemption City Church, HOTEL, INC, and The United Way of Southern Kentucky.

Paul said he did believe there was a role for government in disasters but said there was also a role for private charity.

In addition to his donation, his team also contacted Lowe's about getting chainsaws donated to the relief effort. He said Lowe's not only donated chainsaws, but they also took it one step further and donated $1,000,000.

"We're an incredibly generous nation, so I think it is important that everybody try to help out with food, with lodging. You would be surprised. There are thousands of people across Kentucky that have taken in Friends, relatives, neighbors. People are volunteering to get others a hotel room," Paul said.

Paul said it was amazing seeing everyone coming together to help out. In Bowling Green, he said the Ohio Church of Nazarene was seen lending a hand in clean-up efforts. In addition, he said 38 states had sent linesmen to help get electricity up and running again.

"It's pretty amazing everybody coming together. The National Guard, some of this is a function of government, but many of these people are just volunteers. Our friends told us an Alcoholics Anonymous group had come out and wanted to do something. They were working in a neighborhood cleaning up," Paul said.

Paul spoke about the storm's impact on his hometown of Bowling Green. He said the night of the storm, 150 police cars had flat tires because they were driving through the debris trying to help people.

"You don't think of this as you're driving around trying to rescue people that so many nails were blown into the street from the roofs that a big problem was changing the tires." He continued, "There was a crew going around all night rescuing the police officers, changing their tires, and getting a new tire on so they can get them to the next emergency."

Paul addressed people that have called him a hypocrite for supporting federal disaster relief in Kentucky, saying it's just not true.

"When I was first elected in 2010, one of the first things I did was advocate for disaster relief for Kentucky." Paul said, "All I've ever said is that whenever we have to add to disaster relief, it should be paid for by taking the money from some other wasteful part of the government. I've never said we shouldn't be involved in disaster relief."

Paul said that his office had sent dozens of letters to the president requesting disaster relief over the years, and the most recent time isn't extraordinary.

"People want to make some sort of political statement. We haven't even buried our dead in Kentucky, and the left now wants to make all of this about politics. It's kind of sad because really this is a time of sadness and grieving and also a time of urgency and trying to help people," Paul said.

Paul plans to visit Mayfield, Princeton, and Dawson Springs on Friday to survey storm damage.
Visiting those places is is his job. You know, the job he was doing when he voted "no" for disaster relief for other people, but then begged for it when his ass was on the line.

"Look at me, I'm doing my job!"

images (2).jpeg

All you did was strengthen the point that he is a fuckbilled twatypus.

Visiting those places is is his job. You know, the job he was doing when he voted "no" for disaster relief for other people, but then begged for it when his ass was on the line.

"Look at me, I'm doing my job!"

View attachment 575795

All you did was strengthen the point that he is a fuckbilled twatypus.
I showed where what you claim is a lie.

You keep lying.

Run along, boy. Kentuckians don't need a damn thing from you.

I was flipping through the channels this morning and they were showing pictures of a lot of the kids who died in that mess. Of course, any lives lost in this way are a travesty, but it was a bit tough to watch.

Forum List

Back