Radio-active

As I spend way too much time driving (which I hate), and I tire of the music stations quickly, I usually end up listening to whatever talk radio stations are in range. These are usually sports talk stations, but sometimes those dumbasses are just too much to take, so it's local news/talk or even - I'm ashamed to admit - NPR. There are occasionally interesting topics raised even if they are rarely handled well.

One topic overheard today: An economics professor discussing the idea that many working moms spend more on daycare and associated costs than they make at their jobs, meaning remaining stay-at-home moms is a more viable option than many people realize. There are also many benefits to the family in having a stay-at-home parent raising the children.
You should tune into Rush. Give him 6 weeks and you'll find the answers you seek

As I spend way too much time driving (which I hate), and I tire of the music stations quickly, I usually end up listening to whatever talk radio stations are in range. These are usually sports talk stations, but sometimes those dumbasses are just too much to take, so it's local news/talk or even - I'm ashamed to admit - NPR. There are occasionally interesting topics raised even if they are rarely handled well.

One topic overheard today: An economics professor discussing the idea that many working moms spend more on daycare and associated costs than they make at their jobs, meaning remaining stay-at-home moms is a more viable option than many people realize. There are also many benefits to the family in having a stay-at-home parent raising the children.
You should tune into Rush. Give him 6 weeks and you'll find the answers you seek

I’m not seeking any.

Forum List

Back