Men like Scott Disick on Ozempic-like drugs are 3.5 times more likely to suffer embarrassing sexual side effect

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I really don't understand what it is so hard about eating right and getting in some moderate exercise. I have never been obese in my life. I was an athlete when I was a kid and I've been a dedicated gym goer since my 20s. Yes, there were times that I drank more frequently than I should have and didn't always eat as healthy as I should. I certainly noticed the difference in my body, but I was still active and stayed in relatively decent shape. I've never had the "dad bod." I'm 42 now and I still go to the gym five days a week. I get some cardio in on the other two days.

People come up with every excuse in the book to avoid responsibility for their health. I have a full time job too. I did this even with a family at home. We don't eat out very often and we rarely consume processed foods. We cook all the time so I can stay in control of what I'm eating and how many calories I'm consuming. It truly isn't that difficult; it just takes some dedication and eventually it becomes routine. You don't even think about it. The bottom line is people are simply lazy and would rather pop a pill than put in even minimal effort.

I really don't understand what it is so hard about eating right and getting in some moderate exercise. I have never been obese in my life. I was an athlete when I was a kid and I've been a dedicated gym goer since my 20s. Yes, there were times that I drank more frequently than I should have and didn't always eat as healthy as I should. I certainly noticed the difference in my body, but I was still active and stayed in relatively decent shape. I've never had the "dad bod." I'm 42 now and I still go to the gym five days a week. I get some cardio in on the other two days.

People come up with every excuse in the book to avoid responsibility for their health. I have a full time job too. I did this even with a family at home. We don't eat out very often and we rarely consume processed foods. We cook all the time so I can stay in control of what I'm eating and how many calories I'm consuming. It truly isn't that difficult; it just takes some dedication and eventually it becomes routine. You don't even think about it. The bottom line is people are simply lazy and would rather pop a pill than put in even minimal effort.

For sure lifestyle is a huge component of whether we have healthy bodies or not. But be careful of those who do everything right and still have problems managing weight, health issues, etc. For instance my sister had five children and did feed them right when they were growing up. All five were athletes. Three were of normal weight and health all during childhood. One was underweight and malnourished which we finally determined was due to Celiac disease. And one was quite obese which was showing up before she could select her own diet.

All this is to say give thanks for the blessings of good health. But genetics is a very strong factor in that and none of us have any control over that.

Once you get off Ozempic you put the weight back on.

So I guess if you like your new body you have to stay on the drug for life, but it is only one injection a week. Long term side effects unknown.

Right now it gives hope to those who have been trying to lose weight their whole lives

Beats surgery

So I guess if you like your new body you have to stay on the drug for life, but it is only one injection a week. Long term side effects unknown.
I heard its very expensive and insurance wont cover it if you are not diabetic. I talked to a girl who took it (very overweight) and she said vomiting and diarrhea, what a mess.

You can't be overweight if you eat a proper amount of calories for your body type and level of activity. I weigh exactly the same as I did when I was running marathons. I had to stop due to arthritis in my hips but I still exercise, albeit much less. I weigh exactly the same as I did when I ran marathons because I used to eat twice as many calories when I was training. Simple as that adjust your calories, don't eat junk.

I can totally understand people who are very obese using it. Obesity has some significant health issues associated with it that balance out the side effects.

Obesity is seldom a case of “lazy” and “undisciplined”. Some of the busiest and most productive I know are also obese yet they are judged on their body weight.

What is less understandable is people getting prescribed who are only moderately overweight and for whom lifestyle changes might be effective.

It seems too new for its long term metabolic effects to be understood. I’d worry about that.

Obesity is seldom a case of “lazy” and “undisciplined”.

It almost always is. Very few people experience obesity due to medical issues or medication.

Some of the busiest and most productive I know are also obese yet they are judged on their body weight.

It doesn't matter how active they are if they are eating more than they are burning.

Exactly. It's the reason why so many people who go on fad diets end up gaining the weight back after they stop. It's a lifestyle change. If you aren't willing to change your lifestyle then you may as well not even bother.

42 is still young. You should be in great shape.

Then there are those who are overweight and obese but in great health and are in great shape for their size. I knew a 6' 300+ lb guy in his mid 50's who was very overweight but his doctor would always tell the family he was as healthy as an ox!

He would jog like 3+ miles a day and lift weights as well as go on long bike rides on weekends. He was a runner most of his life and never stopped running, but he put on the pounds when he got older, but still kept in good physical condition. He had like a great immune system and never took sick days off work because he would never get sick.

He would see the doctor and the doctor would tell him other than being overweight he is as healthy as an ox. Great blood sugar, great blood pressure, good immune system, he had a healthy pulse, great heart. Doctor would tell him he is more healthy than the majority of the population. Doctor would tell him he really didn't need to lose weight even though he was obese and overweight because he was very healthy .

Forum List

Back