Race is an Illusion

If race can be measured by use of genetics......

....would that you mean that you view race as a genetic feature of a human?

(I'm beginning to suspect one of us is a moron......)

Are you claiming race isn't genetic?

Then why is it a negroid male and a caucasoid female always have a child with negroid and caucasoid traits and not a mongoloid child? Do you understand anything about genetics and evolution?

Are you claiming race isn't genetic?

Then why is it a negroid male and a caucasoid female always have a child with negroid and caucasoid traits and not a mongoloid child? Do you understand anything about genetics and evolution?

This is some sort of weird intellectual wrestling match for you, isn't it? C'mon, admit it. I bet you do this to all the newbies.

IS RACE GENETIC?

Twist that, you socratic freak!

(BTW, my POV is that race is NOT genetic. It is merely social.)

Race arguments are like arguing over how you want your toast.

It is all the same fucking bread.

I cannot help but notice JBeukema has quit posting to this thread.

Do newbies who eventually catch on get some sort of booby prize? Was that some sort of cruel USMB Welcome Wagon?

I cannot help but notice JBeukema has quit posting to this thread.

Do newbies who eventually catch on get some sort of booby prize? Was that some sort of cruel USMB Welcome Wagon?

Don't worry:

Its really no great loss when the AAA battery that runs JB'ema's neural synapses needs changing.

Some can.

*Points to Mikhail Baryshnikov*

Exception to the rule. My observation in life is that most whites can't dance. Correction, can't dance well. :D

I had no idea that Fred was Black

fredastaire1938.jpg

Changes to the genome aren't genetic?

You people are fucking retarded.

I believe we have an answer! So at long last I have you cornered, JBeukema, and have forced you to admit that your POV is:

Race is genetic.

Whew. Only 6 pages and a bazillion posts later, we find our heroine asking JBeukema...

Fine. What gene(s) controls race in humans then? Anything beyond skin color, eye color, etc. In short, what genetic material do ALL people who are not African, Native, Asian, etc. "looking" to one degree or another share that NO ONE else on Plant Earth shares a la the old genome?

And whilst you're answering that one...what say you as to the whiteness of Jews? Greeks? Italians? How far east can you go on the old European continent and still be "white"?

Because JBeukema, my POV is that "whiteness" is genetically meaningless and that we share no all-ours-nobody-else-can-have-any genetic material, any more than we share any "white culture".

Unless of course, "white culture" is defined as any cultural phenom that cannot be regarded as African, Asian, Native, etc. We'd be the "left overs, left outs" gang then, I guess.

This person:

1966_09.jpg

and I look much more alike than he does with this person:

13945.jpg

(By the way that is the famous black model, Alek Wek.)

And all of us look more like one another than any of us looks like this person:

asian-woman-bedroom.jpg

Unless of course, you think we all look more like one another than any of us looks like this person:

Eskimo-Woman-th.jpg

But then, it's all perception isn't it?

Being "white" is scientifically as relevant to me as the story of Adam and Eve. I think it's a fast-fading social construct which cannot die off fast enough to suit me.

Well, rather than wait for it, I suppose I need to at least post the linky for poor, retarded JB.

Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

Well, rather than wait for it, I suppose I need to at least post the linky for poor, retarded JB.

Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

We had our mitocondrian dna mapped....found out some interesting ancestorial areas that I never knew we had. (BTW...mitocondrian is mother to mother to mother to mother, etc.)

Being "white" is scientifically as relevant to me as the story of Adam and Eve. I think it's a fast-fading social construct which cannot die off fast enough to suit me.

Maybe you could do us a favor and die off yourself. Like, now.

Charming. You email your Mom with that hand William Joyce?

(I assume you never have both hands on the keyboard at any one time.)

Somewhere, a greeting card company is grieving the loss of your wit.....

We had our mitocondrian dna mapped....found out some interesting ancestorial areas that I never knew we had. (BTW...mitocondrian is mother to mother to mother to mother, etc.)

I'd love to have this done bodecea. May I ask how your family came to be chosen to get mapped?

What gene(s) controls race in humans then?

:eusa_eh:

Are you retarded?
Anything beyond skin color, eye color, etc. In short, what genetic material do ALL people who are not African, Native, Asian, etc. "looking" to one degree or another share that NO ONE else on Plant Earth shares a la the old genome?

Are you retarded?

google: genetic markers

I already told you about SNPs and posted a map that names the very alleles used to track the various populations and splits with in the species.

ancestry5_medium.jpg

(again)
And whilst you're answering that one...what say you as to the whiteness of Jews? Greeks? Italians? How far east can you go on the old European continent and still be "white"?

'White' refers to one of the three major races (which, in turn, includes a number of smaller populations). It is generally used to refer to those smaller populations who in turn constitute the Mediterranean (old Mediterranean), Nordic, and Alpine races.

Because JBeukema, my POV is that "whiteness" is genetically meaningless

O Rly?

Have you ever read a book?
and that we share no all-ours-nobody-else-can-have-any genetic material, any more than we share any "white culture".

see the map, nitwit.

Ever heard of DNA evidence? it's oft used in court.

Ever heard of paternity tests?
Being "white" is scientifically as relevant to me as the story of Adam and Eve.

'scientifically relevant to you'? Your opinion doesn't decide science, you idiot.

Ask any Korean veteran about the Mediterraneans and the problem of antimalarials.

Nobody ever claimed human races constituted subspecies. Your strawman doesn't hold up.

Google:ecotype

'Genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity'

O Rly? Then how did the build the human family tree by tracing exactly those differences?

Forum List

Back