Race is an Illusion

As to "changing/shifting whiteness", what I mean is, the loss of belief that white is a race (that race is a genetic distinction)

So you would seek to erase the existence of one of the three major races?

Are we talking past one another? Race is not genetic, ergo, there is no "white race". Just out of curiosity, what are the other two races in your opinion? African and Asian does not appear to be elastic enough to include Native peoples in the Americas or Australia, etc.

Beyond all this is the lack of agreement as to who is and who is not "white" and the way that has morphed over time.

If we agree that race is a mere social construct, do we also agree that notions of "whiteness", "white culture" and "the white race" are undergoing changes?

Race is an Illusion

So white men can jump?

Quite possibly but they still can't dance.

Rent Saturday Night Fever.

saturday-night-fever.jpg

Race is not genetic

So a black woman can get pregnant by a white man and give birth to an asian baby?

Are you mentally challenged?
ergo, there is no "white race". Just out of curiosity, what are the other two races in your opinion? African and Asian does not appear to be elastic enough to include Native peoples in the Americas or Australia, etc.
North American natives are descended of the Asians (Mongoloids), genius. The aboriginees descended from ealry groups to leave Africa through a route that's apparently underwater now. Again, SNPs demonstrate this.

The Human Family Tree

ancestry5_medium.jpg

Your idiocy doesn't outweigh genetics.

In 1981 Dr. Wallace headed a Stanford research team that found that ethnic groups could be identified and linked to their continent of origin by the mutation patterns in their mtDNA. Moreover, by determining how often these telltale mutations occurred, it was possible to calculate how long ago certain groups stopped intermarrying and separated, each going off to develop its own unique pattern of mtDNA mutations.
"Each continent had a different pattern" of mtDNA mutations, Dr. Wallace recalls of his research findings. Africans had mtDNA variations that distinguished them from Asians who, in turn, had variations that distinguished them from European-American Caucasians. "That's when I knew we had an anthropological story," he says. ...
Dr. Wallace began studying the mtDNA of Native Americans in the mid-1980s in hopes of resolving a long-raging debate over when prehistoric peoples entered the Americas. The presumption long has been that the ancestors of Native Americans came from Siberia. But anthropologists have argued for year over how many, and when, such migrations occurred.
The mtDNA analyses are showing that the ancestors of the Amerinds, who comprise most Native Americans, entered the Americans in a single migratory wave 20,000 to 40,000 years ago, Dr. Wallace and his Emory colleagues ... reported last year. This puts humans in the Americas long before a fluted stone-spear point--the oldest American tool ever found--was dropped by a prehistoric dweller near Clovis, N.M., 11,000 years ago.
The researchers also found that ancestors of the Navajo, Apache and other members of a Native American group, known collectively as the Na-Dene, are latecomers; they entered the continent in a second migration a mere 5,000 to 10,000 years ago, the research indicates.
mtDNA & Native American origins

Beyond all this is the lack of agreement as to who is and who is not "white" and the way that has morphed over time.
Again you conflate culture and nationality with genetic race
If we agree that race is a mere social construct,
Read the book I linked earlier

Genetics doesn't measure social constructs

Last edited:
Madeline wrote:

JBeukema wrote:

I still cannot tell whether you agree with the Op or not. Is it your position that race is a genetic feature of a human? Not merely ancestry and migratory patterns, but race? If so, how do you view "the white race"?

Madeline wrote:

JBeukema wrote:

I still cannot tell whether you agree with the Op or not. Is it your position that race is a genetic feature of a human? Not merely ancestry and migratory patterns, but race? If so, how do you view "the white race"?

Speak more slowly to JB'ema.

He's the product of cousins "crossing migratory patterns" once too often.

In my view (meaning you, JBuekema), race:

[ ] is NOT a genetic feature of a human

[ ] is a genetic feature of a human

[ ] too complicated for me to reply to this, because (enter essay here).

Thankies!

I've answered your moronic question numerous times.

Racial lineage and makeup can be measured with a high degree of accuracy using SNPs [pronounced 'snips'].
A proper understanding of genetics [which you've shown you lack] and human migratory history [which I suspect you also lack] lead to and are necessary for a proper understanding of race.

Forum List

Back