R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

I think there were a few more, but maybe they didn't chart as well.

Margaritaville was his biggest hit. But there were so many great songs.

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid
Changes is Latitude
Let’s Get Drunk and Screw

Lots of hits in there.

The weather is here I wish you were beautiful.

Still one of the best turn a phrase lyrics ever sung. It was hard to stay pissed off when Buffett was playing, Jimmy always helped me to remember don’t take yourself or life too serious and how important it is to make time for a little sand on your feet and salt air in your lungs .

Rest in peace you pirate

Maybe he's living on sponge cake.
This could have been the result of a diet of sponge cake and margueritas. I met Jimmy Buffet before he was famous long ago down in Key West. I was playing in the minors at the time. Some guys on our team and I were drinking at a very secluded bar called the Sands when Jimmy and a bunch of Key West musicians came in and took turns playing songs they just made up on the piano. It was great. They invited us to a bar downtown called Capt. Tony's, so we went. When we got there, I was approached by some dude who asked me if I was straight. I said "hell no. I'm pretty drunk". He said "no, I mean are you into dudes". I said no and went on drinking with my buddies for a while until there was a big commotion in the back of the bar. It turned out to be the dude who hit on me, imagine that, getting married to some other dude. We never did see Jimmy, Billy nine fingers or any of the other musicians at Capt. Tony's, but two of us did get bit by a toothless monkey (no lie) that was in a cage in the middle of the bar. On top of that, we got reprimanded for agitating the monkey. Crazy night. And that's my Jimmy Buffet story. RIP Jimmy. You were not only a great songwriter and performer, but you were also one of the greatest marketers ever.

I had a whole bar turn against me for singing along the live version to "Margaritaville" when it played on the jukebox.

You woulda thought I cussed they mamas or something. :omg:

Ignorant country fuckers.

My favorite's "Cheeseburger in Paradise."

Forum List

Back